Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 17:55 Quote
So I’m getting my fork this weekend which is one of the last pieces of my custom wreckoning build. I ordered a fox 36 with 170mm of travel. I’m interested in trying the 170 setup for a bit. Would you guys recommend putting the flip chip in low or x low for this?

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
riderjh wrote:
So I’m getting my fork this weekend which is one of the last pieces of my custom wreckoning build. I ordered a fox 36 with 170mm of travel. I’m interested in trying the 170 setup for a bit. Would you guys recommend putting the flip chip in low or x low for this?

Why not run it in X-low. Drop the bb back down to spec, and as long as you're getting the clearance when you pedal, you should be all set. And it takes about 3 minutes a side to swap it back to low.

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
Sick. Super stoked to get to ride it. It’s been sitting in the box in my room since September while I gather parts for it

Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 19:31 Quote
riderjh wrote:

72 degree seattube angle... back to the Evil Uprising.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2020 at 20:15 Quote
Honestly you really dont need 170mm of fork on the wreckoning. itd probably be really capable with a 150 or even 140mm fork, and the geometry will be negatively effected, raising the bb height. also shortening the (already somewhat short) reach value and raising stack height.
just get it to 160mm and put it in x-low, i promise you wont ever find yourself wanting that extra 10mm upfront in anything other than a full on dh track.

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
I second the above. I rode mine with a 170 Fox 36 for a while but I liked it better with the 160 I had before. I rode mine in x-low for both forks. Felt a little perched up with the 170.

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Ok. Good to know. Definitely gonna change it to 160

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 21:41 Quote
Is 160mm fork with a -1deg angle set and high flip chip setting the way to optimise setup?

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 21:59 Quote
I haven’t tried it yet but that’s what I think would be ideal! Maintains similar head angle and bb height to 0 degree / x low while steepening the seat angle a bit

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 22:07 Quote
I'm waiting on my new stem/works headset but yeah that's supposedly the middle ground, albeit i don't really mind climbing with my wreckoning in the x-low as it is.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2020 at 22:26 Quote
I don’t mind the saddle position that the current seat angle gives me, but I can’t tilt the nose of my saddle down far enough for my liking lol. Steepening the seat angle would help a bit.

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 5:21 Quote
Acmac wrote:
Is 160mm fork with a -1deg angle set and high flip chip setting the way to optimise setup?

This is what I went with. Mrp coil 160 up front w/ Works -1 headset.

Don’t plan on running it in xlow at all really

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
With the 11-6 in the rear is it guaranteed to rub the brake and shifter housing or is it hit or miss? Just want to know if I need to jimmy rig something.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
yourrealdad wrote:
With the 11-6 in the rear is it guaranteed to rub the brake and shifter housing or is it hit or miss? Just want to know if I need to jimmy rig something.

Jimmy rig.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
yourrealdad wrote:

you could probably have them valve you an SS version that you wouldnt need to rig anything with

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011606
Mobile Version of Website