Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
rossco9 wrote:
Anybody try putting a 216x63 shock in the Insurgent?

What for??? the insurgent uses a 200x57 shock... even if it fitted it would rise your BB like crazy and steepen your head angle.

Like guy said up... it would end VERY badly

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
I recently bought an Evil calling size medium. I’m mainly using the bike for hardcore downhill riding. I bought a FOX 36 Float 27.5 180mm Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork. After ordering the fork I noticed that almost everyone uses around a 140-160mm fork. My question is can I and should I use the 180mm fork or should I trade it for a smaller travel fork? Thanks!

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
Tombrannan wrote:
I recently bought an Evil calling size medium. I’m mainly using the bike for hardcore downhill riding. I bought a FOX 36 Float 27.5 180mm Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork. After ordering the fork I noticed that almost everyone uses around a 140-160mm fork. My question is can I and should I use the 180mm fork or should I trade it for a smaller travel fork? Thanks!

You can reduce the travel of this fork down to 150mm by 10mm increments with Fox 36 travel reducers.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Thank you very much for the quick response!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Tombrannan wrote:

180 is a massive amount of travel. I wouldnt even run that on my intense tracer. I would run 160 MAX. With a 180 fork you have a chance of breaking the headtube or cracking it which is hard on an evil but possible.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
I started with a 160mm fork on my Insurgent LB and after a few months swapped it for a 180mm fork and it's been great. I'm going to be sticking with the 180mm. Ride it and if you like it, stick with it. The fork isn't going to break your frame...

chriskneeland wrote:
Tombrannan wrote:

You can reduce the travel of this fork down to 150mm by 10mm increments with Fox 36 travel reducers.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
Hi everyone--I'm building up a size medium Evil Following and am planning on putting on a Fox 34 Factory 140mm fork. I've been scouring BuySell, but if I buy a take-off fork that already has the steerer cut, I want to make sure it will fit...anyone know the length of their steerer tubes offhand? Would a 6 3/4" steerer tube work? Thanks in advance!

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 0:53 Quote
firelantern wrote:
Hi everyone--I'm building up a size medium Evil Following and am planning on putting on a Fox 34 Factory 140mm fork. I've been scouring BuySell, but if I buy a take-off fork that already has the steerer cut, I want to make sure it will fit...anyone know the length of their steerer tubes offhand? Would a 6 3/4" steerer tube work? Thanks in advance!

Check on evil website it will tell you the head tube lengths

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
firelantern wrote:

Yeah, I've done that, it's 4.33". Think with roughly 2.5" that'll be enough for the headset and a spacer or two?

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
firelantern wrote:
wellbastardfast wrote:
firelantern wrote:

Yeah, I've done that, it's 4.33". Think with roughly 2.5" that'll be enough for the headset and a spacer or two?

If not, and you have to slam the stem, you can always get a higher rise bar.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
If it helps you in any way I’ve got a medium insurgent that came new with a fork trimmed down to 170mm of steerer. This allowed one 5mm spacer and room for the headset/stem etc. Maybe worth checking if headtubes are same length between bikes.

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
My new Evil Calling:

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
Was trying to sell my wrecking to build a new bike. Then I rode and megatower and an sb150. The Wreckoning is so much more fun and a better climber it’s not even close! Ive fallen back in love for another summer.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
Purpledragonslayer wrote:
Was trying to sell my wrecking to build a new bike. Then I rode and megatower and an sb150. The Wreckoning is so much more fun and a better climber it’s not even close! Ive fallen back in love for another summer.

Nice! Yeah the Wrecker is surprisingly a comfortable climber for how much of a tank it is. I find myself from time to time fantasizing about "downsizing" for a more suitable all arounder. But then I go for a rip and can't complain about a thing. I just tell myself "the heavy bike makes me stronger"

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Purpledragonslayer wrote:

Cool! And in all this, you saved some money which can used for upgrades, a nice bike trip, or anything else you want.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025245
Mobile Version of Website