Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 6:12 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Returning my OneUp dropper, didn't want to have to check it or lube it before every ride.

Maybe a bit late here but are you sure the seat clamp wasn't too tight? My One Up V1 was very sensitive to it, too tight and I would only get about half the travel. Carbon paste helped a lot to stop it slipping.

My brother said the same thing. He over torqued his OneUp which prevented it from using all of its travel.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Returning my OneUp dropper, didn't want to have to check it or lube it before every ride.

Maybe a bit late here but are you sure the seat clamp wasn't too tight? My One Up V1 was very sensitive to it, too tight and I would only get about half the travel. Carbon paste helped a lot to stop it slipping.

My local shop did a few things and still I had sticking for the last 20-30mm of travel. It’s returned, so over and done with.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
austenselk wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:
austenselk wrote:

My local shop did a few things and still I had sticking for the last 20-30mm of travel. It’s returned, so over and done with.

get a PNW bachelor.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
austenselk wrote:

Get that revive

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Hi all, just got a new Insurgent LB and I'm building it up slowly but surely. I currently have a 170 mm 2018 rockshox lyric with Charger RC2 damper that I run on my specialized enduro that I ride pretty hard and it has done a great job for me. I also have a never used 160 mm 2019 rockshox pike with Debonair RCT3 damper. Has anyone compared the two on this bike? I really like having the extra travel and a tiny bit more slackness but if the same effect can be achieved with the smaller pike, then I guess I'll go with that one? Let me know your thoughts!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
hallj2 wrote:
Hi all, just got a new Insurgent LB and I'm building it up slowly but surely. I currently have a 170 mm 2018 rockshox lyric with Charger RC2 damper that I run on my specialized enduro that I ride pretty hard and it has done a great job for me. I also have a never used 160 mm 2019 rockshox pike with Debonair RCT3 damper. Has anyone compared the two on this bike? I really like having the extra travel and a tiny bit more slackness but if the same effect can be achieved with the smaller pike, then I guess I'll go with that one? Let me know your thoughts!

I’d stick with your Lyrik and ride with that first to see what you think. Otherwise if the 170mm is too much then just drop a new air shaft in it to 160mm or 150mm travel to achieve a better seattube angle, lower BB height, and smaller wheelbase.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
Hi all, new Evil Following owner (2019). Have been loving it over the 50 miles I have on it so far. Only issue is that I'm using ALL the suspension on a relatively mild ride. Rode 20 miles in western NC on firebreaks. No jumps, just some fast speeds on the way down (40 mph!!). I never felt it bottom out, but based on the rings, I used all the suspension, front and rear.

Can easily add the volume spacers in the front.

How difficult will it be to add spacers in the shock? Looks like I have to take quite a bit more apart than on other designs. Should I just take it to the LBS or are there some hacks that will make it a bit easier than it appears?

Thanks.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
Ra1der wrote:
Hi all, new Evil Following owner (2019). Have been loving it over the 50 miles I have on it so far. Only issue is that I'm using ALL the suspension on a relatively mild ride. Rode 20 miles in western NC on firebreaks. No jumps, just some fast speeds on the way down (40 mph!!). I never felt it bottom out, but based on the rings, I used all the suspension, front and rear.

How difficult will it be to add spacers in the shock? Looks like I have to take quite a bit more apart than on other designs. Should I just take it to the LBS or are there some hacks that will make it a bit easier than it appears?

Thanks.

1. take air out of shock.
2. consult shock manual.
3. open air can as per manual instructions
4. add volume spacer (1 at a time, dont add several at a time)
5. put shock back together and pump back up to sag pressure. ride a bit, tune to your liking.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Ra1der wrote:

Thanks.

2. consult shock manual.
5. put shock back together and pump back up to sag pressure. ride a bit, tune to your liking.

Right, I just don't know if the unique linkage on the Evil bikes complicates things a bit.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
Ra1der wrote:

I think there may be a bigger (but easier to fix) question / problem at play here.. there is no way, in no universe, that you should be using all the Followings travel (front & rear) on firebreaks (assuming this term is synonymous with 'fire roads'). Outright speed plays a small role in suspension travel - assuming these 'firebreaks' were relatively featureless.

I would be checking baseline air pressure front / rear (for your weight). That could be your problem right there.. hopefully a very simple fix without having to mess with volume spacers.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
Ra1der wrote:

I think there may be a bigger (but easier to fix) question / problem at play here.. there is no way, in no universe, that you should be using all the Followings travel (front & rear) on firebreaks (assuming this term is synonymous with 'fire roads'). Outright speed plays a small role in suspension travel - assuming these 'firebreaks' were relatively featureless.

I would be checking baseline air pressure front / rear (for your weight). That could be your problem right there.. hopefully a very simple fix without having to mess with volume spacers.

Thanks. I thought the same. I weight 245 and have about 270 psi rear and 140 front. Sag was at 30% front and rear. All I could figure is that the relatively rough fire roads were amplified by the speed. I can go up to 325 on the shock, so I should still have plenty of room.

Is it possible that the ring on the shock simply slid down? That wouldn't explain the fork, though.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 19:27 Quote
Ra1der wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Ra1der wrote:

Thanks.

2. consult shock manual.

Right, I just don't know if the unique linkage on the Evil bikes complicates things a bit.

Nah should be fine. But you should take shock out of frame to do this anyways.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 20:07 Quote
austenselk wrote:
hallj2 wrote:

I’d stick with your Lyrik and ride with that first to see what you think. Otherwise if the 170mm is too much then just drop a new air shaft in it to 160mm or 150mm travel to achieve a better seattube angle, lower BB height, and smaller wheelbase.

Good point, just didn't know if the newer pike rct3 damper would be better than an extra 10 mm of travel, thanks for the tip!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 21:06 Quote
[Quote="Ra1der"]
CDT77 wrote:
Ra1der wrote:
Hi all, new Evil Following o

Thanks. I thought the same. I weight 245 and have about 270 psi rear and 140 front. Sag was at 30% front and rear. All I could figure is that the relatively rough fire roads were amplified by the speed. I can go up to 325 on the shock, so I should still have plenty of room.

Is it possible that the ring on the shock simply slid down? That wouldn't explain the fork, though.

Is that 245 with your kit, pack, etc? You should be running your shock at least 40psi above your riding weight.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009854
Mobile Version of Website