Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
Any rumours on evil updating the wreckoning. Longer reach steeper seat tube etc etc

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
Hi everyone ! I had a Santa Cruz nomad cc 2015 and YT Capra pro race 2018. And now I looking for the Evil insurgent 2019... so what do you think about it? What do you think to Evil ? What do you think to the Geo? The YT have 180 mm
I’m rear and the insurgent only 150mm

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
alecfhon wrote:
Hi everyone ! I had a Santa Cruz nomad cc 2015 and YT Capra pro race 2018. And now I looking for the Evil insurgent 2019... so what do you think about it? What do you think to Evil ? What do you think to the Geo? The YT have 180 mm

The Insurgent isn't a super-enduro bike if that's what you're asking. It's more of a super-all mountain bike. The suspension feels deep and it tracks superbly. But it doesn't have the chassis stiffness as the Nomad or Capra.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

The Insurgent isn't a super-enduro bike if that's what you're asking. It's more of a super-all mountain bike. The suspension feels deep and it tracks superbly. But it doesn't have the chassis stiffness as the Nomad or Capra.

Hey Chris ! In my country have much rocks and mountain is Peru so what I need ?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
alecfhon wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

Hey Chris ! In my country have much rocks and mountain is Peru so what I need ?

Depends on what you like. The insurgent is a great bike. It's snappy and compliant. Just different than the two others you mentioned.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
alecfhon wrote:

I went from a Capra to a Insurgent and for me the reduced travel is not noticeable, in fact, the insurgent seems to have more! It sits and rides deeper in the travel and the rear wheel tracks much better in almost all terrains. I rode my Insurgent in Whistler for two weeks and it handled everything awesome; from A Line laps to day long rides in Squamish. I went through a set of rear pads and that's the only thing I did to my bike (other than lube and check) the whole time. It does have a push 11.6 on, which probably helps...

But it's all personal do see if you can find one in the wild and convince the owner to give you a ride!

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
alecfhon wrote:

Don’t do it mate, the Capra & Nomad are much superior bikes.
I had a Insurgent & it only lasted 2 months before snapping the swingarm. The worst build quality I’ve seen on any frame. Santacruz & YT are the total opposite, they are quality & perform a lot better than Evil. Don’t believe the hype, you will be disappointed in the long run...especially when you need to deal with them for warranty...and you will.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

I had a Insurgent & it only lasted 2 months before snapping the swingarm. The worst build quality I’ve seen on any frame. Santacruz & YT are the total opposite, they are quality & perform a lot better than Evil. Don’t believe the hype, you will be disappointed in the long run...especially when you need to deal with them for warranty...and you will.

Why be on this forum and hate on evil. I have had 2 and never had a drama.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

That's weird, my 2014 undead is the stiffest and fastest bike i have ever ridden.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 6:36 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

Really? Santa Cruz and YT es better ?

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
cavanagh-88 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

santa cruz is solid but i have heard nothing but bad things about YT.
on the other hand, everyone i know who rides an evil (and there are quite a few) couldnt be happier with them.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
Evil currently has great customer service. Dylan Bibbins is very accessible a d great about making things happen

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Mntneer wrote:
Evil currently has great customer service. Dylan Bibbins is very accessible a d great about making things happen

I think seeing Santa Cruz all over the trails and world is a solid selling point. They put out great bikes with solid builds at approachable costs. However, seeing them everywhere, I just can't get myself to ever own one. Personal issue haha

Dylan at Evil and a couple other people I have spoken with were extremely helpful and accommodating. Excellent and speedy customer service. Almost as awesome as the bikes they're selling! I'm on a Wreckoning and their is no looking back. It's my all day all mountain monster truck

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
cavanagh-88 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

Why be on this forum and hate on evil. I have had 2 and never had a drama.

I joined the forum last year when I built my Insurgent.
I came on pink bike for the first time in awhile and noticed the notifications.
I liked the way my Insurgent rode (except the wack seat post angle).
I just got stitched up by them after saving for months for a frame (over $3000) only to have it fail in less than 2 months, and weaseled there way out of warranty and left me without a bike.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Mntneer wrote:

I think seeing Santa Cruz all over the trails and world is a solid selling point. They put out great bikes with solid builds at approachable costs. However, seeing them everywhere, I just can't get myself to ever own one. Personal issue haha

Dylan at Evil and a couple other people I have spoken with were extremely helpful and accommodating. Excellent and speedy customer service. Almost as awesome as the bikes they're selling! I'm on a Wreckoning and their is no looking back. It's my all day all mountain monster truck

I felt the same way but wait until you have a frame warranty issue. They always claim it’s crash related or something else and give you a great crash replacement price instead of warranty it, only 1700 for a new frame! Everyone should just by second hand because you get the same warranty either way... Nothing
However they have always been great at little things like small parts or questions

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012531
Mobile Version of Website