Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 17:32 Quote
tpersons wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Can any one give any opinions torwards an insurgent vs a wreckoning. Im having a really hard time deciding with which one i want to pick. I really do enjoy going fast, and i do race, but i would also say im somewhat a a parkrat and spend a lot of time in the park getting the bike relatively sideways and some minor tricks, like suicides, can cans, and starting to learn 3s.

I have an insurgent and my bro has a wreckoning. I also have an undead. My opinion if you're gunna race and ride the bike park is wreckoning. To me, the wreckoning, although taller, felt like you ride more in the bike. It feels closer to my undead than my insurgent does. The extra 10mm of travel and the bigger wheels will help out in the park. Plus that bike hauls ass, so good for racing. Just my 2 cents.
So the 29er wont stop it from being playful. Correct?

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
tpersons wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Can any one give any opinions torwards an insurgent vs a wreckoning. Im having a really hard time deciding with which one i want to pick. I really do enjoy going fast, and i do race, but i would also say im somewhat a a parkrat and spend a lot of time in the park getting the bike relatively sideways and some minor tricks, like suicides, can cans, and starting to learn 3s.

I have an insurgent and my bro has a wreckoning. I also have an undead. My opinion if you're gunna race and ride the bike park is wreckoning. To me, the wreckoning, although taller, felt like you ride more in the bike. It feels closer to my undead than my insurgent does. The extra 10mm of travel and the bigger wheels will help out in the park. Plus that bike hauls ass, so good for racing. Just my 2 cents.

Steer clear of both bikes if you ride a lot of park. The Wreckoning doesn't jump like a freeride bike, and they Insurgent has way too much flex. There are other trail friendly bikes out there that would handle the park riding a lot better. Transition Patrol, Yeti SB6c, YT Capra, etc. The evils are just fun trail bikes.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 16:59 Quote
I respectfully disagree. My Insurgent is absolutely a blast at my local bike parks and I feel no flex at all...

Crazy Horse Trail
Flight Deck Drop
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
tpersons wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

I mean it's still a 29'er but it's one of the best I've ridden.

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 7:41 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
tpersons wrote:

Steer clear of both bikes if you ride a lot of park. The Wreckoning doesn't jump like a freeride bike, and they Insurgent has way too much flex. There are other trail friendly bikes out there that would handle the park riding a lot better. Transition Patrol, Yeti SB6c, YT Capra, etc. The evils are just fun trail bikes.

I have to disagree about the bikepark bit. I have a wreckoning, you'll just have to do a few runs to get used to the bigger wheels and after that all will be good, but its an absolute blast in the bikepark. I rode everything from flowy jump trails to tech with it, and it was always a blast. Now for tricks like 3's the wreckoning wouldn't be the best choice, but anything implicating going FAST in tech or even flow, I can't recommend it enough, that thing is a beast, I honestly feel like I'm riding a small downhill rig, it forgives a lot of mistakes.

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 7:55 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

I have to disagree about the bikepark bit. I have a wreckoning, you'll just have to do a few runs to get used to the bigger wheels and after that all will be good, but its an absolute blast in the bikepark. I rode everything from flowy jump trails to tech with it, and it was always a blast. Now for tricks like 3's the wreckoning wouldn't be the best choice, but anything implicating going FAST in tech or even flow, I can't recommend it enough, that thing is a beast, I honestly feel like I'm riding a small downhill rig, it forgives a lot of mistakes.
I also disagree about the Insurgent in the bike park. I've ridden it at whistler and it's great. Sure, a dh bike will be plusher, but the insurgent never felt outgunned on anything I could ride

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Yea there's a crap ton of them rolling around the park in whistler. But then again there's a crap ton of everything.

Posted: Jul 2, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
After inspecting my headset and putting things back together here's the result:

Is the angle off or not?

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

I guess bike park is subjective. Can they ride bike park? Yes. Can they ride bike park like a DH bike? Not even close.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 4:44 Quote
Obviously...

Nothing will feel like a dh bike, except.... a dh bike.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
fredro wrote:
Obviously...

But the Capra and Nomad come pretty close. Insurgent and Wreckoning, not so much. Don't want the guy to think he's getting a bike more capable than it actually is.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 14:15 Quote
[Quote="RipVanWinkle"]After inspecting my headset and putting things back together here's the result:

Is the angle off or not?

Did you check the steerer tube for straightness? Did you confirm the fork offset?
Did you confirm it is a 29" fork?

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
fredro wrote:
Obviously...

But the Capra and Nomad come pretty close. Insurgent and Wreckoning, not so much. Don't want the guy to think he's getting a bike more capable than it actually is.
Im coming off a patrol carbon. The patrol Honestly felt like more like a dh bike than the nomad. Dont know about the capra though.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
fredro wrote:
Obviously...

if a DH bike is being ridden to it's capabilities, the Capra and Nomad don't come one bit close to that. What's possible, descending, on DH bikes is totally unmatched by whatever minimal stability, traction, and control a trail bike can offer.

That being said, I'd beg you to have a conversation with Luke Strobel who's won many NW cups on the Evil Wreckoning. I haven't ridden the new nomad, but the wreckoning is easily my choice if you wan't something that 'rivals' a DH bike. Burly frame, super long and low front end, carbon fiber, 29" wheels, sounds like plenty of traction to me. Once again..you won't ever hear me say any trail bike can rival a DH bike, for many a DH bike is unnecessary, but if you can push a DH bike there's no 'rival' category of bike.

Posted: Jul 3, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
cmkneeland wrote:
fredro wrote:
Obviously...

Im coming off a patrol carbon. The patrol Honestly felt like more like a dh bike than the nomad. Dont know about the capra though.
Just rode Whistler yesterday on my Capra. It's definitely enough bike, it felt better than my Gambler on the majority of trails, only time I would have wanted the big bike is stuff like Crabapple or maybe goats gully, but the Capra felt pretty good at everything.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021258
Mobile Version of Website