extreammtber wrote:
Finally got my Wreckoning!

photo

photo

Beautiful bike! Congrats mate.

Posted: May 13, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
cmkneeland wrote:
xan-x wrote:
For the guys who are running the SKS anywhere mount on their Insurgents, how big are the bottles you guys are carrying ? I'm using a M size frame and i can't seem to fit anything more than a 500ml bottle.

Please give me some advice.

I'm running a large frame and can only fit a 22oz bottle.

Ah Dang it. Looks like i'll just have to live with 500ml

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 0:00 Quote
Planning to get an Evil Undead, any of you know how does it ride? is it prone to breaking? i'm a 120lb 5'7 and planning to get a medium.

thanks

O+
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 2:13 Quote
weaver84 wrote:
norfiril wrote:
jrocksdh wrote:

Any details about the new wreck?

The information I have is:

- The frame remains the same but 200 grams lighter
- New color similar to the Insurgent but more green
- A increase of 200€ in its price and a drop about 300 in the current model

But that's something I heard, I don't work with them or anything similar hahaha

I'm more prone now to take the black version but I'm afraid it scratch easier (that's my experience with mate black frames) and marks being more noticeable
Looks like they have adjusted prices (across the board) on the website, but I don’t see any additional frame options...
I believe the old price was $2900 and it looks like they have increased it to $3100.

Just to be totally clear as I'm close to buying a Wrecker, do we know for sure that there has been a recent frame re-fresh and there shouldn't be a new Wreckoning due anytime soon?

O+
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 10:32 Quote
Anyone know if we will be getting a coil shock for the Following MB anytime soon?

O+
Posted: May 14, 2018 at 10:48 Quote
I just picked up my new Wreckoning and I'm looking for peoples opinions on what setting to run the flipchip in.

Thanks

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
jimweightman wrote:
I just picked up my new Wreckoning and I'm looking for peoples opinions on what setting to run the flipchip in.

X-low is sweet as long as there isn't any technical climbing in your area. Or just focus on avoiding pedal strikes

Thanks

Posted: May 14, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
jimweightman wrote:

Thanks

X-low is sweet as long as there isn't any technical climbing in your area. Or just focus on avoiding pedal strikes

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:43 Quote
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Following but I need some advice. Im not sure if the following is best suited for the type of riding that I do the most. I do a lot of trail riding, leaning maybe on the xc side of "trail", but I still need a capable descender. Does the Following climb well enough?

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:59 Quote
evanwein777 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting the Following but I need some advice. Im not sure if the following is best suited for the type of riding that I do the most. I do a lot of trail riding, leaning maybe on the xc side of "trail", but I still need a capable descender. Does the Following climb well enough?

I've owned a following, calling, and insurgent. I rode my following on everything from flat XC rides around central Florida, to moderate sized drops, to Pisgah downhill runs. It excelled at the first two and managed on the downhill. Only reason I swapped was I wanted something more focused to downhill. With that being said, even my Insurgent is efficient enough at 150mm front that I am comfortable on it for a long XC ride (which ive done numerous times while hardtail was being built or having fork issues).

For someone doing mostly trail and XC with some down stuff mixed in I think it would be a great choice with the right build.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 2:16 Quote
I ride a V1 following, I have just came of a Transition Patrol to it. I ride everything on it from xc laps, to downhill shuttles to enduro.

The bike climbs really very well and can be built up to be burly, I’m running 140mm pokes and dual ply tyres and I still find the bike accelerates up any climb I can find. I would say it is the best climbing bike I have owned and I have never felt like I was being held back by the 120mm of rear travel.

The ride of the bike is very energetic even with big tyres, it loves to both accelerate and hold speed which I would put down to the delta link it makes the rear suspension feel bottomless for 120mm. The bike is very poppy and brilliant fun on flow trails.

I will probably move up to a following MB when the time comes, absolutely my following and haven’t had a bike as fun in ages! Hope this helps

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
Planning to get an Evil Undead, any of you know how does it ride? is it prone to breaking? i'm a 120lb 5'7 and planning to get a medium.

thanks

I would suggest you to write on the Undead thread https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=143371
By the way, I have one and still love it, it rides superbly, never broke anything, way better than a lot of more "modern" bikes

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
Bubiz wrote:

thanks

I would suggest you to write on the Undead thread https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=143371
By the way, I have one and still love it, it rides superbly, never broke anything, way better than a lot of more "modern" bikes
thank you

O+
Posted: May 16, 2018 at 9:51 Quote

thanks

I've had my Undead since 2014 and its been the best DH bike I've ever owned. I'm about 200lbs and ride the bike hard with never a issue so far. BUT and this is a big BUT, you can not get parts for the bike directly from Evil anymore. So you will have to search for bearings from sources like www.realworldcycling.com Another problem is the derailleur hanger. I picked up a few for spares from evil before they stopped making them and luckily I've never broken one. I'm not sure where to buy the hangers from, but I bet there are sources out there that make aftermarket hangers. Also beware of the what year the Undead is, I would stick to anything manufactured around 2013/2014/2015 because the rear swingarm was manufactured without the metal insert which cause a bit of cracking around the mount, which was totally cosmetic anyways and nothing to worry about just a paint issue, but 2013/2014/2015 undead did not have this issue.

Here are a few images and videos of my undead:
2015 Evil Undead - Purchased from downcycles.com

Fredro in my view
  Fredro in my view

Blue Mtn PA
  Blue Mtn PA

Views: 269    Faves: 1    Comments: 9

Views: 252    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
Good memories there! ^^^^

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020560
Mobile Version of Website