Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
[Quote="661lee"]
Ra1der wrote:
CDT77 wrote:


Thanks. I thought the same. I weight 245 and have about 270 psi rear and 140 front. Sag was at 30% front and rear. All I could figure is that the relatively rough fire roads were amplified by the speed. I can go up to 325 on the shock, so I should still have plenty of room.

Is it possible that the ring on the shock simply slid down? That wouldn't explain the fork, though.

Is that 245 with your kit, pack, etc? You should be running your shock at least 40psi above your riding weight.

Thanks. You're right. I'll add a bit of air to compensate and get back to you.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Barkit wrote:
In case you guys missed that:


full bike check here:
https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/chainlinebikes,31215/setup,39724

Good lord, it's beautiful.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
Selling my complete Yogurt Truck Insurgent LB for 3450! Sad to see it go but I'm hoping it goes to someone who will treat her right. Link to ad is below, DM me with any questions.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2630828/

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 14:30 Quote
sevem408 wrote:
Selling my complete Yogurt Truck Insurgent LB for 3450! Sad to see it go but I'm hoping it goes to someone who will treat her right. Link to ad is below, DM me with any questions.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2630828/

gawd damn that is a deal, if i hadn't just bought my insurgent frame would have been all over this

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
hallj2 wrote:
sevem408 wrote:
Selling my complete Yogurt Truck Insurgent LB for 3450! Sad to see it go but I'm hoping it goes to someone who will treat her right. Link to ad is below, DM me with any questions.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2630828/

gawd damn that is a deal, if i hadn't just bought my insurgent frame would have been all over this

Same here. But I already bought an Offering. Though at the moment I am selling mine.

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
I'm 6'2 with long legs. What size insurgent should I get? Xl or L?

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
ORhvac wrote:
I'm 6'2 with long legs. What size insurgent should I get? Xl or L?

6’2 is always an XL

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
ORhvac wrote:
I'm 6'2 with long legs. What size insurgent should I get? Xl or L?

Same height here, XL no doubt, also on the new longer Offering. I´ve had both.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
What's the lightest that anybody has built up a Following MB? I'm really just curious, while it rides pretty well, the model I rented was quite heavy and I'd like something a bit lighter.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
Evil's website suggests a Large for 6'0" - 6'4". Can people not read..? All of their sizes are one below what most other brands suggest. I'm 5'10" and a Medium fits me nicely, but at the same time I'm comfortable on my Large HightowerLT.

AiTHORX wrote:
ORhvac wrote:
I'm 6'2 with long legs. What size insurgent should I get? Xl or L?

Same height here, XL no doubt, also on the new longer Offering. I´ve had both.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Barkit wrote:
In case you guys missed that:


full bike check here:
https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/chainlinebikes,31215/setup,39724

WOW THAT IS GORGEOUS tup Love the raw/polished crown!!! Made me double check to see if it was a Boxxer

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
keju wrote:
Evil's website suggests a Large for 6'0" - 6'4". Can people not read..? All of their sizes are one below what most other brands suggest. I'm 5'10" and a Medium fits me nicely, but at the same time I'm comfortable on my Large HightowerLT.

AiTHORX wrote:
ORhvac wrote:
I'm 6'2 with long legs. What size insurgent should I get? Xl or L?

Same height here, XL no doubt, also on the new longer Offering. I´ve had both.

Evils suggestion has been wrong, for years, in my opinion. Its my fourth frame since the first Revolt. Anything shorter than 470mm in reach, feels small being 6'2''.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
AiTHORX wrote:
keju wrote:
Evil's website suggests a Large for 6'0" - 6'4". Can people not read..? All of their sizes are one below what most other brands suggest. I'm 5'10" and a Medium fits me nicely, but at the same time I'm comfortable on my Large HightowerLT.

AiTHORX wrote:


Same height here, XL no doubt, also on the new longer Offering. I´ve had both.

Evils suggestion has been wrong, for years, in my opinion. Its my fourth frame since the first Revolt. Anything shorter than 470mm in reach, feels small being 6'2''.

By reach, it's wrong, but by effective top tube it's correct. The slack seat tube angle puts the sitting position very far back long legged riders.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
AiTHORX wrote:
keju wrote:
Evil's website suggests a Large for 6'0" - 6'4". Can people not read..? All of their sizes are one below what most other brands suggest. I'm 5'10" and a Medium fits me nicely, but at the same time I'm comfortable on my Large HightowerLT.


Evils suggestion has been wrong, for years, in my opinion. Its my fourth frame since the first Revolt. Anything shorter than 470mm in reach, feels small being 6'2''.

By reach, it's wrong, but by effective top tube it's correct. The slack seat tube angle puts the sitting position very far back long legged riders.

i own an XL hightower. I owned an XL wreckoning which felt a lot smaller than the hightower, even when seated. the Following is even smaller than that. i think the only Evil that is relatively true to size is the offering and even then ive heard it runs small. idk how that other guy rides a medium evil and a large SC, they must feel vastly different.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008547
Mobile Version of Website