Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
AdamBartonUK wrote:
mwolpin wrote:
jamontero wrote:

I had the same problem in my Slime Insurgent... I instaled a pair of small washers between the two plates... and voila!!! no more rubbing!!

It’s not rubbing for me, but chain slap in bumpy stuff.

Sugru is the answer.....put some on the chain stay and the noise goes away. Picture of my Wreckoning

photo

F’ing brilliant! I’ll do that.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
mwolpin wrote:
AdamBartonUK wrote:
mwolpin wrote:

It’s not rubbing for me, but chain slap in bumpy stuff.

Sugru is the answer.....put some on the chain stay and the noise goes away. Picture of my Wreckoning

photo

F’ing brilliant! I’ll do that.

Can't say I came up with it. Bloke on the Evil Bikes FB Group suggested it and it bloody works!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
What's sugru

Moldable flue -> https://sugru.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ZaXj6qz4wIVCL3sCh0DfgigEAAYASAAEgJiRfD_BwE

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Anyone developed play in the dogbone links? I've got a tiny amount of play that I can feel when I pick up the rear of the bike using the saddle. Lifting it while holding each of the linkages in turn, it seems like it might be from the dogbone. Being from the antipodes, it will cost me around $120 to replace them - which is eye wateringly expensive for 4 pieces of forged (or cnc'd) metal.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
Anyone developed play in the dogbone links? I've got a tiny amount of play that I can feel when I pick up the rear of the bike using the saddle. Lifting it while holding each of the linkages in turn, it seems like it might be from the dogbone. Being from the antipodes, it will cost me around $120 to replace them - which is eye wateringly expensive for 4 pieces of forged (or cnc'd) metal.

My bottom shock bolt often comes loose on my Offering, and has this same effect. This would be an easier fix if this is the case.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 18:44 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

My bottom shock bolt often comes loose on my Offering, and has this same effect. This would be an easier fix if this is the case.

Shock bolts are also the culprit for me

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

Not that unfortunately. I've torqued everything to spec in the linkages and rear wheel and I still get the slight movement.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
kmag76 wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

Yeah that's quite a common thing

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
kmag76 wrote:
kit-nz wrote:

Not that unfortunately. I've torqued everything to spec in the linkages and rear wheel and I still get the slight movement.

Are you sure the play on your dogbones isn't just play on your bearings?

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 17:43 Quote
kit-nz wrote:

check your shock bushings, my insurgent used to eat em regularly, when they would wear out, the shock would move side to side and do this clunk sound, and eventually it would side load my shock and scratch the shit out of the shaft the IFP rides on. I was rebuilding/replacing shocks 2x a season. sold that pig and got a calling. the trunnion mount is the way to go on these evils. zero play, and much more supple feeling. Check your bushings and shock hardware for any signs of wear.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Has anyone found a way to give the chain some more clearance on the chain stay? Currently running eagle and a 32t ring on my ‘19 Insurgent and would like to run a 30t ring. Only issue is that in my hardest gear the chain is probably 3/4 mm away from the chain stay protector.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
philip92 wrote:
kit-nz wrote:
kmag76 wrote:

Are you sure the play on your dogbones isn't just play on your bearings?

Cheers. Stipped it down and I think you're right. Bearing swap time.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
calebwulfman wrote:
Has anyone found a way to give the chain some more clearance on the chain stay? Currently running eagle and a 32t ring on my ‘19 Insurgent and would like to run a 30t ring. Only issue is that in my hardest gear the chain is probably 3/4 mm away from the chain stay protector.

I was using a 32t with the E13 cassette, so a 9t in highest gear. It pretty much sat on the stay protector. I assumed it rubbed most of the time kept an eye out for damage - which didn't come. Never had an issue.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
calebwulfman wrote:

I was using a 32t with the E13 cassette, so a 9t in highest gear. It pretty much sat on the stay protector. I assumed it rubbed most of the time kept an eye out for damage - which didn't come. Never had an issue.

Might try to track down an idler pulley to reduce chain slap

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.137767
Mobile Version of Website