Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 16:16 Quote
I've had my insurgent for a year and a half and the only problem i have had is paint chipping. Never carbon damage, just paint loss from rocks and such. I'd go for it!

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
thanks guys, really helped me a lot, awesome

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
updated rear shock
  updated rear shock

new STICKERS
  new STICKERS

If anyone like myself didn't want to get the DVO topaz due to it not matching your bikes colors, it didn't take much time to remove the anodizing and get matching stickers made. Love the way it looks now, especially since I rode a month with it being green and it killed me every time i looked at it.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
Looks cool. How did you remove the green?

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
Heavy duty oven cleaner! Lol it works perfect and left the etching on the dials. Just spray enough to keep it covers then wipe after a half hour or so. Then repeat until it's all removed

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
Anyone know if evil are planning on releasing a 140mm mid travel 29er?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 0:06 Quote
I've got a couple of minor things with my Insurgent and wanted to see if they're normal:

1) wear on the lower connector for the dogbone link. It's on both sides of the shock and happened after a particularly muddy/sandy ride. Once I noticed the rub I checked all the bolts around and they were all torqued correctly.

2) very minor and just an annoyance really, but the two bolts holding on the chain guide rusted almost straight away. Not an issue, just thought it was weird that they'd be sh*tty steel.

Cheers

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
Everybody's chain guide bolts are rusty. Some people have replaced them with aluminum bolts.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 21:37 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
I've got a couple of minor things with my Insurgent and wanted to see if they're normal:

1) wear on the lower connector for the dogbone link. It's on both sides of the shock and happened after a particularly muddy/sandy ride. Once I noticed the rub I checked all the bolts around and they were all torqued correctly.

2) very minor and just an annoyance really, but the two bolts holding on the chain guide rusted almost straight away. Not an issue, just thought it was weird that they'd be sh*tty steel.

Cheers

photo

photo
Id imagine that wear is from lateral forces..maybe they need to be 'stepped down'(for lack of proper machinery term) from get go.
My following had same..never got too deep tho

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 23:12 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

Cheers
Id imagine that wear is from lateral forces..maybe they need to be 'stepped down'(for lack of proper machinery term) from get go.
My following had same..never got too deep tho

Nice one, much appreciated.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
kit-nz wrote:

Cheers

photo

photo

Any area with low clearance between two moving part will display this superficial wear in sandy/muddy conditions as you mentioned. As long as you clean it afterward to avoid grit to make its way deeper in the metal it's fine.

You way want to check for potential play in the bearing though as it could provoke this as well.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
Barkit wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

Cheers

photo

photo

Any area with low clearance between two moving part will display this superficial wear in sandy/muddy conditions as you mentioned. As long as you clean it afterward to avoid grit to make its way deeper in the metal it's fine.

You way want to check for potential play in the bearing though as it could provoke this as well.

Don't worry about it my undead did that too just order new ones so you've got them when they've worn right out. Because if you need them in a hurry it's going to be sometime before you get them out of Evil

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 16:15 Quote
Dog, you really should give it up. We get it. You got screwed by them. It sucks, but your comments are incredibly annoying and immature. Life isn't fair. Move on. You know who else got shafted by evil, zink and for a hell of a lot more than you did. And unless your him posting under a fake account, we don't see him in here bad mouthing them every week. You probably didn't get help because you were a doucher about it in your contact with them, just like you are on this forum. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and I got my undead regardless of your torrential rants of their horribleness.

Sorry bro. Unsubscribe from this forum. So we don't have to waste our precious internet time on your trolling lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021818
Mobile Version of Website