Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
my size is 5.6 and evil says Im small what do you think ? is the only brand says small in the others brans I medium

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
alecfhon wrote:
my size is 5.6 and evil says Im small what do you think ? is the only brand says small in the others brans I medium

I'm 5'6" and I'm on a small Insurgent LB. Definitely glad I went that direction. I was on a medium (equivalent) '14 Trek Slash 7 and the Insurgent feels so much better. Much more playful and a better feel all around.

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
Boug211 wrote:
alecfhon wrote:

I'm 5'6" and I'm on a small Insurgent LB. Definitely glad I went that direction. I was on a medium (equivalent) '14 Trek Slash 7 and the Insurgent feels so much better. Much more playful and a better feel all around.

thanks!!!!!

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
Sovereign ain't dead!
I've been riding it for more than 6 years now, still stoked with it.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
Barkit wrote:
Sovereign ain't dead!
I've been riding it for more than 6 years now, still stoked with it.

That patina'd headtube badge is a thing of beauty. The bike looks sick!

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
Hey there new to this forum but I’m looking into a new evil as a more versed all rounder to my patrol. I demo’d the insurgent and loved how snappy it was and how well it cornered which I feel is a trademark of evils. But I’m interested in the offering as i want to try a 29er. Anyone ridden a plethora of evils and can tell me how the offering and insurgent compare on the burliness scale? I race 1 national enduro a year in town and maybe a dozen or so days in the bike park which includes the bigger jump lines and gnarlier tech trails. Really what I wana know is how much of a trashing an offering can take in comparison to what I know an insurgent can take. I think it seems pretty solid for 90% of my local stuff but I don’t know if the frame itself could handle an average pilot taking it into above average terrain.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Hey there new to this forum but I’m looking into a new evil as a more versed all rounder to my patrol. I demo’d the insurgent and loved how snappy it was and how well it cornered which I feel is a trademark of evils. But I’m interested in the offering as i want to try a 29er. Anyone ridden a plethora of evils and can tell me how the offering and insurgent compare on the burliness scale? I race 1 national enduro a year in town and maybe a dozen or so days in the bike park which includes the bigger jump lines and gnarlier tech trails. Really what I wana know is how much of a trashing an offering can take in comparison to what I know an insurgent can take. I think it seems pretty solid for 90% of my local stuff but I don’t know if the frame itself could handle an average pilot taking it into above average terrain.

Cheers
Unfortunately I haven't ridden the insurgent anymore than around a parking lot but I have spent quite a bit of time on a wreckoning and the offering. From what I can tell the wreckoning and the insurgent are fairly similar bikes in regards to suspension feel but the wreckoning lacks in that playful snappy feel. The offering seems to take up that slack from the wreckoning but it does come at a cost. I found the offering to be surprisingly harsh off of small bumps. Granted I did not have the suspension set up exactly how I like it and the bike I rode was full decked out in carbon which I find to be too stiff for my weight and riding type. The offering was incredibly responsive and playful compared to my wreck but I just wanted a little more plushness out of the back end of that bike. It really did get bounced around more than I expected. On the note of the updated geometry this was a MASSIVE improvement for climbing than the previous generations of evil. The seat tube angle and longer reach really did make the bike feel much more comfortable climbing. If it were up to me I would much rather go with the offering just because of the climbing characteristics. Especially in a 5k+ vert in a day setting for an Enduro the energy you'll save on the climbs will make up for the lack of plush on the downs. Hope that helps but your opinion could be miles differnt than mine. If you can ride the offering yourself go and do it.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:

