Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 9:28 Quote
mesterious wrote:
DJRYNO4LIFE wrote:
Awesome thanks so much for the feed back guys! I was thinking about a dvo jade x but I'll forsure take a look into the ohlins and email evil about fitment. Out of curiosity as far as fitment goes is it usually the piggy back that contacts the under side of the top tube or is it just anything with a trunion mount in that size should fit?

Cheers,Mark

I may have misspoke. I went to Ohlin's website and plugged in the calling and they list the air shock as what is available; however, I thought about trying the universal version (piggyback) for my bike as it looked like it would work, but got lucky and found the side-side version that is specific to my bike for sale. I couldn't find any dimensions on the universal models to get a more accurate depiction. I would definitely contact evil to see if there is a ttx piggyback coil that will fit inside the frame. They have some experience with the Ohlin's coil on their bikes! Worth a shot. Happy hunting!

Rad thanks man!

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 18:49 Quote
Looking to get a new bike at the end of the season. Any help is appreciated. Ripmo vs offering?

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 16:23 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
Looking to get a new bike at the end of the season. Any help is appreciated. Ripmo vs offering?

Ive never ridden a Ripmo. but from what I can tell it is an awesome bike. If I was buying any one bike right now it would probably be the offering. I love my new following. It is so poppy and the suspension is used really well, its smooth, and deep feeling without feeling like I wallow into the suspension. if that makes sense.

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
TreyCox wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:

Ive never ridden a Ripmo. but from what I can tell it is an awesome bike. If I was buying any one bike right now it would probably be the offering. I love my new following. It is so poppy and the suspension is used really well, its smooth, and deep feeling without feeling like I wallow into the suspension. if that makes sense.

Yeah I have heard great things about the offering. The only off putting thing is I have seen a couple if horrible warranty problems with evils.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 6:38 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:

You posted in the Evil forum, so buy the Evil. If you post in the Ibis forum, buy the Ibis.

Offering is sold out from Evil direct so you are going to have to take whatever leftovers you can find from someone else.

Do you like DVO or Fox? Then the Ripmo. Do you like RS then Evil

The Ripmo has the following main numbers: HTA 64.9°, STA 76°, chainstays 435mm, reach 475mm, BB height 341mm, Wheelbase 1238mm

The Offering is the Following (see what I did there): HTA 65.8°, STA 75.6°, chainstays 430mm, reach 477mm, BB height 349mm, Wheelbase 1235mm. This is for a bike with a 160mm fork and in Low settting. If you put it in X-low it will almost match up the Ripmo at every category.

On paper the Ripmo is going to climb and descend better with its HTA/STA, BB height. Although slacker HTA usually harder to climb.

Do you like ugly bikes? Then get the Ripmo (buts thats just me)

Bottom line they are both great bikes from the anecdotal evidence I have heard from real riders I have run into (confirmation bias), and from testers. Go with whichever one you think looks better and is cheaper IMO.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
TreyCox wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:

Yeah I have heard great things about the offering. The only off putting thing is I have seen a couple if horrible warranty problems with evils.

I, within the last week have had to work with evil on a warranty issue. Not only were they quick to respond but very easy to deal with and have made life easy and painless. I read all these people with bad dealings with many bike companies. I think there is one main commonality. They act like a*sholes. If your easy going and have a good demeanor most people are willing to help. Evil customer service is on point. I’ve had many bikes. And many warranty issues. Evil is one of the best to deal with.
Oh also if you crash your bike don’t expect a company to warranty it. Put the big boy pants on and crash replace that shit. This is a pay to play game.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
[Quote="yourrealdad"]
Xanderxcl wrote:

You posted in the Evil forum, so buy the Evil. If you post in the Ibis forum, buy the Ibis.

Offering is sold out from Evil direct so you are going to have to take whatever leftovers you can find from someone else.

The Ripmo has the following main numbers: HTA 64.9°, STA 76°, chainstays 435mm, reach 475mm, BB height 341mm, Wheelbase 1238mm

The Offering is the Following (see what I did there): HTA 65.8°, STA 75.6°, chainstays 430mm, reach 477mm, BB height 349mm, Wheelbase 1235mm. This is for a bike with a 160mm fork and in Low settting. If you put it in X-low it will almost match up the Ripmo at every category.

On paper the Ripmo is going to climb and descend better with its HTA/STA, BB height. Although slacker HTA usually harder to climb.

Bottom line they are both great bikes from the anecdotal evidence I have heard from real riders I have run into (confirmation bias), and from testers. Go with whichever one you think looks better and is cheaper IMO.[/Quote

Thanks for the reply, (Laughed at that joke) I feel like they are both great bikes I just need to have a one bike quiver. I feel like the ripmos geometry is a little better but the evil is more of a hooligan bike which has it's appeal as well.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
[Quote="Xanderxcl"]
yourrealdad wrote:
Xanderxcl wrote:

Bottom line they are both great bikes from the anecdotal evidence I have heard from real riders I have run into (confirmation bias), and from testers. Go with whichever one you think looks better and is cheaper IMO.[/Quote

Thanks for the reply, (Laughed at that joke) I feel like they are both great bikes I just need to have a one bike quiver. I feel like the ripmos geometry is a little better but the evil is more of a hooligan bike which has it's appeal as well.

