Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 22:41 Quote
Ordering an Insurgent at the new lower price so that changes things a bit.

Going with GX Eagle. And most likely Lyric 160mm.

Will spec mid priced bars/stem (possibly Deity to support local company). XT8000 brakes. Fox dropper post. Saddle? Who knows at this time. VP pedals I already have.

Question are wheels. Thinking I9 enduro 305.

And as I'm a very light rider at 125-130 do I go push? I can swap out the Rockshox and get the push at a bit less than 900.

A standard build with basic wheels (raceface aeffect) would be about 4800. I'd like to keep this build under $6k. Do I go for the push now and wait on wheels? Or are the I9 that much of an upgrade over stock wheels? I do like what I hear about the push especially for light riders and selecting a trail setting and downhill/bike park setting.
Essentially 2 shocks in one but as I said would like to keep this build reasonable.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 0:56 Quote
rickon wrote:
What have you guys done to eliminate chain slapping from the chainstays?

My insurgent sounds like a Batman episode from the 60s when going over really rough ground.

I've got mastic tape on at the moment, but jt doesn't feel like it's going to help.

Insulation foam seems to work, but looks awful.

I've been using a 3 mm strip of self adhesive EVA foam and does the job (had to glue it with transparent glue to keep it in place)

Evil Insurgent Sz. M Murder Black

Also using self adhesive velcro on the chainguide (only on dry weather; on wet terrain the mud tends to accumulate)

Evil Insurgent Sz. M Murder Black

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:05 Quote
Sooooo many sick Evil's knocking around Salute

Just finished building my bad motha-fukka......

and I'm loving it :-)

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 13:56 Quote
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know how an Fox X2 compares to the stock RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair on the Evil Calling? Performance on climbs? I have heard that the RC3 is super good for traction on climbs.

Thanks Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 14:14 Quote
ThorneMTB wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anybody know how an Fox X2 compares to the stock RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Debonair on the Evil Calling? Performance on climbs? I have heard that the RC3 is super good for traction on climbs.

Thanks Smile
I can't compare on evil bikes, but my SuperDeluxe on the Nomad 4 is more supportive and plusher than any setting I tried on the X2 on my insurgent. I played with the X2 a lot but I think the superdeluxe is a better shock, even though it is limited on adjustments.

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
Has anyone tried vorsprungs tractive valve tune yet? I'm looking to get it done for my insurgent

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:21 Quote
Just built my new following with Fanatik bike, the next 9 days is going to feel like forever.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
I just bought myself a following frame too, wait is killing me!

Hoping to go with a slightly more aggressive build, -1 degree angle set, 140mm pikes, and wtb carbon rims, sure does look like fun ride! Can’t wait!

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
Anybody do a linkage bearing service (swap) on any of the Evils? Mainly the DR 1119 DELTA link bearings are of concern.

The DR 1119 bearings seem to be a pretty uncommon find in sizes for most popular MTB bearing drifts. 11mm I.D., 19mm O.D. and 7mm width. I know RWC makes a bearing drift kit for these bearings, but I'd rather not spend $40 on a drift i'll use once that doesn't match other popular sizes.

Anybody successfully do the bearing swap with a more standard MTB bearing drift kit? I'd like to purchase the wheels MFG one as it would hopefully last for many bikes and uses. Based off my research it doesn't seem like the wheels MFG drift kit can press the DR 1119 DELTA link bearings.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
my '17 following shows up thursday! 2.35 minions was plan for out back. still good clearance?

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
pbullard2017 wrote:
ThorneMTB wrote:

Thanks Smile
I can't compare on evil bikes, but my SuperDeluxe on the Nomad 4 is more supportive and plusher than any setting I tried on the X2 on my insurgent. I played with the X2 a lot but I think the superdeluxe is a better shock, even though it is limited on adjustments.

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I will probably play around with the stock SuperDeluxe when she's all built.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
pbullard2017 wrote:
ThorneMTB wrote:

Thanks Smile

I don''t want to write that i don't balieve in Your opinion but it souds very strange.
X2 has very good opinions and has big can which should work very good in very progressive frames as Evil are.

Maybe just Super Deluxe is so good.
have You tried any other shock ?

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
jergus wrote:
pbullard2017 wrote:
ThorneMTB wrote:

Thanks Smile

I don''t want to write that i don't balieve in Your opinion but it souds very strange.
X2 has very good opinions and has big can which should work very good in very progressive frames as Evil are.

Maybe just Super Deluxe is so good.
have You tried any other shock ?
Neither shock is bad, they both work very well, but I the super deluxe felt more natural on the nomad than the X2 did on the Insurgent. I could never get my X2 to feel as good as the superdeluxe/nomad combo out of the box with minimal tinkering. I also think the Super Deluxe feels more responsive and sensitive than the X2 even after getting setup help from very experienced riders. This is definitely my opinion, and someone who has ridden both shocks on the same bike would be more fit to give advice, but I thought I would add my 2c. So far I have ridden an X2, DHX RC4, Vivid air, Monarch DB, monarch non DB, Cane Creek DB Inline V1, Deluxe, Super deluxe, and a number of other shocks around the parking lot/skills area(DVO, Ohlins, DHX2).

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 10:32 Quote
Anybody want to trade my large Insurgent frame with a 11.6 coil, both 2017 and in pretty much new condition with full invisiframe on the evil for a large Calling frame?

I have too much bike for the riding I do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015241
Mobile Version of Website