Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
D8mok wrote:
Yeh that was kinda my thoughts too. I’d be further down the gears if using full travel. Anyone else want to pass comment?

Just to clarify the top picture is bottomed out and second pic is normal.

Looks similar to mine. As long as there's some derailleur movement left when you're at full bottom out (i.e. the chain and derailleur aren't stopping full travel), you should be fine.

Just don't go Gas to Flat in granny! #rulestoliveby

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 10:37 Quote
Yes there’s still a bit left in the mech. I haven’t needed a lower gear really for all these years but the oneup get does give a nicer range and that bailout gear for the super steep stuff if needed.

I’m old Skool and rear mechs never looked like this back in the 90’s at lowest gear.

My eagle on my winter bike looks like it’s screaming in the 50T but I guess it’s just the way it is now.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
Hey guys/girls,
After regretting selling my v1 following and currently on an ibis mojo hd3, I’m thinking of moving to a following mb!
Is this still the leading all rounder in this category compared to the more modern geo bikes like the giant trance advanced 29 or the top spec carbon GT sensor?
A lot of my rides consist of long loose/rocky steep climbs upwards of 2500ft and I noticed evil hasn’t altered the seat tube angle on the mb!
Or are the slightly longer travel bikes like the new yeti sb130 equally as good on the climbs as well as the descents?
Cheers

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
Take a look at the new Offering....might be better for you for where you ride.

Yamahar1vortx wrote:
Hey guys/girls,
After regretting selling my v1 following and currently on an ibis mojo hd3, I’m thinking of moving to a following mb!
Is this still the leading all rounder in this category compared to the more modern geo bikes like the giant trance advanced 29 or the top spec carbon GT sensor?
A lot of my rides consist of long loose/rocky steep climbs upwards of 2500ft and I noticed evil hasn’t altered the seat tube angle on the mb!
Or are the slightly longer travel bikes like the new yeti sb130 equally as good on the climbs as well as the descents?
Cheers

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
I thought about that but prices are still too high new and there are no used ones on sale.
I’ve seen a couple of mb framesets for sale at good prices (currently a medium on here at £1500)
And a few gx eagle spec bikes at around. £3500 which is about my limit.
Same applies with the sb130 though as the base spec new build is £5k which is over my budget

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
No selling in the forums

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
Whoops, my fault! Reading the rules would have been a good idea

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
I’m after some advice on potential purchases. Any sales have been and will be in the FS section. Cheers

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 23:45 Quote
Nice! Wish Evil would do something in this area. A Hardcore 29er HT would be very nice

dhmtbr777 wrote:

my boys.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 16:15 Quote
Yamahar1vortx wrote:
Hey guys/girls,
Cheers

New yt jeffsey...not all models in stock but there's more than likely one at ur budget

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
jrocksdh wrote:
Yamahar1vortx wrote:
Hey guys/girls,
Cheers

New yt jeffsey...not all models in stock but there's more than likely one at ur budget

No.
The Offering is probably more up your alley depending on your riding style.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
Thanks guys.
I definitely can’t afford a new offering at the moment and I’m not good at all on the descents,so wouldn’t make the most of a more gravity focussed bike as I dont push too hard going down as I’ve had 3x ACL tears in my left knee and can’t risk a high speed accident!
For reference a lot of our rides can be over an hour of climbing and XC to get to a 10minute descent. And while all my pals are much faster on the descents - I could get up and down on the following before they they got to top on there bigger rigs.
I did try a wreckoning for a while to help me with the descents,but it was too much bike for me and my following was miles faster everywhere apart from in the steepest rock gardens.and much more fun to ride

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
I just got an Insurgent, original not LB or what ever the new one is. Few questions: if your running a float X2 how do you set it up? Volume spacers, any recommendations that fall out of Fox's standard set up guild? Also how many of you are running the Insurgent with a dual crown fork? Was thinking of getting something that can be reduced to 160-170 mm of travel. I don't want to screw the geometry up for climbing too much but have always loved the feel of a dual crown.
Thanks
Jake

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022556
Mobile Version of Website