Cheers
Unfortunately I haven't ridden the insurgent anymore than around a parking lot but I have spent quite a bit of time on a wreckoning and the offering. From what I can tell the wreckoning and the insurgent are fairly similar bikes in regards to suspension feel but the wreckoning lacks in that playful snappy feel. The offering seems to take up that slack from the wreckoning but it does come at a cost. I found the offering to be surprisingly harsh off of small bumps. Granted I did not have the suspension set up exactly how I like it and the bike I rode was full decked out in carbon which I find to be too stiff for my weight and riding type. The offering was incredibly responsive and playful compared to my wreck but I just wanted a little more plushness out of the back end of that bike. It really did get bounced around more than I expected. On the note of the updated geometry this was a MASSIVE improvement for climbing than the previous generations of evil. The seat tube angle and longer reach really did make the bike feel much more comfortable climbing. If it were up to me I would much rather go with the offering just because of the climbing characteristics. Especially in a 5k+ vert in a day setting for an Enduro the energy you'll save on the climbs will make up for the lack of plush on the downs. Hope that helps but your opinion could be miles differnt than mine. If you can ride the offering yourself go and do it.
I have ridden the insurgent and it was such a fun snappy/playful bike I loved it! I’m curious of 29ers that’s why I’m asking about the offering and I feel the wreckoning geo wise is a bit meh. Really I’m just concerned about the big hit performance of the offering as I like to ride bike park. I think I may pump the brakes a bit and wait till the new evils are all dropped.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
schuster19 wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:

Cheers
I have ridden the insurgent and it was such a fun snappy/playful bike I loved it! I’m curious of 29ers that’s why I’m asking about the offering and I feel the wreckoning geo wise is a bit meh. Really I’m just concerned about the big hit performance of the offering as I like to ride bike park. I think I may pump the brakes a bit and wait till the new evils are all dropped.

I have only ridden a Wreckoning and have owned mine for almost a year now. There are times where I feel ovebiked for sure. Mostly just on the climbs/more xc type trails. I definitely find myself going the extra miles for more black/double black trails to utilize the bike more. So with your bike choice, It depends on what type trails you're going to ride most. I ride a lot of park and the Wreckoning has comfortably handled any steep tech/rock gardens and jump lines. Most of the time I'm just holding on for dear life as it steamrolls through the chunk. As for the climbing situation, it's definitely more challenging and uses more energy, but I am completely okay with getting a bit more of an exercise before romping down the trail with comfort and confidence. My build also isn't exactly trying to be comfy for the climb with a 40mm stem, 800mm bars, and a Push on the back. Since my first season with the Wrecker, I have become pretty interested in the Following as that seems like a great everyday all arounder

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
Haven’t seen many yogurt truck insurgents on here. Thought I’d post mine. Just got her built up a few weeks ago and love it. Much more playful than my brothers wreckoning but descends so much nicer than the calling.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 20:49 Quote
I’m about to pull the trigger on an Offering, but stalling because I’m in-between sizes.

Currently, I ride a Large Ibis Mojo HD3 with a reach of approx 420mm (it’s slightly shorter than listed because it has a 170mm fork). I’m about 6’0” or 6’1” depending on the doctor’s office and would say I’m a bit below average in terms of upper body strength (insert gym trolling here).

As you all are likely well aware, I fit the high-end of the Medium and the low-end of the Large according to Evil’s sizing guide.

I ride in the Pacific Northwest, so my regular rides include a wide range of flowy, tight and technical trails with plenty of roots and rocks to boot.

My gut is to go against Evil’s guidance of a large and get a medium for improved maneuverability (see body strength comment).

Thoughts?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
mwolpin - definitely get the Large Offering at your height. I'm 6'3 and got the Large and it was too cramped when seated climbing so I had to get an XL. I ride in Southern Scotland so similar tight twisty rooty steep terrain.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
nelads wrote:
mwolpin - definitely get the Large Offering at your height. I'm 6'3 and got the Large and it was too cramped when seated climbing so I had to get an XL. I ride in Southern Scotland so similar tight twisty rooty steep terrain.
Thanks @nelads. What size stem were you running on the Large?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
skibbe wrote:
Haven’t seen many yogurt truck insurgents on here. Thought I’d post mine. Just got her built up a few weeks ago and love it. Much more playful than my brothers wreckoning but descends so much nicer than the calling.

Here is mine, has a DVO Diamond on the front and a Coil on the back now though.

Right before the DVO went on

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
skibbe wrote:

Here is mine, has a DVO Diamond on the front and a Coil on the back now though.

Right before the DVO went on

looks good man. Have you had any problems with keeping the paint clean?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031009
Mobile Version of Website