Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
I took a long flathead screwdriver and a hammer to my seat tube inner lower section and was able to get the post to insert almost another 2 inches. The carbon fiber I chiseled out seemed like it was just excess at the seams and not structural, in addition to the cable guide tube in there which stuck up way to high itself. I posted about it, along with photos, earlier in this thread. Almost half a year later now and no signs of damage.

austenselk wrote:
My one gripe with the Offering, is the short seatpost length. Had to make me rethink, rethink, and rethink what seatpost I could actually use to be effective. On a medium it only has 8.5 inches before the seatpost makes contact with the sleeve that the dropper routing goes through. Sadly a lot of seatposts with longer travel 160mm or more would just not work because the seatposts body cannot be run slammed into the frame.

I decided upon a OneUp V2 Dropper with 150mm travel. The body is 9.33 inches, so a little less than inch of the seatpost will be exposed (I enjoy having my saddle slammed and out of my way while descending.) Hoping I won't have to have too much more exposed post showing to make up for the 150mm travel to have my legs properly extended. Wanting to get rid of some of the back pain I've been experiencing the day after riding from having to adjust my standard post as from climbing, descending, and then climbing again, etc, the post is never in the same place and causes my back to have to compensate for the changes.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
Still looking at my cockpit setup on my Offering and debating on stem length. So check it!

25mm of spacers underneath stem
780mm wide 35mm clamp handlebars with 25mm rise

I had a 50mm length stem and it was a bit long, on Friday I bought a 35mm length stem and while climbing/ascending it felt good but descending it definitely felt small. Is it worth it in anyone's opinion to try a 40mm length stem and try that?

Rider: 5'8

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Still looking at my cockpit setup on my Offering and debating on stem length. So check it!

I had a 50mm length stem and it was a bit long, on Friday I bought a 35mm length stem and while climbing/ascending it felt good but descending it definitely felt small. Is it worth it in anyone's opinion to try a 40mm length stem and try that?

Assuming it’s a Medium, I don’t think 5mm is worth buying another stem. I think your should try adjusting your seat (move forward or back) or stack height should be the first few things you try. But if you have cash to burn, hell yeah buy that 40mm stem.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 4:15 Quote
mwolpin wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Assuming it’s a Medium, I don’t think 5mm is worth buying another stem. I think your should try adjusting your seat (move forward or back) or stack height should be the first few things you try. But if you have cash to burn, hell yeah buy that 40mm stem.

Stick with the 50mm. You're not going to feel the 5mm difference between the 35 and 40. I tried the same 3 sizes on my insurgent. The 35 and 40 both felt short. The 50 just got some time to get used to, but it was the better option.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
I'm thinking of selling my Calling and buying an EBike, don't judge me Evil crowd.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
mfmediocremtb wrote:
I'm thinking of selling my Calling and buying an EBike, don't judge me Evil crowd.

Too late.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
mfmediocremtb wrote:

At least keep the acoustic bike! The correct number of bikes is n+1, don't sell, just buy.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
mfmediocremtb wrote:

At least keep the acoustic bike! The correct number of bikes is n+1, don't sell, just buy.

you forgot the most important part of the formula. Where ' n ' is the number of bikes you currently own...

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
tpersons wrote:
kit-nz wrote:
mfmediocremtb wrote:

you forgot the most important part of the formula. Where ' n ' is the number of bikes you currently own...

Was never great at maths...

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
mfmediocremtb wrote:

haha the acoustic bike

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Have any of you spent time on an offering in the bike park? I currently have an insurgent MB and am thinking I am going to move to an offering at the end of the season. Any feedback?

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
Have any of you spent time on an offering in the bike park? I currently have an insurgent MB and am thinking I am going to move to an offering at the end of the season. Any feedback?

I think it depends on your style of riding. If you prefer the flow and jump trails, I think it could handle it. But if you prefer the technical trails with a lot of rocks (say like Northstar), a bit more travel may suit you.

I will say - and I said it elsewhere here - the short guard on the downtube is disappointing on the Offering. Something to be conscious of if you take it to the bike park.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:

Similar idea to having a bike with too much travel versus too small of travel. You can ride it all day in the bike park, you just cannot ride it as if it has 160mm or more or rear travel.

I am a one bike guy as I cannot justify building up and using a DH only a couple times a year. So I ride my one bike on anything and everything. It leaves me wanting on some days while on most it’s perfect. It is what it is, and I’m okay with that.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
[full spec on next page]

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
Upload a picture of this monster of yours

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007685
Mobile Version of Website