Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Just a quick comparo commentary; after being able to sit and contemplate having ridden all 3 of Evil's 29ers.. something which I didn't expect has become apparent; namely - the Following MB is pretty darn capable.

No - I haven't attempted to smash it through some of the same trails I did on my Wrecker.. and no the STA isn't quite as nice as the Offering... but is it more 'playful' than either -> 'yes'.. is it snappier than either -> 'yes'.. does it handle at least 75% of the riding I do regularly - 'yes'.

Anyhoo.. was a pleasant surprise.. opened my eyes up a bit as I build my Offering up and tear around on the FMB, if I had to keep it and forgo the Offering I wouldn't be torn up. Thats all.. back to your regular scheduled programming.. lol

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Looking for a coil spring rate recommendation for a 120# Rider on an insurgent.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Speaking of coils, whose actually used one on their Offering frame and what was your opinion of it, both when climbing and descending? Marzocchi has their Bomber CR with the correct eye to eye and stroke to fit an offering, as does the Fox DHX2, or of course there’s the Push 11-6. Message me as I’d like to get some good feedback about this and wanting to make up my mind as to which coil to consider over another.

Also, I heard back from Works Components today and their 2 degree angleset headset that can fit Evil frames should be available for purchase around Black Friday/cyber Monday.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 0:43 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Speaking of coils, whose actually used one on their Offering frame and what was your opinion of it, both when climbing and descending? Marzocchi has their Bomber CR with the correct eye to eye and stroke to fit an offering, as does the Fox DHX2, or of course there’s the Push 11-6. Message me as I’d like to get some good feedback about this and wanting to make up my mind as to which coil to consider over another.

Also, I heard back from Works Components today and their 2 degree angleset headset that can fit Evil frames should be available for purchase around Black Friday/cyber Monday.

I have a rockshox super deluxe coil on order now get it in a few weeks.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
austenselk wrote:

mrp and cane creek also make coils that fit offering!

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
I don’t care about cane creek and MRP. I’m needing rider feedback from riders riding the Offering with Fox/Push coils and do both climbing and descending.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
The DHX2 has an interior design IMO. I would take almost any coil over a fox. Beyond that, I have a wrecking and my wife has an insurgent, so I can't comment on the offering

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
Mntneer wrote:
The DHX2 has an interior design IMO. I would take almost any coil over a fox. Beyond that, I have a wrecking and my wife has an insurgent, so I can't comment on the offering

*inferior

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Mntneer wrote:

*inferior

Inferior interior design lol

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
I saw that, but didn’t want to be “that guy”.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
austenselk wrote:
I saw that, but didn’t want to be “that guy”.

ill always be that guy

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Mntneer wrote:

Thanks in advance

I'm that weight and use a 350lb on my Evil Undead, not the same bike but might help, maybe try a 300 or 325.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
Mntneer wrote:

Thanks in advance

I'm that weight and use a 350lb on my Evil Undead, not the same bike but might help, maybe try a 300 or 325.

Thanks man. I might go with a 350 and no preload, and a 325 for sure if I can find it. My wife doesn't ride too hard, and it should be a good fit

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Mntneer wrote:
apatipsychonaut4 wrote:
Mntneer wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks man. I might go with a 350 and no preload, and a 325 for sure if I can find it. My wife doesn't ride too hard, and it should be a good fit

Push makes shocks in 25lb increase : https://www.pushindustries.com/products/elevensix-rear-hypercoil-shock-spring

I think ohlins does too but you need to look in their website, i'd rather suggest a 325lb spring and add preload if necessary, the Undead is a DH purposed bike and it has different leverage ratios and travel so be aware!

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Fox SLS springs also come in 25lb increments.

Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011780
Mobile Version of Website