Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:35 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
I purchased mine w/ a dpx2, rode it for about 4-5 rides on trail and bike park and never really felt comfortable with it. Almost immediately went w/ a DHX2, bike rides absolutely incredible w/ it. Not sure that really helps you but just sharing my experience.

Interesting. I'm not exactly flush with cash after purchasing this bike and other life expenses, so I'm going to spend some time trying to dial in the DPX2.

It looks like a lot of people like a coil shock on this bike though. What differences have you felt with the coil vs air?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 22:15 Quote
ozarksagd wrote:
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
I purchased mine w/ a dpx2, rode it for about 4-5 rides on trail and bike park and never really felt comfortable with it. Almost immediately went w/ a DHX2, bike rides absolutely incredible w/ it. Not sure that really helps you but just sharing my experience.

Interesting. I'm not exactly flush with cash after purchasing this bike and other life expenses, so I'm going to spend some time trying to dial in the DPX2.

It looks like a lot of people like a coil shock on this bike though. What differences have you felt with the coil vs air?

Max it out with volume spacers and then if your still blowing through travel with them explore other options. If not lower pressure until you like it and if you can’t get it quite right try pulling a volume spacer.

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 14:35 Quote
Same as the calling pain then? That was a PITA as well.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
Glad to be a new member of the club.
Love the wreckoning
Game changer.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 9:37 Quote
Anyone having issues with their rear shocks blowing out? Sideloading in specific. I have blown three float x2s and three dhx2 now. Called evil and they had pretty much nothing to say except that sucks.

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 18:26 Quote
BrantHavro wrote:
Anyone having issues with their rear shocks blowing out? Sideloading in specific. I have blown three float x2s and three dhx2 now. Called evil and they had pretty much nothing to say except that sucks.
try another shock brand and see if it also blows up

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:33 Quote
BrantHavro wrote:

Yup. My X2 blew (lost all rebound) after just a few days on it. I talked with a handful of shops about it and they mentioned a-lot of X2s were blowing (more so for heavier riders, 190lbs+), so much so that they were out of rebuild kits. I sent the shock back to Fox, they serviced it under warranty. So far so good, but time will only tell if they got their sh!t sorted.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
BrantHavro wrote:

Yup. My X2 blew (lost all rebound) after just a few days on it. I talked with a handful of shops about it and they mentioned a-lot of X2s were blowing (more so for heavier riders, 190lbs+), so much so that they were out of rebuild kits. I sent the shock back to Fox, they serviced it under warranty. So far so good, but time will only tell if they got their sh!t sorted.

wouldnt that be a frame problem? sideloading indicates that something with the linkage isnt working the way its supposed to, and theres side to side movement

Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 7:14 Quote
sosburn wrote:
funkyfunpuff wrote:
BrantHavro wrote:

wouldnt that be a frame problem? sideloading indicates that something with the linkage isnt working the way its supposed to, and theres side to side movement

If I remember correctly on my Insurgent there is a top hat shape spacer In the lower shock bolt assembly.
It looked like it slightly offsets the shock

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 7:17 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
BrantHavro wrote:

Interesting. The crazy thing is every single time my shocks have been rebuilt, its been by Fox too. Still continues to happen.

Posted: Oct 12, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
Hey guys, quick question for Wreckoning owners. Have any of you guys had the chance to try out a Sentinel, and what were ypur thoughts? I'm not sure if its with me being injured and not getting bike time thats making me want to give it a go, or if its the bigger reach on the XL frame thats appealing to me. I love my Wreckoning but the Sentinel is an itch that im getting the urge to scratch.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 3:27 Quote
Sean140 wrote:
Hey guys, quick question for Wreckoning owners. Have any of you guys had the chance to try out a Sentinel, and what were ypur thoughts? I'm not sure if its with me being injured and not getting bike time thats making me want to give it a go, or if its the bigger reach on the XL frame thats appealing to me. I love my Wreckoning but the Sentinel is an itch that im getting the urge to scratch.

I ride a 16 Patrol and i want to try an Insurgent or a Calling. It seems we are never satisfied.
Anyway...
This guy rides an Evil like yours and he gives a couple of thoughts comparing it with these new Patrol/ Sentinel sbg.

https://youtu.be/3nK3XjdXhAQ

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 9:16 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Sean140 wrote:

I ride a 16 Patrol and i want to try an Insurgent or a Calling. It seems we are never satisfied.
Anyway...
This guy rides an Evil like yours and he gives a couple of thoughts comparing it with these new Patrol/ Sentinel sbg.

https://youtu.be/3nK3XjdXhAQ

This is a good review too: Scout vs Calling if you're interested in mid-travel whips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9GHy_Wbm0

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
Thx dude, another Evil win after the 29ers shoot out between the enduro / slash / Wreckoning

Even if you see these reviews with a grain of salt, i want to try an Evil bike, just to check the hype for myself.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 17:39 Quote
oh for sure man! Reviews are so subjective. You just gotta get on one. I LOVE my Calling. That delta suspension is really something special. My trails are rooty, rocky, loamy & flowy & so far, my evil hasn't even blinked. Its a trail bike thru and thru but it wants to be so much more I'm sensing Evil

Pyres wrote:
Thx dude, another Evil win after the 29ers shoot out between the enduro / slash / Wreckoning

Even if you see these reviews with a grain of salt, i want to try an Evil bike, just to check the hype for myself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017460
Mobile Version of Website