Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
brassmonkayy wrote:
kit-nz wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
Is anyone running an angleset in an Insurgent (1st gen)? If so, what brand and would you recommend it?

Am after same intel, same bike. Is this the one peeps have used?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-zs44-zs62-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1169-p.asp

Cheers

That's the exact one I got for my Calling and afaik all Evils use the same one. Just make sure to get the right one for your headtube length.

Excellent, cheers.

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
Hey guys! looking for some input. Always wanted to get a calling, but was planning on keeping my dh bike if I did that as I usually do 10 or so days at whistler during the summer. Other than that all my riding is done at the local north shore mountains. At the price point it would be helpful if I was able to sell my dh bike and just put that towards having one bike aswell as keep the bike stable down to 3. So my question is, who here has an Insurgent? If so how do you like it as a one bike do it all? How does it handle on the gnarlier tech stuff? I know it won't be as comfortable on tech but would imagine it blasts through flow trails! Also has anyone had any issues with cracking or any other frame issues? Haven't had too many carbon bikes before, but the ones I have had haven't been very comforting with all the noises they make and previous history for cracking (first gen carbon operator).

Cheers,Mark

been on a calling last 2 season, amazing bike. prior to that had a insurgent for 2 years. Insurgent is a beast, had no issues riding WBP, or anything downhill, gnarly, techy, or jumpy in whistler, squamish, pemberton, mt. fromme, or coast gravity park, It climbed like a pig to me, and is the reason I got a calling. 80% of my riding is Midwest singletrack. The calling is so fun, and I think it def can hang with the insurgent up to black trails, double black the calling is not as fun as the insurgent was. You can def ride that stuff but the pucker factor is definitely increased. Evil bikes are pretty burly, and I have definitely tossed both from some sweet crashes. I have cracked the seatstay on my calling, still rode it for a few months before I noticed the crack lol. My bikes have both been very quiet I run onyx hubs, no weird creaks just hear the trail under your tires, minimal chain slap from eagle. Keep the DH bike for park abuse and get you a evil of your choice for "trail" duty. Offering looks really sweet too!

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
sosburn wrote:
If you take the time to tune it it’s good, but CC has reliability issues which put people off, and i had a DBair that had an issue with the compression knob basically not working and rotating freely and they wouldnt cover it under warranty :/

How is the headset that comes with evil frames? how difficult is it to install?

Good to know. I'm 99% sure I'm going to try the DBcoil. I've reached out to see what kind of support they provide. I guess I might have to find out the hard way.

I've never removed or installed the headset. When I bought my first insurgent, it said it comes with an angleset, but apparently Evil scrapped it. I wanted to go with a 1 degree Works angleset but just picked up a 170mm fork instead and will drop it into the extra-low setting to get 64.5 HA for when I need it.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 7:11 Quote

Whats up guys, I’ve joined the dark-side and built up this beastly Insurgent LB a few weeks back. Only been out on it a few times, but wow what a bike. This thing really can handle it all. Improvement over the Warden I was on prior. Dave was def on to something with that extra legit travel apparatus. Traction for days. You guys all have some sick builds. Lookin forward to seein some more of what everyones got! #bleedblackdieevil

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
Very nice build and beauty bike! You've kind of gone the direction I have with your Insurgent that I have with my Offering... I'm running beefy 27.5+ rubber / push rear... it looks like your running 'almost' 27.5+ (2.6 front?) / push rear.

Jibbaman28 wrote:

Whats up guys, I’ve joined the dark-side and built up this beastly Insurgent LB a few weeks back. Only been out on it a few times, but wow what a bike. This thing really can handle it all. Improvement over the Warden I was on prior. Dave was def on to something with that extra legit travel apparatus. Traction for days. You guys all have some sick builds. Lookin forward to seein some more of what everyones got! #bleedblackdieevil

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
Very nice build and beauty bike! You've kind of gone the direction I have with your Insurgent that I have with my Offering... I'm running beefy 27.5+ rubber / push rear... it looks like your running 'almost' 27.5+ (2.6 front?) / push rear.

Jibbaman28 wrote:

If I can find a cheap wheelset and tires, I’m considering having a set of 27.5+ for winter on my Offering. Don’t know if anyone wants to keep an eye out for something good, don’t know how much my wife can stomach considering I just built up a DH.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:

Deity all the way.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
austenselk wrote:
CDT77 wrote:

Jibbaman28 wrote:

If I can find a cheap wheelset and tires, I’m considering having a set of 27.5+ for winter on my Offering. Don’t know if anyone wants to keep an eye out for something good, don’t know how much my wife can stomach considering I just built up a DH.

This is easy - you're not building another bike, you're building a wheel set to keep you safe during the winter. What, does she want you to get hurt?

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
CDT77 wrote:

Thanks man. The front is a 2.5WT DHF and a 2.5WT Aggressor on the back. Thought about goin 2.6 up front, but figured it cant be too much difference

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
austenselk wrote:

Deity all the way.

Best in the biz Cool

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Deity all the way.

Best in the biz Cool

Oh yeah!

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
Can you fit a 2.6” 29 tire in the Offering rear triangle? Because I could use a 2.6 in my ENVE and my tires are about due to be replaced. If so, I might consider doing that versus another wheelset.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
I currently run a 3.0” NN 27.5+ in the rear, otherwise its a 2.5 29er DHF.. neither is approved by Evil ‘to fit’... but they both work fine. A 2.6 29er in the rear would be tight, but if a Maxxis, I bet it would fit.

austenselk wrote:
Can you fit a 2.6” 29 tire in the Offering rear triangle? Because I could use a 2.6 in my ENVE and my tires are about due to be replaced. If so, I might consider doing that versus another wheelset.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
I currently run a 3.0” NN 27.5+ in the rear, otherwise its a 2.5 29er DHF.. neither is approved by Evil ‘to fit’... but they both work fine. A 2.6 29er in the rear would be tight, but if a Maxxis, I bet it would fit.

austenselk wrote:

I’ve been using a Maxxis Minion DHF DH casing 2.5” 29 since before I had my Evil Offering and I haven’t experienced any problems, even at bottom out. Just wondering if anyone had used a 2.6” in theirs.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
So i finally rode my wreckoning LB today, kept it in low and it felt real skittish, didn't jump great, climbed nice though. Kinda odd.
But then i went home and changed it into Xlow and wow, totally changes the bikes character. Need to get an angleset so i can keep it in Low for the seat tube angle, but have the HTA slackened out.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010774
Mobile Version of Website