What someone else said, you are in the Evil forum, buy Evil Smile i've got a Following, increased the forks to 140mm, bike is an absolute weapon, had soo much fun on it and soaked up everything i can throw at it, (Scottish Highlands), but currently selling mine just now (shameless plug) as got a new toy, but you are pretty much going to get a biased opinion if you post on an Evil forum lol

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 11:03 Quote
anyone ridden the new enduro in comparison to an evil (possibly a wreckoning)? Im loving my wreckoning but its a tad too small and I'm lusting after a used Enduro frame, but dont really want to make the change if the suspension feels better on the delta platform

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
anyone ridden the new enduro in comparison to an evil (possibly a wreckoning)? Im loving my wreckoning but its a tad too small and I'm lusting after a used Enduro frame, but dont really want to make the change if the suspension feels better on the delta platform

I was dealing with the same debate here. Basically what I’ve seen from reviews and dudes riding it is the enduro is more for fast racing. Where the wreckoning is more for fun racing. The enduro isn’t as poppy which would be good if I was playing for time but I more enjoy the air time and f*cking off on the trail not seeing how fast I can crush a run.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 6:11 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
I have, sold me Wrecker LB this spring because i felt it was a bit to big size wise, but later ended up regretting it in terms of needing a bike for the bigger days.
After looking at some other longer travel bikes I settled on the Enduro, it is crazy good! a pretty good climber for what it is, and just next level descending! So good good at holding speed through the gnar.
Buy it, you won't regret it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 6:33 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
Oh also if you crash your bike don’t expect a company to warranty it. Put the big boy pants on and crash replace that shit. This is a pay to play game.

Why? If you ever got to court and used a video of Rampage to demonstrate what a hi end bike is designed for, the court would have to find in your favour, irrelevant of how the damage was caused.

If a frame doesn’t brake when a rider drops off a 50ft ledge or crosses a 75ft canyon gap, there is no reason to expect why it would break by badly landing an 8-10ft drop at 25mph.

Hi end bikes are designed for doing crazy shit. If it breaks doing so, the bike you’re riding ain’t fit for purpose.

That’s why cars are warrantied for driving on highways not off-road or racing them.

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Wreck2019 wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Why? If you ever got to court and used a video of Rampage to demonstrate what a hi end bike is designed for, the court would have to find in your favour, irrelevant of how the damage was caused.

If a frame doesn’t brake when a rider drops off a 50ft ledge or crosses a 75ft canyon gap, there is no reason to expect why it would break by badly landing an 8-10ft drop at 25mph.

Hi end bikes are designed for doing crazy shit. If it breaks doing so, the bike you’re riding ain’t fit for purpose.

That’s why cars are warrantied for driving on highways not off-road or racing them.

Yeah I totally don’t agree.

If you crash a car is it the car makers fault or short comings? Motorcycle? Dirt bike? No on all. The bikes build should cover piloted riding. The geo can handle an expert on rampage but not an idiot that does a hard over the bars.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
Wreck2019 wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Can’t say I agree with the logic. I feel that’s a “I screwed up and someone else should pay for it” mentality. But to each there own. Odd that bike companies don’t warranty those situations and likely a case has been made in court, that bikes can withstand those extremes I wonder why companies don’t cover them. Also using the example of landing a fifty foot drop on the wheels and suspension versus landing a 10ft drop on the frame is a completely different set of circumstances. It is an apples to oranges comparison. Bikes are made to be strong against forces in a specific direction I.e torsionally, laterally, vertically, not impacts. But again when I buy a bike I have come to the that terms that if I crash I will have to pay. I find it much less frustrating to look at it this way.

I understand your likely to disagree with me. Which is reasonable. But this is my point of view. It is in no way intended to conflate the discussion with some sort of attack in your ideals.

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Yep. New Enduro and new Wrecker. I got the Wrecker.
The Enduro feels like a DH bike, it's fast, stable, bottomless, crazy plowability. It's stupid fast going down stupid fast lines. Pedals damn well.
The new Wrecker feels more all-around. It's got a zip to it that the Enduro doesn't. It's poppier, snappier, just more lively. It doesn't feel like a DH bike, more like a very long-legged aggressive AM bike.
On scary-hairy and fast lines, I was more confident and faster on the Enduro. On most other trails I was happier on the Wrecker, where it was able to pedal fast, snap around, and party on everything.

They feel quite different. Both are crazy good. Just depends what you're looking for.

**The new Wrecker does have a pretty high BB, which, depending on the terrain, can be good or bad. If you're' riding a lot of flow trails, not so great. If you're riding tons of chunky stuff, it's awesome. One thing that I like about the higher BB is being able to use spring rate in combination with the flip-chips to dial in the ride, without getting it so low that you smash pedals everywhere. Check out the PB slowmo of the Enduro huck-to-flat. The pedal is damn close to the ground. Imagine jumping into a rock garden, and that pedal smashing a rock...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014424
Mobile Version of Website