Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 8:30 Quote
no offense but at 6ft you are a large on pretty much any bike

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

I would agree. I'm almost 5'11" and had a large Insurgent. I now have a large Offering after making the mistake of getting a medium. The large feels much better to me.
If you are trying to decide between the Insurgent and Offering, IMO it comes down to which wheel size you prefer. I loved my Insurgent, but wanted to go 29. No regrets moving to the Offering from the Insurgent.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders
I am looking for recommendations on sizing... I am right at the 6 foot mark, who else is on the cusp of M or L and what size of Insurgent LB do you ride??

And are any of the Evil riders liking the Offering more than the Insurgent LB

I'm on the cusp on bikes and sizes.

Thanks very much for any input on this vexing dilemma.

at 6' my first insurgent v1 was a med, then I rode a large, bought a large. sold that and got a L calling, which is tiny compared to a L insurgent. probably gonna get a L offering as the reach is 491mm, it's 1mm longer in reach than my honzo esd. I have a very high ape index, my inseam is 32ish but im all torso and arms, finding a bike that fits me has been a pain in tha ass. I love the long reach numbers of XL frames but the seattube kills me being too tall. im gonna rip the honzo this season, hold off on a full suspension and see what bikes come up for sale.

TLDR; get the large!

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders
I am looking for recommendations on sizing... I am right at the 6 foot mark, who else is on the cusp of M or L and what size of Insurgent LB do you ride??

Go for the large. I had a Medium Insurgent and I’m 5’7. It felt a bit cramped. At 6’, definitely go with large.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
Awesome, thanks! I'll give the current a go Smile

CascadesRider wrote:
modvelo wrote:
I've just bought the 1.5 angleset for my wrekoning LB, wondering what travel fork people are running?
I'm currently on a 160 Fox 36. Not sure If I should change my air spring to a 170 to bring the front end up a little after slackening the fork. Thoughts?

ninjatarian wrote:

Agreed, it’s a better solution than slacking everything. I had a 1.5* in my Ripley and it worked beautifully to slack and lengthen the bike while actually steepening the pedaling position to keep the front end down. I may do the 1* if I don’t jive with the “low” setting on my build.

My Wreckoning LB has a 1 degree angle set and I've run both a 170mm Fox 36 and now a 160mm Zeb - they both worked well, you really can't tell too much. In my head the 160mm Zeb has a steeper STA for grinding up climbs - I would suggest trying the current fork first.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 0:53 Quote
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders

I am 5.10 and decided to go for the medium one. 460-470 reach is perfect for my size... with the new geometries it is more a preference thing.

Like do you prefer to have a slim fit bike or a little bit lose. You will definitely do well on the large bike. ????

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders

6’ here and went with the XL Insurgent

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
y9pema wrote:
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders

at 6' my first insurgent v1 was a med, then I rode a large, bought a large. sold that and got a L calling, which is tiny compared to a L insurgent. probably gonna get a L offering as the reach is 491mm, it's 1mm longer in reach than my honzo esd. I have a very high ape index, my inseam is 32ish but im all torso and arms, finding a bike that fits me has been a pain in tha ass. I love the long reach numbers of XL frames but the seattube kills me being too tall. im gonna rip the honzo this season, hold off on a full suspension and see what bikes come up for sale.

TLDR; get the large!

Thank you y9pema, Fredro, and Newbermuda, and everyone your input helps very much.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
661lee wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

I would agree. I'm almost 5'11" and had a large Insurgent. I now have a large Offering after making the mistake of getting a medium. The large feels much better to me.
If you are trying to decide between the Insurgent and Offering, IMO it comes down to which wheel size you prefer. I loved my Insurgent, but wanted to go 29. No regrets moving to the Offering from the Insurgent.

I just came from a 29er and wanted better cornering and really more travel. I was curious if the offering was just as capable at the rough and steep as the insurgent. It’s only .5” difference in travel. I like the fact I can run either size wheel on the offering. But the price on the insurgent is very attractive. I went more xc on my last bike and don’t want to make that mistake again. Lol.
Thanks for all your input.
Much appreciated

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
Anyone have any expeirence parting out a Caynon. I want to part out a Caynon Spectral CF 9 and and put all the parts on an Offering. I have checked the fork offset and it matches, as does the Seatpost diameter. I want to get an XL Caynon and an L Evil so the fork is more than long enough. I am aware that the Caynon is Boost 148 and the Evil is superboost 157 so I would sell my cranks and by a hub boost to superboost adapter. Any other problems I might run into to.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Anyone have any expeirence parting out a Caynon. I want to part out a Caynon Spectral CF 9 and and put all the parts on an Offering. I have checked the fork offset and it matches, as does the Seatpost diameter. I want to get an XL Caynon and an L Evil so the fork is more than long enough. I am aware that the Caynon is Boost 148 and the Evil is superboost 157 so I would sell my cranks and by a hub boost to superboost adapter. Any other problems I might run into to.
Headset could be an issue? not really sure however.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
I thought frame sets came with headsets and those are relatively cheap

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
I thought frame sets came with headsets and those are relatively cheap
Ok cool you should be good then. Just making sure cause some bike brands don’t include headsets with the frame only option

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Also, I was wondering your opinion on a bike. I ride my local trail every once in a while, I have a trail bike that I use for that, but probably once a while I go to the bike park and I do a short enduro-like run about every two weeks. By enduro run I mean I climb about 3,000 ft then descend 3,000ft on a downhill like run in my neighborhood. Of recent, I've felt like my trail bike can't keep up on the downhill at high speeds. It has older geometry 68 HT 73 ST. I'm looking to get a new bike. I want something that I can pedal decently but also have a lot of fun on the downhill. So Evil Wreckoning V3 or Evil Offering V2, I'm not sure which to pick. I've heard the Offering pedals and descends really well. But I've also heard the Wreckoning pedals surprisingly well and goes downhill like a DH bike but with the short chainstays, it's surprisedly nimble.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 20:06 Quote
PisteRider wrote:
Insurgent LB riders

Large! I'm 6' also and on an Offering, I honestly feel like I could go with an XL.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015012
Mobile Version of Website