Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 5:22 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:
What do you want to know. Have about 600 miles on it now.
photo

Is the front at 160 or 170? That’s a lot of miles already on the new bike. You use it for XC I’m guessing?

The front is a 170 Fox 36 w/Grip2 and Push ACS3 coil conversion. Definitely NOT XC miles! All trail miles, no lifts. I use it for most of my riding, with a '21 Django for the lighter trails.
She's great for longer days in the saddle, and can bang out lots of miles and vert. Only limit really is my fitness. Most of the rides on the Wrecker average 15 miles, with 3K of vert. 70/30 split of trail / fireroad climbing, all ending with a rowdy descent.
I'm working on a long-term review, but waiting till I have it for 6 months and at least 1K.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 5:44 Quote
Abacall wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:
photo

Is the front at 160 or 170? That’s a lot of miles already on the new bike. You use it for XC I’m guessing?

The front is a 170 Fox 36 w/Grip2 and Push ACS3 coil conversion. Definitely NOT XC miles! All trail miles, no lifts. I use it for most of my riding, with a '21 Django for the lighter trails.
She's great for longer days in the saddle, and can bang out lots of miles and vert. Only limit really is my fitness. Most of the rides on the Wrecker average 15 miles, with 3K of vert. 70/30 split of trail / fireroad climbing, all ending with a rowdy descent.
I'm working on a long-term review, but waiting till I have it for 6 months and at least 1K.

Badass man. I used to live in the springs and can’t imagine getting those miles with those real mountains. What’s your height? I’m 5’9” and going medium. Putting a ohlins 180 DH38 M1 on the front. It’s only 4mm longer than your 36 so should be perfect. Figured I’d just bike park it but if you’re crushing those miles then here in Germany on the mostly xc/enduro terrain maybe I can do long rides too.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:
wllmd wrote:

Badass man. I used to live in the springs and can’t imagine getting those miles with those real mountains. What’s your height? I’m 5’9” and going medium. Putting a ohlins 180 DH38 M1 on the front. It’s only 4mm longer than your 36 so should be perfect. Figured I’d just bike park it but if you’re crushing those miles then here in Germany on the mostly xc/enduro terrain maybe I can do long rides too.

5'8", on a medium and fits me perfect. That 180 will get great, I've been thinking of going longer too but don't really want to raise the BB and slack it out much more. I just flipped it to the X-low setting, and getting a 64* HA, and 76* SA.
The Wrecker has a weird pedaling platform to get used to, it's much more active off the top than you'd think. But then it settles into this sweet firmness that allows you to smash. It took me a while to get used to it, but once you find that platform and know where it is, you find yourself pedaling out of the saddle more.
She's not light though, at 34 lbs (with pedals). But you rarely feel that weight while riding, only on those longer uphill slogs. Plenty of snap and liveliness to it, while having tons of travel to pump through nasty stuff.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 8:33 Quote
ornorton wrote:
I Have an offering with the DPX2 factory, 160mm 36 Grip2. & works -1 Deg angle set and its perfect. I don't think I loose anything on the climbs and the front to rear travel in my opinion feels balanced. I also have/had a wreckoning and the offering really isn't that far behind on the downhills. The only difference I find is you have to be a bit more decisive in where you place your wheels during heavy really rough rock gardens. The wreckoning you just blast through without a care in the world otherwise the offering feels like a trail bike that still smashes the downhills too

Tarek90 wrote:
Hey Guys-

I just purchased my first Evil! I bought an Evil Offering - Frank the Tank! I bought it with only rear shock DPX2 figured since they are out of stock on everything might as well build it to my liking. The only issue I am having with is choosing the fork. I know they recommend the lyric 51mm offset between 140-160mm travel. Has anyone gone a different route with the fork maybe a Fox36/8? Did you notice the riding to be off? Sorry just curious want to make sure I build this just right!

You are the man! Thank you, I really wanted to go with fox 36 160mm but was worried it would be overkill! Glad you are running it that just might be my route!

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:13 Quote
Abacall wrote:
photo

I currently have a 2020 Fuel EX 8 and am considering replacing it with the new Wreckoning.
My riding consists of trail riding once or twice a week and a trip to the bike park for some DH-fun a couple of times a month. For the trail I think the FEX is great, but it's a bit underbiked in the park. Does the Wreckoning climb and pedal good enough to be my only bike?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
TomGun77 wrote:
I currently have a 2020 Fuel EX 8 and am considering replacing it with the new Wreckoning.
My riding consists of trail riding once or twice a week and a trip to the bike park for some DH-fun a couple of times a month. For the trail I think the FEX is great, but it's a bit underbiked in the park. Does the Wreckoning climb and pedal good enough to be my only bike?

