Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
Christofferdurietz wrote:
Luke Strobel now on specialized !? Didn’t see that coming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84vCOWHrX3/?igshid=1p3luuj6vco81

I hadn’t seen or heard anything on Luke Strobel for the longest of time.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Christofferdurietz wrote:
Luke Strobel now on specialized !? Didn’t see that coming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B84vCOWHrX3/?igshid=1p3luuj6vco81

I hadn’t seen or heard anything on Luke Strobel for the longest of time.

that's kind of a bummer. he really ripped those evil bikes

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 22:13 Quote
My Works 2 degree angleset headset arrived today, hoping to get it installed sometime this week and have it ready for this weekend (if the weather is good.) Pretty stoked to be using another angleset again.

Posted: Feb 27, 2020 at 13:52 Quote
So ive been using my Works -1.5 headset for a few weeks, really digging it in the low position on the wreckoning, but the other day i decided to try it in X-low and surprisingly i did not like at all. Front wheel felt way too forward, hitting jumps just felt weird.
If anyone else is thinking of that set up id probably recommend a reduced offset fork at that point

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 at 22:37 Quote
Got my Works 2 degree angleset headset installed, unfortunately the weather is not looking hopeful for Sunday to actually get it out on dirt. I am sad.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 6:30 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Got my Works 2 degree angleset headset installed, unfortunately the weather is not looking hopeful for Sunday to actually get it out on dirt. I am sad.

Rain? just send it.

I keep debating whether or not my wreckoning is too small for me and if i should sell it and get something with a bit more reach. When im riding it its good, when im not riding though i’m definitely wondering...

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
sosburn wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Rain? just send it.

I keep debating whether or not my wreckoning is too small for me and if i should sell it and get something with a bit more reach. When im riding it its good, when im not riding though i’m definitely wondering...

Snow.

Have you considered just trying a longer stem for now and see how that feels? Otherwise if it feels fine when you’re on it and riding, I would leave it as is.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
Hey guys, seriously considering pulling the trigger on an Insurgent frame to build up a 180mm dual crown freeride bike. Give to me straight, do these frames last? Will I make it through a summer riding it BC without the frame cracking? Also heard Evil has terrible warranty/customer service, has this changed at all in the last few years?

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
austenselk wrote:
sosburn wrote:
austenselk wrote:

Rain? just send it.

Snow.

Have you considered just trying a longer stem for now and see how that feels? Otherwise if it feels fine when you’re on it and riding, I would leave it as is.

Bummer.
Running a 65mm deity stem currently and it feels good riding in the higher position. I think it’s just cause the wreckoning is a bit outdated compared to other rigs but meh.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 11:51 Quote
J-Gordon wrote:
Hey guys, seriously considering pulling the trigger on an Insurgent frame to build up a 180mm dual crown freeride bike. Give to me straight, do these frames last? Will I make it through a summer riding it BC without the frame cracking? Also heard Evil has terrible warranty/customer service, has this changed at all in the last few years?

I have a few friends that rode a summer at Highland last year on that same set up. Never heard of any cracking issues. I personally baby my Insurgent and have a DH bike to beat on at the bike park. But I'm 200lbs and tend to huck to flat alot. If you're lighter and ride pretty smooth, I can't see you having an issue.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 at 13:07 Quote
sosburn wrote:
austenselk wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Rain? just send it.

Snow.

Bummer.
Running a 65mm deity stem currently and it feels good riding in the higher position. I think it’s just cause the wreckoning is a bit outdated compared to other rigs but meh.

Never mind for a longer stem haha.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 17:18 Quote

Here’s my build. This thing is so much fun!

Sizing notes: I’m 5’6”and a small fits great for a playful, snappy, excellent climbing bike that can take big hits. Currently have a 35mm long stem and am well centered with very little weight on my hands. No hand pain or arm pump, but also no unloading of the front end when climbing. It does, however feel a little cramped for steeps, so go with a medium at 5’6” for more of a crusher for downhill stability.

Build specs:
2019 Insurgent LB, size Small
32 lbs. as spec’d (pretty amazing for no carbon components, with tire inserts and a beast of a fork!)
DVO Diamond D1 Boost set at 170mm
DVO Topaz T3 (installed after pics)
RWC needle bearing kit upper shock mount
I9 Enduro 305 wheelset, hydra hubs, setup tubeless
Hayes Dominion A4 brakes
Hayes D8 rotors
Deity Cavity stem, 31.8 clamp, 35mm long
Deity Crosshair headseat cap
Deity Blacklabel 800 bars, 38mm rise
Deity Knuckleduster grips
Wheels Mfg. BSA30 angular contact bearing threaded bottom bracket
Race Face Atlas cranks, 165mm
Race Face Cinch direct mount 32t chainring
Deity Tmac pedals
E13 TRS Plus bash-only bash guard
SRAM Eagle GX 10-50t 12-spd cassette
SRAM Eagle GX derailleur
SRAM Eagle XO1 shifter
SRAM Eagle XO1 chain
OneUp V2 150mm dropper post and remote
WTB Volt Team ti saddle
Deity Circuit seat post clamp
Maxxis DHF II WT 27.5x2.5 front tire, 3C maxx terra exo tr
Maxxis DHR II 27.5x2.3 rear tire, 3C maxx terra exo tr
CushCore Pro inserts front and rear

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
Anyone know if the Wreckoning rear shock fit on the Insurgent?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
jellis4 wrote:
Anyone know if the Wreckoning rear shock fit on the Insurgent?

Thanks

No. Wreckoning is 216x63 and insurgent is 200x57.

Depending on the type of coil shock, it could be resized and revalved for the insurgent

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008297
Mobile Version of Website