Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
falkyn wrote:
Hey guys! I'm looking at a new trail bike and the calling keeps getting brought up! It looks super fun and I seem to find a bunch of great reviews! My question is, as a downhill rider primarily, is this a point and shoot stick to the ground type of bike? I want something that will soak up bumps and keep it planted! Good choice or any other suggestions?

Then your going to want at least 150 travel bike and a coil(push).

Is the calling, or just evil bikes in general, on the poppy side of things normally?

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
falkyn wrote:
Hey guys! I'm looking at a new trail bike and the calling keeps getting brought up! It looks super fun and I seem to find a bunch of great reviews! My question is, as a downhill rider primarily, is this a point and shoot stick to the ground type of bike? I want something that will soak up bumps and keep it planted! Good choice or any other suggestions?

Thats a gross generalization.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
jrocksdh wrote:
falkyn wrote:

Thats a gross generalization.

Thoughts on the calling??

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 20:09 Quote
Calling is very capable, and an excellent climber compared to the insurgent. Insurgent better at double black trails, steep and chunky stuff, but up to that point the calling is an impressive bike.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 23:14 Quote
y9pema wrote:
Calling is very capable, and an excellent climber compared to the insurgent. Insurgent better at double black trails, steep and chunky stuff, but up to that point the calling is an impressive bike.

i definitely would not be running it as my full time park bike at northstar... I'm truly looking for a trail bike that is just more planted. I want a ride that can smooth out small stuff and keep traction.

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 5:52 Quote
falkyn wrote:
y9pema wrote:

i definitely would not be running it as my full time park bike at northstar... I'm truly looking for a trail bike that is just more planted. I want a ride that can smooth out small stuff and keep traction.

I think you'd be very happy on a calling, if you can demo one that is always best, but I bought both my evils without demoing them.

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
xan-x wrote:
krazewerks wrote:
photo

upgrade complete, with the boxer reduced to 180mm

Wootz I think you are the first guy in SG to do the conversion. Did you send a Pic to Ian & Syl?
Yeah, they know of my nonsense haha

Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 12:53 Quote
Anyone have any experience with the calling and the DPX2? Its the same price as the super deluxe..any differences?

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 16:50 Quote
Falkyn, I've owned a calling for a little over a year. I would say it has a more planted/stable feeling in the x-low position. I mostly ride mine in the low position for general trail riding, better position for climbing and less pedal strikes and still rips corners just fine. This is definitely a bike that likes to bob and weave through stuff as opposed to plowing but can certainly handle a lot more than the travel indicates. A lot of people running a 150mm fork too if your terrain is on the gnarly side. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 8:36 Quote
My newest baby. I'll buy a 11.6 soon enough, as well, to make it better for downhill days. Great bike.
photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
photo

I answered The Call...#bleedblackdieevil

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 22:20 Quote
falkyn wrote:
y9pema wrote:

I see youre in south lake, i think you'd be happier on something a little bigger than the calling. Sure, it's a capable trail bike, but trails like armstrong pass and hole in the ground, TRT stuff, etc, you'd be happier on an insurgent (or the new Offering)

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 7:15 Quote
sosburn wrote:
falkyn wrote:
y9pema wrote:

I see youre in south lake, i think you'd be happier on something a little bigger than the calling. Sure, it's a capable trail bike, but trails like armstrong pass and hole in the ground, TRT stuff, etc, you'd be happier on an insurgent (or the new Offering)

Put a 29" wheel on front

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
Been dialing in my new Insurgent, or trying to at least. Could use some help on setting up rear suspension. I opted for the DPX2 rear shock.

I'm about 145 pounds. When I put in the correct air pressure for 30% sag, I blow through most of the travel just by bouncing around in place. I ended up setting it to about 20% (ish) sag and got it to where I wasn't blowing through travel in the driveway. After some time on the trail and some smaller jumps, however, I found myself using 100% of travel when I feel I shouldn't be.

I'm hesitant to put any more air in it because I want to keep the plushness of the rear that Evil is known for. Do you think I should add in volume reducers and go from there?

Pic of bike, by the way. It's sexy:

photo

A word of warning though, the Yogurt Truck paint, while good looking, is not good quality for a bike. It has a chalky texture with zero clear coat on it (not even a matte coat). Any grease or dirt rubs in and smudges, needing goo-gone or something like it to remove. I put invisiframe on the whole bike, but where there are gaps in the panels you can already see the color difference.

Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
so paint literally applied on like yogurt

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017314
Mobile Version of Website