Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 29, 2017 at 6:23 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
iainmac-1 wrote:
Dude your Sov is sick! I actually remember reading your bike check on Vital...was cool seeing all the stuff you did to it. The fork is impressive, nice work!

Agree, one of the neatest i've seen personally! tup

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 13:05 Quote
pkitch wrote:
Does anyone know the top and bottom shock mount torque settings please for the Insurgent?

20nm

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
Hello everyone, Picked up this beauty back in 2016 in June. As of late things haven't been going so smoothly for this Evil The Following, I think I might be in a select group running a 2x set up. The issue I am having is the Shimmano XT FD where the wire comes up from the frame the Tab on it was interfering with my Hans Demf Rear tire on the Easton Heist 30 Rim. I went over a root and short hopped it and when I came down, the tab snapped. I have a SRAM FD coming but wanted to know if anyone else running a 2x11 set up is experiencing similar issues.
Tried to upload images, can't get them to run right, any help would be great!

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
scblurlt wrote:
pkitch wrote:
Does anyone know the top and bottom shock mount torque settings please for the Insurgent?

20nm

No. The upper is marked to 9.6nm. Bottom is not but i would not tighten it more than 11nm.

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 0:00 Quote
scblurlt wrote:
pkitch wrote:

20nm

I wouldnt torque it to 20 nm that sounds way too high, I think the 9 nm is more in line with other bikes I have had......

Why are these specs not provided as all the other bolts have the torque settings printed on the actual bolt?

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 3:14 Quote
hi guys,

photo

my insurgent getting a washy washy.

abit of rare bike around thes[/P]e parts! can probably count the population on one hand lol

O+
Posted: May 30, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
jarrodnzz wrote:
hi guys,

photo

abit of rare bike around thes[/P]e parts! can probably count the population on one hand lol
Sweet ride!

Posted: May 30, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
jarrodnzz wrote:
hi guys,

photo

I'll have a black one there shortly too Smile

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
pkitch wrote:

85 in/lbs will do. Which I believe is 9.6nm

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
jarrodnzz wrote:
hi guys,

photo

That looks rad!
My Insurgent is the only one I've seen in person which is cool.
Same with my Uprising actually.

EDIT tried taking the picture down a size but the changes I know have worked don't seem to be doing anything now, anyone know if it's been changed?

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 19:48 Quote
jarrodnzz wrote:
hi guys,

BTW, is that the 2018 Fox 36 or the 2017? I've ordered a 2018 for my Insurgent but the supplier doesn't seem to have them yet. My Insurgent frame is currently clearing Customs, apparently. Getting closer...

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
About to buy myself an Insurgent. Coming from an HD3 so swapping a lot of parts over. Does anyone know if the CCDBA CS will fit? The shocks are the same sizes - 200x57.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
A guy at mtbr says he had it on L size insurgent, but to be carefull when instaling to rotate the valve- so it doesnt hit the frame when bott out.
Also said that he liked the performance very much

Posted: Jun 13, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
Anybody have any success replacing the bearings on their Evil Insurgent without buying the RWC specific delta link bearing drifts? I've got access to the complete $300 Wheelsmith bearing press kit, with the drifts, and am wondering if that'll suffice for swapping the frame bearings on the Evil Insurgent. I'm really only worried about the odd shapes of the Delta linkage

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 5:26 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
Anybody have any success replacing the bearings on their Evil Insurgent without buying the RWC specific delta link bearing drifts? I've got access to the complete $300 Wheelsmith bearing press kit, with the drifts, and am wondering if that'll suffice for swapping the frame bearings on the Evil Insurgent. I'm really only worried about the odd shapes of the Delta linkage

yes , no worries

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010791
Mobile Version of Website