Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: May 27, 2020 at 4:31 Quote
photo

2nd frame and 3rd shock later, I proudly present my rig.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
Sweet! Looks deadly! After glancing at your drive-train set up the DH intent is clear.. you sure won't be doing much pedaling up steep hills eh?

Wreck2019 wrote:
photo

2nd frame and 3rd shock later, I proudly present my rig.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Does anyone know how big I can go with tyres on my insurgent LB?
The bike I just swapped had 2.6 Michelin WE front/rear specific which I really was enjoying. I would love to carry on with the Michelin's but clearance is debatable.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
CDT77 wrote:
Sweet! Looks deadly! After glancing at your drive-train set up the DH intent is clear.. you sure won't be doing much pedaling up steep hills eh?

Actually no. The cassette is 34 lowest and chain ring is 34. It's fine for "moderate" uphills Smile

O+
Posted: May 27, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
Your moderate uphills must be quite a bit different than our moderate PNW uphills then... Either that or your an absolute climbing beast! Either way.. if it works for you and your environment - perfect!

Wreck2019 wrote:
CDT77 wrote:

Actually no. The cassette is 34 lowest and chain ring is 34. It's fine for "moderate" uphills Smile

O+
Posted: May 27, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
chrisrip wrote:
The bike I just swapped had 2.6 Michelin WE front/rear specific which I really was enjoying. I would love to carry on with the Michelin's but clearance is debatable.

2.5 max as per evil. They say 2.4 max for the wreckoning and that's pretty spot on, don't think anything bigger (2.4 trail boss) will fit in muddy/gravel conditions, so i'd assume 2.5 for the insurgent is spot on as well.

Posted: May 27, 2020 at 21:48 Quote
So stoked to be here finally!!! Picked up a 2017 Insurgent frame and am almost done with the build.

Couple of quick questions.

What kind of clearance do 2.6 tires have on the rear cross brace?

Can you actually tell the difference in a 160 vs 170 fork? I have both at my disposal but I figured bigger is better, right?

O+
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 2:33 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
So stoked to be here finally!!! Picked up a 2017 Insurgent frame and am almost done with the build.

Couple of quick questions.

What kind of clearance do 2.6 tires have on the rear cross brace?

Can you actually tell the difference in a 160 vs 170 fork? I have both at my disposal but I figured bigger is better, right?

There isn't much clearance on that cross brace. I stick to 2.4 Maxxis in the rear for mud clearance. Otherwise it just turns into a debris shelf. Personally, I think 170mm is too much fork for the bike unless you're doing dedicated DH/Park days. Of all the configurations I've run, 160mm with a 1 degree angle set in the "low" position is the best for aggressive trail/all mountain riding.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
chrisrip wrote:

2.5 max as per evil. They say 2.4 max for the wreckoning and that's pretty spot on, don't think anything bigger (2.4 trail boss) will fit in muddy/gravel conditions, so i'd assume 2.5 for the insurgent is spot on as well.
Cheers for that
Looks like I'll be returning the 2.6 rear for a 2.4.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
I have a calling and I am a rowdy trail biker. Looking to change the fork. Looking for 160 upfront looking at a dvo diamond, fox 36, Marzocchi z1, or ohlins 36. Im more of a set it and forget it unless I’m going from front range riding to Moab or winter park. I value reliability and durability over adjustments and ultra high performance. What’s your guys thought?

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
I have an evil insurgent and I'm looking at getting a marzocchi bomber coil... I'm not sure what spring rate I want though, I'm 15, 140 pounds, I ride aggressively and am really hard on the bike haha, any suggestions based on what you guys have? Thanks

O+
Posted: May 31, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

use this.

Posted: May 31, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
2020 Evil Following

Arrived 04/20/20

O+
Posted: May 31, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
cult67 wrote:
2020 Evil Following

Arrived 04/20/20
Very nice!

O+
Posted: May 31, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Please excuse the poor quality phone photo, thought it was an appropriate time to snap a photo of the Shrekoning!

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020024
Mobile Version of Website