Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 9:00 Quote
The ifp in the reservoir can score the side walls and cause the shock to eat itself.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
DH-jonny-FR30 wrote:
I did a bit of research and it would appear that internally Rock Shox don’t apply loctite to a certain fitting inside the unit which can rattle loose and cause the system to fail, so a service apparently solves the issue! Cheers for the info folks the shock is away of for warranty, 4 rides in! Following is a sick bike tho!

The Rockshox on my Insurgent took a massive dump after 5 or 6 rides. Then it took 6 weeks for someone to realise it was in their workshop for warranty!!!!
Then to top it all the carrier that was delivering it back to me decided to leave it on my doorstep for some thieving scum to help themselves.
DHX2 is now on its way to me .

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
Awe man that sucks! I had a very similar experience with cane creek inline on a different bike 5 times that shock went back and forth on warranty! Unfortunately it seems my other option for a shock is a Fox dps as the following v1 isn’t compatible with a piggy back shock!

See how this goes once the monarch is back!

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 16:29 Quote
G'day fellas.
This is the first time posting on here.
Quick question to all the Evil Insurgent frame owners.

I'm about to buy a Insurgent frame and I'm keen to put a Avalanche Chubby or Woody shock in the frame.
I've ran his shocks before and there easily the best shocks out there.

Has anyone on here ever had a Avy shock in a Insurgent frame?
I've emailed Craig at Avy and he's unsure if one will fit and so are the fellas at Evil.

Cheers lads

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 22:54 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
G'day fellas.
This is the first time posting on here.
Quick question to all the Evil Insurgent frame owners.

I'm about to buy a Insurgent frame and I'm keen to put a Avalanche Chubby or Woody shock in the frame.
I've ran his shocks before and there easily the best shocks out there.

Has anyone on here ever had a Avy shock in a Insurgent frame?
I've emailed Craig at Avy and he's unsure if one will fit and so are the fellas at Evil.

Cheers lads

Chances of finding someone with an Avy shock on an Insurgent are slim to none. You might be better off with a fox, DVO, or Push 11/6 for coil shocks. These shocks fit for sure. They're also probably lighter, cheaper (except the 11/6), more adjustable, and more modern.

Not bashing the Avy shocks at all, I've owned several in the early 2000s. I enjoyed them thoroughly. But, to be honest, they're a bit outdated, might not fit, less adjustable, and in some cases heavier & pricier (except the 11/6).

If you can get your hands on the 11/6, you won't be disappointed. Myself and several others on this forum are running this exact setup.

Good luck either way, and welcome to the thread! Beer

Perfect opportunity to whore my bike...I love her, my TRUE Valentine!! Fab

photo
photo
Crazy Horse Trail
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:35 Quote
Cheers mate.
I'd give my left nut for a 11.6, but faark they are pricey!
I'll probably end up going a fox DHX2, or Van RC and let him to his wizardry on one of them.
Nice rig mate. Some pretty serious looking front forks on that thing!

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
Cheers mate.
I'd give my left nut for a 11.6, but faark they are pricey!
I'll probably end up going a fox DHX2, or Van RC and let him to his wizardry on one of them.
Nice rig mate. Some pretty serious looking front forks on that thing!

I second the 11.6 recommendation. It's a better all round shock (up & down) when it's in "pedal" setting than my Monarch was. That's leaving aside the awesomeness of the DH setting!

Friend with a Nomad went for the db coil, bit cheaper, bit lighter and apparently almost as good.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 16:34 Quote
Got a new Insurgent frame in large on its way and am trying to find out what dropper post to go with. Im a shade over 6ft have a 32in inside leg and 170mm cranks and was thinking of the 150mm drop fox transfer and post. Any advice ??

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 16:52 Quote
Sp1der wrote:
Got a new Insurgent frame in large on its way and am trying to find out what dropper post to go with. Im a shade over 6ft have a 32in inside leg and 170mm cranks and was thinking of the 150mm drop fox transfer and post. Any advice ??
The fox transfer is always a good, a crank bros highline is also an awesome choice. Both are reliable but the crank bros comes with a 3 year warranty so if you ride lots it maybe worth considering.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 17:41 Quote
Sp1der wrote:
I would try and go for a 170 drop. I know e13 should be coming out with their 170 trs+ dropper here soon and if you can afford it 9.8 make a 170mm dropper as well. I have just under a 36in inside leg (just over 6ft2in tall) 170mm cranks and a 170mm dropper on my size large wreckoning and I find it's quite a bit too short for me. Call me crazy but I don't think that extra 20mm would be a bad thing for you.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 18:29 Quote
I just picked up my insurgent and I’m wondering how much climbing is affected by slamming the bike in x-low, I live on Vancouver Island and tend to spend most of my time on steep rocky trails so the x-low appeals to me in that sense I just don’t want to struggle on the climbs.

Matt

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 22:28 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
Sp1der wrote:
I would try and go for a 170 drop. I know e13 should be coming out with their 170 trs+ dropper here soon and if you can afford it 9.8 make a 170mm dropper as well. I have just under a 36in inside leg (just over 6ft2in tall) 170mm cranks and a 170mm dropper on my size large wreckoning and I find it's quite a bit too short for me. Call me crazy but I don't think that extra 20mm would be a bad thing for you.

Just out of curiosity how much of the post can you fit down into the seat tube ?

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 23:23 Quote
Sp1der wrote:
schuster19 wrote:
Sp1der wrote:

Just out of curiosity how much of the post can you fit down into the seat tube ?

I have identical measurements to you and I just bottomed out a giant 150mm dropper in my large insurgent and if I put anything longer in there I’d likely have trouble pedaling

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 1:11 Quote
150 it is so, with a low profile saddle I guess.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 3:30 Quote
mangler wrote:
I just picked up my insurgent and I’m wondering how much climbing is affected by slamming the bike in x-low, I live on Vancouver Island and tend to spend most of my time on steep rocky trails so the x-low appeals to me in that sense I just don’t want to struggle on the climbs.

Matt

I've just put my Insurgent into x-low and went out yesterday - I did notice how much harder it was on steeper climbs - on non tech climbs I noticed some back pain which I don't usually get.. The tech climbs it was just harder to keep the front wheel weight down. Going to give it a few more rides and see how it goes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.135641
Mobile Version of Website