Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
2 questions.

Is 3mm enough clearance to still use all the internally routed cables and dropper cable on a 2017 Insurgent? I'm debating a OneUp dropper v2 and I'd have 3mm if I slam it to the collar. I need my dropper to go to the collar. Just wondering if 3mm will be enough room.

Also, has anyone put this specific decal on their evil?

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/frame-decal-kit-all-evil-bikes-printed-gloss-finish?utm_source=related-products&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=product-recommendations

I really like this look, just looking to see if anyone's done it.

thanks!

Not sure about your exact question, but I know on my (Large) 2017 Insurgent a V1 OneUp 170mm Dropper slams all the way down to the collar. A 210mm (v2) does not - sticks out about an inch. Hope that helps you.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 6:18 Quote
CascadesRider wrote:
...on my (Large) 2017 Insurgent a V1 OneUp 170mm Dropper slams all the way down to the collar. A 210mm (v2) does not - sticks out about an inch...
How tall are you? I'm 5'9" and want to run a Large Insurgent LB on 160mm long cranks--you think a 180mm dropper is long enough amount of rise (as I'll be slamming the post as low as it can get)--or should I go 210mm..? (on a oneup v2 dropper of course)

I like my saddle as low as possible when its dropped.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
CascadesRider wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
2 questions.

Is 3mm enough clearance to still use all the internally routed cables and dropper cable on a 2017 Insurgent? I'm debating a OneUp dropper v2 and I'd have 3mm if I slam it to the collar. I need my dropper to go to the collar. Just wondering if 3mm will be enough room.

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/frame-decal-kit-all-evil-bikes-printed-gloss-finish?utm_source=related-products&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=product-recommendations

thanks!

Not sure about your exact question, but I know on my (Large) 2017 Insurgent a V1 OneUp 170mm Dropper slams all the way down to the collar. A 210mm (v2) does not - sticks out about an inch. Hope that helps you.

Weird. I thought the v2 was smaller? Or do you mean you went from a 170mm to a 210mm? If so, it would make sense that it wouldn't go to the collar. It's 40mm bigger.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
EvoRidge wrote:
CascadesRider wrote:
...on my (Large) 2017 Insurgent a V1 OneUp 170mm Dropper slams all the way down to the collar. A 210mm (v2) does not - sticks out about an inch...
How tall are you? I'm 5'9" and want to run a Large Insurgent LB on 160mm long cranks--you think a 180mm dropper is long enough amount of rise (as I'll be slamming the post as low as it can get)--or should I go 210mm..? (on a oneup v2 dropper of course)

I like my saddle as low as possible when its dropped.

It really depends on your inseam, I am 6'1" with a 33-34" inseam. 170mm cranks. My 210mm is down as far as it goes, and is just the right height. I measured and it sticks out 1.75" above the collar. I wish it was lower, but I can run this no matter what I ride "as is" - I would always lower my 170 / 150 droppers on shuttle / bike park days, back up for trails. You might be best going with a 180mm dropper in my opinion.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
CascadesRider wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
2 questions.

thanks!

Weird. I thought the v2 was smaller? Or do you mean you went from a 170mm to a 210mm? If so, it would make sense that it wouldn't go to the collar. It's 40mm bigger.

V2 is smaller, I went from a V1 170mm to a V2 210mm.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 7:52 Quote
CascadesRider wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
CascadesRider wrote:

V2 is smaller, I went from a V1 170mm to a V2 210mm.

Good to know, thanks! I ordered the OneUp. It's coming this Saturday. Hopefully, it fits how I'd like it to.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
Has anyone tried out the new MRP progressive spring? Curious to see if it would work on my Insurgent.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Has anyone tried out the new MRP progressive spring? Curious to see if it would work on my Insurgent.
It's already a very progressive frame. Unless you are routinely bottoming out an appropriate chosen conventional spring there shouldn't be a need.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
Bought a OneUp V2 dropper and... first ride it will not go up all the way. Looked up sticking and its a problem for others. I'm thinking to just return it to Backcountry as defective because a dropper that doesn't extend through all its travel, isn't worth using in my opinion. Back to the drawing board of finding another dropper to use.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Bought a OneUp V2 dropper and... first ride it will not go up all the way. Looked up sticking and its a problem for others. I'm thinking to just return it to Backcountry as defective because a dropper that doesn't extend through all its travel, isn't worth using in my opinion. Back to the drawing board of finding another dropper to use.

I had same problem. Grease the bushing and pump up the air chamber to 250 or whatever it says. Worked fine after that.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
Lads i can get a cracking deal on a rockshox super deluxe coil but its a med/med tune. And evil recommeds low and low.

Spoke to a few people about it and its mixed reviews if it matters or not.

Thoughts or experiences please share

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
austenselk wrote:

Mine did the same thing once, but I had it jammed in as far down as it could go. Pulled it out about 1-2mm (very minor amount) and haven't had issues since (maybe 12 rides on the new one total).

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
CascadesRider wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Mine did the same thing once, but I had it jammed in as far down as it could go. Pulled it out about 1-2mm (very minor amount) and haven't had issues since (maybe 12 rides on the new one total).

Wish I could say that was the problem. Got mine a good 2 inches sticking out.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 20:59 Quote
Returning my OneUp dropper, didn't want to have to check it or lube it before every ride.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:57 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Returning my OneUp dropper, didn't want to have to check it or lube it before every ride.

Maybe a bit late here but are you sure the seat clamp wasn't too tight? My One Up V1 was very sensitive to it, too tight and I would only get about half the travel. Carbon paste helped a lot to stop it slipping.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009004
Mobile Version of Website