Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 20:01 Quote
yshinots wrote:
EVIL BIKES THE CALLING

this is my Calling,
I build it with 26 plus, but 26plus tire is not so many in market.

WTB Ranger and Surly only 2 kind of tire, But I found MAXXIS will release
Minion DHF 26*2.8" at their lineup in future.
i hope I can get it.
Sweet! like the 26+ on there.

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 10:36 Quote
yshinots wrote:
EVIL BIKES THE CALLING

this is my Calling,
I build it with 26 plus, but 26plus tire is not so many in market.

WTB Ranger and Surly only 2 kind of tire, But I found MAXXIS will release
Minion DHF 26*2.8" at their lineup in future.
i hope I can get it.

Solid build!

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 1:32 Quote
Sorry if this is not allowed here, but wondering if any of you have swapped parts over from a Reign onto an Insurgent?

Keen to pick up a frame but trying to use the shock and fork from my 2015 reign would make it a whole lot cheaper/

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 14:58 Quote
As long as the shock eye to eye is 7.875 I don't see a problem. The shock will need new hardware also, if it's the right size. For fox shocks it 22mm by 8mm and rockshock is just under 22mm if I remember right. For the fork you shouldnt have problems unless it's a straight steering tube but they make a adapter you can use to run it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 18:10 Quote
so is there any news about insurgent DELTA link changed to Trunnion soon? i found out that FOX Float X2 2017 Trunnion is out now. Smile can i put calling delta link to insurgent?

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 21:27 Quote
I wouldn't hold my breath...

Posted: Apr 16, 2017 at 2:13 Quote
Something for Wreckoning Smile

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-29-dh-fork-mondraker-29er-dh-bike.html

Posted: Apr 16, 2017 at 11:56 Quote
I'm pretty sure the Calling Luke used in the Calling release media was running on a Fox X2 shock with a 36 fork.

Should make the bike fairly bomb proof with a shock like the X2 on the rear

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
AZlinerider wrote:
As long as the shock eye to eye is 7.875 I don't see a problem. The shock will need new hardware also, if it's the right size. For fox shocks it 22mm by 8mm and rockshock is just under 22mm if I remember right. For the fork you shouldnt have problems unless it's a straight steering tube but they make a adapter you can use to run it.

thanks for the reply, Yes the shock length is the same,

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 20:46 Quote
Evil Insurgent, but with 26" wheels. Yea? I just love these ENVE M90 Tens wheels of mine and do not want to give them up (on the account that I think I could only get $1000 or less for them.) My large Transition Suppressor frame is very similar to the large Evil Insurgent geometry. The reasoning is I want to be on a carbon frame again, and I cannot sell/trade away these 26" ENVE wheels. I love ENVE and these M90 Ten are no exception as they kick ass.

Typically I run my suspension a bit stiffer than most, and comparing the numbers. With a 160mm fork and 27.5" wheels BB height is estimated at 346mm. Figure to use a 27.5" fork, which will rake the front up a bit compared to a 26" fork. 2.5" tires both front and rear. 19mm drop from 27.5" to 26" and that gives me a BB height of 327mm which is just 5mm less than the BB height in the X-Low geometry position which is 432mm. I use 170mm length of crank arms with crank boots and HT T1 pedals.

Just thought it looked good. envewheels Chromagbikes MarzocchiMTB deityusa

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
Just want to add to the RWC Needle Bearing experience because it's one modification that I've done that shows immediate results, I can't believe how much better the rear feels on my Following after such a small upgrade!

RWC Needle Bearing install for rct3 Debonair on a Evil The Following

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
dirtyrig wrote:
Just want to add to the RWC Needle Bearing experience because it's one modification that I've done that shows immediate results, I can't believe how much better the rear feels on my Following after such a small upgrade!

I was thinking about snagging some of these. Did you do upper and lower eyelets?

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
Also does anybody need decals? I'm making a vinyl order here soon if anybody wants something I don't have in stock.

Tyler.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 11:40 Quote
tpersons wrote:
dirtyrig wrote:

I was thinking about snagging some of these. Did you do upper and lower eyelets?

You only have to do the upper.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
That's what I figured. For sure. Thanks man!! Last call for vinyl!! Hit me up for custom colors and cruise my profile for some examples!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016821
Mobile Version of Website