Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
yourrealdad wrote:
Acmac wrote:
Is 160mm fork with a -1deg angle set and high flip chip setting the way to optimise setup?

This is what I went with. Mrp coil 160 up front w/ Works -1 headset.

Don’t plan on running it in xlow at all really

Changed my plan; rode it in low today and i hated it. felt way too short. Climbing in x-low is honestly pretty great so just gonna return my headset when it arrives

Posted: Jan 11, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
sosburn wrote:
yourrealdad wrote:
With the 11-6 in the rear is it guaranteed to rub the brake and shifter housing or is it hit or miss? Just want to know if I need to jimmy rig something.

you could probably have them valve you an SS version that you wouldnt need to rig anything with
wouldn’t the side stack hit the linkage?

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 6:41 Quote
edit: different ss

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 12:23 Quote
MBRIERLEY wrote:

I finished the build on my brand new Wreckoning Friday night and, as ye all know, all of the bolts, bar the seatpost bolt, have the tensioning torque clearly printed on them. I torqued the seatpost bolt to 5Nm, rode around the house to fine tune the gears, came back in and there is a teeny crack either side of the eyelet in the seat tube.

Got a picture?

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
I saw your picture in your profile, but not on the forum. It’s hard to tell from focus if it’s a crack in the frame or just paint. If your frame is brand new and you bought it directly from a dealer, you shouldn’t have a problem contacting Evil and telling them what you’re telling us. The dire reviews you’re referring to, were some time ago and no longer prevalent. I’ve had more issues arise dealing with my LBS than I’ve had problems with my Evil frames, and I’ve now owned four.

Contact Evil.

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
I too would contact evil, theyve been really nice and helpful so far (i basically overtorqued some bolts and sheared one and they sent me a new set for free). Also, if your LBS is proving issues (sounds like they just dont want to warranty it out of laziness or something), dealing with Evil directly is super easy and they dont take days/weeks to get back to you as ive experienced with other brands.

As for the crack, that is definitely suspect. When i first tightened and rode mine a bit, there was a paint crack in the same spot but it was literally a hairline crack about 3-4mm, which is about 1/10th the size of the pic you have. Bummer

Posted: Jan 12, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Good luck, bolts and small parts are one thing but when it comes to warranty on a frame it’s a battle even when dealing directly with evil. My advice call and email them so you have prof in writing about everything they tell you.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
MBRIERLEY wrote:
Folks, thanks for all the replies. Could someone post a close up picture of where your seat tube joins the seat post collar?

My frame had tiny crimps in the carbon suggesting the area would have been under stress before I tightened the seat tube collar.

One thing I'm noticing from your pic is the seat post clamp sits below the top of your seat tube. On my Evil, and as far as I know all others, the seat clamp has a ridge at the top to prevent the clamp from going past the top of the seat tube. You may have clamped it too far down the seat tube.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 14:03 Quote
MBRIERLEY wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

One thing I'm noticing from your pic is the seat post clamp sits below the top of your seat tube. On my Evil, and as far as I know all others, the seat clamp has a ridge at the top to prevent the clamp from going past the top of the seat tube. You may have clamped it too far down the seat tube.

It's the top of the seatpost shim, not the collar. As I mentioned, the seat post has a 3-4 stubs for want of a better word. Just want to see if it is common.

Ok, that makes sense. So the seat post has stubs? I guess I'd have to see a picture of those to know what you mean.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005679
Mobile Version of Website