I had a 2018 FEX the same time and then got a Wreckoning. I mean, I had fun at the park even on my 2017 FEX, but yea, it's no wreckoning. I've gone like 6 months using my Wreck as my only bike riding trail 3-4 times a week and big stuff 1-2 times a week and it's fine. It pedals fine seated although you gotta use a lot of body language on techy steep climbs. It's obviously a lot of bike on general trail stuff, but again, fine assuming you're not trying to PR stuff. Although I sold the FEX because of the overlap with the Wreck, I wound up building a 2020 Top Fuel with a 130 pike. That's sorta an ideal combo for my riding. Give you get to the park a few times a month, assuming you don't care about total trail efficiency I think just the Wreck would be fine.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
I feel like the wreckoning makes a good all around bike, like yes it can handle park laps for sure and no it's not 25 lbs, but its totally comfortable doing more pedaling, i took it on a 20 mile ride on sunday no problems. in those instances as well i think the wreckoning gives you an edge over other bikes because you can really just go way faster, of course that depends on the trail you're riding, but on longer descents i can get my wreckoning up to 35 mph on chunky singletrack and the bike just feels like it wants to go even faster at that point (of course, i run out of courage beyond that haha).

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
Hi all, I'm sure this question has been posed before, I just can't seem to find it.

I have an O.G. not LB Evil Insurgent and recently lost my chain guide. Am I able to get something different, possibly with a bash guard integrated? I am aware of the E13 specific under bash guard, but since I'm buying a new chain guide any way I was wondering if the One up or similar solutions would work? It seems like the holes are in a funky arrangement, but this is the first bash guard I've put on a bike.

TIA
Cheers,

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
cbphilp wrote:
Hi all, I'm sure this question has been posed before, I just can't seem to find it.

I have an O.G. not LB Evil Insurgent and recently lost my chain guide. Am I able to get something different, possibly with a bash guard integrated? I am aware of the E13 specific under bash guard, but since I'm buying a new chain guide any way I was wondering if the One up or similar solutions would work? It seems like the holes are in a funky arrangement, but this is the first bash guard I've put on a bike.

TIA
Cheers,

Here's the top guide:

https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/evil-upper-guide-for-insurgent?gclid=CjwKCAjwzIH7BRAbEiwAoDxxTnvwDKrQ4DGJPrBgsoniRvN-YU1cGjusgK2Nv1H4baLYt8W2oijC8hoCzWQQAvD_BwE

Any bottom bash guard with ISCG-05 will fit

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
TomGun77 wrote:

The posters above got it... It's a great bike, and surprisingly versatile. Does it pedal "good enough" to be your only bike? Sure, it does. But that's VERY subjective. Good enough for me may not be good enough for you.
Going back and forth between the Wrecker and Django (140/120) definitely reminds you of the difference. It pedals great for a 34lb 170/166 bike. But it's still a big bike. The short chain stays make a huge difference in making it feel smaller. It's much snappier and poppier than you'd expect a bike like this to be.
As much as I love this bike, I'd say that if you're only hitting the big boy stuff a few times a year, it would pay to just rent. Fresh bike, no maintenance, keep your main ride in good shape, have a trail bike for trail riding, spend a shit load less.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 18:04 Quote
Hi all! Cleaning out some parts today I came across my Works components 1 degree headset. Just giving a heads up in here if anyone is looking for one

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2885281/

Hope this is allowed.

Miss my Offering and how it jumped!

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
Anyone mullet an insurgent. I was thinking of running it in xlow with a 150mm 29er fork up front. Anyone have experience?

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 23:45 Quote
Great answers, thanks guysBig Grin

My current FEX is size M/L and fits great.
I'm 177cm (I think that's 5'10) and around 79kg (175Ibs), would the best choice be a size M in the Wreck?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 2:47 Quote
Abacall wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Abacall wrote:
photo

Will you link me to a YouTube when you get one up with the wreckoning please.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Abacall wrote:
photo

I am coming from 650b and looking at the 2021 Wreckening. I like my bike for the pop and play but it is short and with a 67 degree HA it is a little outgunned on the north shore.

How does the evil manual, jib/jump, and generally maneuver on slow tech i.e. skinnies to drop or teeter totter?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018129
Mobile Version of Website