Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 19:51 Quote
All good bro, was just trying to give you a heads up....

Not a huge deal.

Sweet Evil rides by the way!

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 22:26 Quote
I'm sure someone's posted it before (can't find it) but does anyone know the bearing sizes for the Uprisings heatset? Not really up for paying over £100 from the distributor.... cheers ????????

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
vinoirmaisey wrote:
I'm sure someone's posted it before (can't find it) but does anyone know the bearing sizes for the Uprisings heatset? Not really up for paying over £100 from the distributor.... cheers ????????

All recent Evil Bikes, including The Uprising, use FSA Integrated Tapered No.57/68 headset.
Alternatively bearings from other suppliers can be used:
- Upper Bearing 30.2x41x6.5 36˚/45˚
- Lower Bearing 40×51.8×8 36˚/45˚

https://www.evil-bikes.com/products/evil-headset

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
DVO Topaz owners did you have to buy new mounting hardware or bushings for your insurgent? Finally buying myself one and I would hate to look at it while I am waiting on hardware.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
Yo, just ordered an Insurgent. My 3rd Evil in the last three years but the first one that is black.

Anybody have experience with the invisiframe kits? On Evil's black paint what looks better? The matte finish or gloss finish tape?

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 15:22 Quote
AZlinerider wrote:
DVO Topaz owners did you have to buy new mounting hardware or bushings for your insurgent? Finally buying myself one and I would hate to look at it while I am waiting on hardware.
I used the DU bushings from my Float X. I didn't need any additional hardware.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 20:34 Quote
chupicocconut wrote:
Yo, just ordered an Insurgent. My 3rd Evil in the last three years but the first one that is black.

Anybody have experience with the invisiframe kits? On Evil's black paint what looks better? The matte finish or gloss finish tape?

I’ve used invisiframe kits on my last few frames and they fit great. Note they are little time consuming to apply, but worth it IMO. I can’t speak to the gloss finish as I’ve only used the matte (matte looks dope). I have a black Following and the only gripe I have is the protective film is a pain to get to lay completely flat over the thick EVIL frame logos. If you don’t get the film to lay flat, you will see a slight 3-D effect on your frame logos. Just follow the directions and take your time and you should be fine. Good luck…

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 0:19 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
chupicocconut wrote:

I’ve used invisiframe kits on my last few frames and they fit great. Note they are little time consuming to apply, but worth it IMO. I can’t speak to the gloss finish as I’ve only used the matte (matte looks dope). I have a black Following and the only gripe I have is the protective film is a pain to get to lay completely flat over the thick EVIL frame logos. If you don’t get the film to lay flat, you will see a slight 3-D effect on your frame logos. Just follow the directions and take your time and you should be fine. Good luck…

Invisiframe did mine for me. The perfect no stress solution.
And yes there is a 3D effect around the logos

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 4:10 Quote
I looked at invisframe but ultimately decided it was maybe overkill and a bit expensive. Did my own cut pieces of 3M on the heel rub areas of the frame and called it a day. I also added some mastic tape in key areas on the drive side swingarm to shut it up.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 6:31 Quote
Insurgent Build-

Just got rid of my son's Nomad C frame and i am swapping all the parts over to an Insurgent. Shock question for you guys.......

I decided to go with the monarch for two reasons- 1: I am not a fox guy and 2: I wanted to keep the bike is light as possible for trail riding.

We live in Northern California and in the summer we ride Downieville frequently and this bike will also be going to Northstar so I would like to have a coil shock on those days.......

Does anyone know if RockShox Vivid Coil will fit on a medium Insurgent frame?

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 7:03 Quote
My latest Evil.... only one ride in so far but very impressed. Straight lines like my Wreck did but feels much more nimble :-)

Di2 set up on a E13 9-46 too.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
vinoirmaisey wrote:

Hey!

Simpler: Enter "tapered integrated headset" into search bar.

It is basically a tapered version of the BMX standard "integrated" (not to be confused with integral *yay standards!) style headset. Same thing you see on a lot of modern cromoly hardtail frames with a tapered headtube.

Also, we have some here at EVIL, so don't hesitate to reach out. info@evil-bikes.com

-D

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 7:54 Quote
EvilBikesCustomerService wrote:
vinoirmaisey wrote:

Hey!

It is basically a tapered version of the BMX standard "integrated" (not to be confused with integral *yay standards!) style headset. Same thing you see on a lot of modern cromoly hardtail frames with a tapered headtube.

Also, we have some here at EVIL, so don't hesitate to reach out. info@evil-bikes.com

-D

Love the fact Evil HQ get involved like this. tup tup tup

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 9:06 Quote
faceplanting wrote:
EvilBikesCustomerService wrote:
vinoirmaisey wrote:

Hey!

-D

Love the fact Evil HQ get involved like this. tup tup tup
Yes, good work Evil.
Much wiser(cost effective) to stay on top of PR than to play the cleanup role(sweep things under a rug) in this day and age(information age)...

Btw, lets see if this react 2 fun suspension takes off...there's gna be some risk for companies to jump on it, proly to much for evil when things are goin good now.

I coach a fast teenager and his dad is racetech suspension(moto suspension) whom has several patents(push pays to use 1 or more) and has talked about telescoping suspension for few years now, designing mtb stuff behind the scenes.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 17:06 Quote
EVIL BIKES THE CALLING

this is my Calling,
I build it with 26 plus, but 26plus tire is not so many in market.

WTB Ranger and Surly only 2 kind of tire, But I found MAXXIS will release
Minion DHF 26*2.8" at their lineup in future.
i hope I can get it.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024757
Mobile Version of Website