Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 19:35 Quote
D99 wrote:
I'm looking at getting an Offering. I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Any advice if I should go l or xl? Also, Super Deluxe Ultimate or Fox dpx2?

at 6’3 youre an XL on pretty much any bike

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 19:52 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
D99 wrote:
I'm looking at getting an Offering. I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Any advice if I should go l or xl? Also, Super Deluxe Ultimate or Fox dpx2?

Not sure on the size but I’d say dpx2 for sure. Fun poppy little shock.

I have always ran Fox but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Evil seems to be all RS.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 1:29 Quote
D99 wrote:

If the Float X2 fits pick that over DPX2. If you ride hard and weigh 210 the DPX2 will be past it’s limit in my experience.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
wllmd wrote:
D99 wrote:

If the Float X2 fits pick that over DPX2. If you ride hard and weigh 210 the DPX2 will be past it’s limit in my experience.

Also a good point. im only 175 but the dpx2 has been lackluster in every situation ive tried one. float X2 works very well on the delta system

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 7:21 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
wllmd wrote:
D99 wrote:

Also a good point. im only 175 but the dpx2 has been lackluster in every situation ive tried one. float X2 works very well on the delta system

I agree with both of you as I also run the x2. Are y’all riding the offering? Shorter travel may play a part in how the shock felt. I have a slayer and would never run that shock on it. It couldn’t handle the type of riding. Didn't think of the weight issue, though I have a friend on an eminent haste running the dpx2 and he’s 230 and seems to not have a problem. Though different bikes. But I believe the question pertained to the stock equipment provided by evil. In which case I happen to like fox more than RS for rear shocks.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 8:15 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
wllmd wrote:

I agree with both of you as I also run the x2. Are y’all riding the offering? Shorter travel may play a part in how the shock felt. I have a slayer and would never run that shock on it. It couldn’t handle the type of riding. Didn't think of the weight issue, though I have a friend on an eminent haste running the dpx2 and he’s 230 and seems to not have a problem. Though different bikes. But I believe the question pertained to the stock equipment provided by evil. In which case I happen to like fox more than RS for rear shocks.

Im on a wreckoning, feels great with that 160mm travel and ive got no problem doing park laps on it (minus enormous jumps) but yeah i think on something bigger like a slayer you may as well have coil.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Im on a wreckoning, feels great with that 160mm travel and ive got no problem doing park laps on it (minus enormous jumps) but yeah i think on something bigger like a slayer you may as well have coil.

Dead on. I run a Hazzard on my slayer. Though I have run the x2 as well and it was quite nice.
I gotta get myself on a wreckoning. Been eyeballing it for a minute. Thinking of giving up the slayer for it. But park days feel so good on the slayer.
Of well guess I’ll have add another bike to the stable.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 10:49 Quote
Petiloi wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Petiloi wrote:

Dead on. I run a Hazzard on my slayer. Though I have run the x2 as well and it was quite nice.
I gotta get myself on a wreckoning. Been eyeballing it for a minute. Thinking of giving up the slayer for it. But park days feel so good on the slayer.
Of well guess I’ll have add another bike to the stable.

I kinda want to get something else as its a bit small for me in the XL sizing (the LB version). but yeah if you have an offering and a slayer i wouldnt bother with a wreckoning, its definitely more of an all around bike. for example, ill do the 25 mile, entirely fire road turkey day ride in fairfax on the wreckoning, and then put a dhx2 on it and take it to downieville or kirkwood. I also have mine with the -1.5 degree angleset from Works components so the geometry is nearly the same as the new wreckoning, just not as long and a little slacker on the seat tube.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
Anyone ridden a Pole?
wanting to know how the suspension feels compared to the delta linkage, as i feel like my wreckoning climbs pretty good

Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Anyone ridden a Pole?
wanting to know how the suspension feels compared to the delta linkage, as i feel like my wreckoning climbs pretty good

Nope. I don’t ride pole. Any dude that rides a pole isn’t a dude in my book. Also they have a shit load of problems with bikes and customer service.

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2020 at 8:23 Quote
Wow! what an original and funny joke.

Anyone else with actual info?

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
Just curious anyone got any news on when the Following GX builds will be back in stock?

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 5:24 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Wow! what an original and funny joke.

Anyone else with actual info?

No experience on the bike itself. I'm extremely curious though, but really weary of their company. Lots of negative experiences out there.
If you have the money to try it out, and aren't worried about continued support after investment, it's definitely worth giving a shot. Bike looks killer, and ride reports have been promising. It's definitely a very aggressive bike though, and needs serious terrain.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Anyone ridden a Pole?

I did a lap on an Evolink at the bike park, the fit felt good, and it didn't take long to get used to the bike, but I didn't care for how the rear suspension felt. (could be how it was set up, but the guy who owned it was about my weight and size)

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
Abacall wrote:

No experience on the bike itself. I'm extremely curious though, but really weary of their company. Lots of negative experiences out there.
If you have the money to try it out, and aren't worried about continued support after investment, it's definitely worth giving a shot. Bike looks killer, and ride reports have been promising. It's definitely a very aggressive bike though, and needs serious terrain.

Yeah i wouldnt be buying new, theres used frame nearby so kinda forfeiting the customer service anyways haha. i have a few trails nearby that i would consider worthy, but i suppose thats up to interpretation!

kmag76 wrote:

I did a lap on an Evolink at the bike park, the fit felt good, and it didn't take long to get used to the bike, but I didn't care for how the rear suspension felt. (could be how it was set up, but the guy who owned it was about my weight and size)

Thats interesting, do you remember what rear shock it was? im not as concerned if it was the monarch plus, the frame im looking at comes with an EXT and i already have a couple of shocks that fit the evolink’s sizing.
Did you ride the same size you usually do, or did you try a size down?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025076
Mobile Version of Website