Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 5:46 Quote
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

1st generation Following and I used a Works, and it was awesome. Definitely recommend it. Presently waiting for Works to release a 2 degree angleset to install on my Offering. They’ll be releasing it right around Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
austenselk wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

1st generation Following and I used a Works, and it was awesome. Definitely recommend it. Presently waiting for Works to release a 2 degree angleset to install on my Offering. They’ll be releasing it right around Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

What size fork you running on your offering

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
austenselk wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

1st generation Following and I used a Works, and it was awesome. Definitely recommend it. Presently waiting for Works to release a 2 degree angleset to install on my Offering. They’ll be releasing it right around Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

What size fork you running on your offering

140mm, started with a 160mm but after a couple weeks changed to the 140mm.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
Hello just bought a large Wreckoning LB with PUSH frame. I am trying to figure out what to do for a fork.

I am leaning towards a 160mm MRP Ribbon Coil. I just don't know what offset to get? It comes in 41, 46, and 51mm.

I also plan on probably putting a -1° angleset on there to slacken the HTA and steepen the STA.

If I do that doesn't the trail increase? If I ran 41mm offset would that basically negate the increase in wheelbase, but again increase trail?

If I do both of those do I then have too much trail and a floppy ride?

Stick with 51mm offset and -1° headset?

Thanks

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

Am after same intel, same bike. Is this the one peeps have used?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-zs62-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1169-p.asp

Cheers

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 6:26 Quote
kit-nz wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

Am after same intel, same bike. Is this the one peeps have used?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-zs62-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1169-p.asp

Cheers

That's the exact one I got for my Calling and afaik all Evils use the same one. Just make sure to get the right one for your headtube length.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Well, i went ahead and ordered an XL wreckoning lb frame this morning.

How many of you guys are running shims for your seatposts? i had heard that the worldwide cyclery guys had used shims in all of their wreckonings, and i have a fairly new PNW bachelor 31.6 post that id like to use.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Well, i went ahead and ordered an XL wreckoning lb frame this morning.

How many of you guys are running shims for your seatposts? i had heard that the worldwide cyclery guys had used shims in all of their wreckonings, and i have a fairly new PNW bachelor 31.6 post that id like to use.

Use it!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Is anyone running a Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS on their Evil? I'm assuming it's comparable to an ElevenSix?

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Well, i went ahead and ordered an XL wreckoning lb frame this morning.

How many of you guys are running shims for your seatposts? i had heard that the worldwide cyclery guys had used shims in all of their wreckonings, and i have a fairly new PNW bachelor 31.6 post that id like to use.
Yes... been using a 30.9 fox transfer in my wreckoning for 2+ years. shim it!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running a Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS on their Evil? I'm assuming it's comparable to an ElevenSix?

Not on an evil but ive owned both a DB coil and an 11.6,
DB coil is pretty much as good as 11.6 for all intents and purposes unless you want to take it from bike to bike (i.e revalving), or need assistance with tuning. The dual circuits worked similarly enough for me that i couldnt see a point in keeping a $1000+ shock over the cane creek.
(but ymmv cause that was on a santa cruz!)

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
sosburn wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running a Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil CS on their Evil? I'm assuming it's comparable to an ElevenSix?

Not on an evil but ive owned both a DB coil and an 11.6,
DB coil is pretty much as good as 11.6 for all intents and purposes unless you want to take it from bike to bike (i.e revalving), or need assistance with tuning. The dual circuits worked similarly enough for me that i couldnt see a point in keeping a $1000+ shock over the cane creek.
(but ymmv cause that was on a santa cruz!)

Thanks for the input. I don't see anyone on DB's anymore, but it seems like such a good option.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
If you take the time to tune it it’s good, but CC has reliability issues which put people off, and i had a DBair that had an issue with the compression knob basically not working and rotating freely and they wouldnt cover it under warranty :/

How is the headset that comes with evil frames? how difficult is it to install?

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
Hey guys! looking for some input. Always wanted to get a calling, but was planning on keeping my dh bike if I did that as I usually do 10 or so days at whistler during the summer. Other than that all my riding is done at the local north shore mountains. At the price point it would be helpful if I was able to sell my dh bike and just put that towards having one bike aswell as keep the bike stable down to 3. So my question is, who here has an Insurgent? If so how do you like it as a one bike do it all? How does it handle on the gnarlier tech stuff? I know it won't be as comfortable on tech but would imagine it blasts through flow trails! Also has anyone had any issues with cracking or any other frame issues? Haven't had too many carbon bikes before, but the ones I have had haven't been very comforting with all the noises they make and previous history for cracking (first gen carbon operator).

Cheers,Mark


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008923
Mobile Version of Website