Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Also, I was wondering your opinion on a bike. I ride my local trail every once in a while, I have a trail bike that I use for that, but probably once a while I go to the bike park and I do a short enduro-like run about every two weeks. By enduro run I mean I climb about 3,000 ft then descend 3,000ft on a downhill like run in my neighborhood. Of recent, I've felt like my trail bike can't keep up on the downhill at high speeds. It has older geometry 68 HT 73 ST. I'm looking to get a new bike. I want something that I can pedal decently but also have a lot of fun on the downhill. So Evil Wreckoning V3 or Evil Offering V2, I'm not sure which to pick. I've heard the Offering pedals and descends really well. But I've also heard the Wreckoning pedals surprisingly well and goes downhill like a DH bike but with the short chainstays, it's surprisedly nimble.

if you live in the bay area i think youll be fine with the offering.

Edit; didnt realize you were keeping your current bike. The wreckoning will be a good addition to that.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 21:51 Quote
Both should work great, but you have to ask yourself if you want more travel or not. Less is not always more after all. But I have riden one and heard about another and they both seem like great bikes.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
Depends how rowdy you get DH.. I can only speak of the earlier versions of both the Wreck and the Offering, but in comparing those two - the Offering gives up very little to the Wreck DH but is a much more efficient (and pleasant) climber than the v1 Wreck.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of your considerations - you have to ask yourself do you really need the ~170mm of the Wreck on the trails / pace you ride?

Kidklayko wrote:
Also, I was wondering your opinion on a bike. I ride my local trail every once in a while, I have a trail bike that I use for that, but probably once a while I go to the bike park and I do a short enduro-like run about every two weeks. By enduro run I mean I climb about 3,000 ft then descend 3,000ft on a downhill like run in my neighborhood. Of recent, I've felt like my trail bike can't keep up on the downhill at high speeds. It has older geometry 68 HT 73 ST. I'm looking to get a new bike. I want something that I can pedal decently but also have a lot of fun on the downhill. So Evil Wreckoning V3 or Evil Offering V2, I'm not sure which to pick. I've heard the Offering pedals and descends really well. But I've also heard the Wreckoning pedals surprisingly well and goes downhill like a DH bike but with the short chainstays, it's surprisedly nimble.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 22:21 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:

I have a following v3 and wrecking v3. If could only have one bike I would probably buy the offering but if you can keep your trail bike I would get the wreckoning. It is so capable and really does pedal well.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 5:46 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Vote for the Wrecker, especially if you have a trail bike already. Both bikes are awesome, and will actually be quite close in performance. The Wrecker will just feel more in control in rowdy situations, and still pedal damn well. Offering will feel a bit more lively, and easier to pedal up in most situations. Since you're mostly just pedaling up then riding down (like a lot of CO/UT rides) you just flip that level, spin up and blast down. If your rides were more up/down/up/down in nature, the Offering would be better.

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
My buddy had a Wrecker V2 (the new one) and had extensive time on my offering and calling and demos of the following and offering and preferred it to to either one for all around. He said it climbed way better than the Offering, but he also had an 11.6 on it! I can't comment on the ride because of the 11.6, I rode it a few time but I've got him by 60# so it didn't really work for me. Go for the Wrecker!

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 9:51 Quote
Yeah, thanks for the help, that's crazy he thought the wreckoning climbed better with 11.6 coil! I mean I guess push makes probably the best coils but that's still nuts. I've looked at going with a coil, but most of my climbs are long and on a rode, so it would make sense to have a lockout. So I would probably order the wreckoning or offering in an X2. The new X2's have lockouts right? I can see a small 2 pos lever but I'm not sure and does the DHX2 come with one also? Any one have one? What's your experience with it? I've never gone coil is it easy to switch the coils out? DHX2 or ElevenSix?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0349/7357/products/RS9349_94d77586-a79a-4d6b-a417-892f97773745_x1024.jpg?v=1589843588

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0349/7357/products/RS9343_3a00187d-32b2-4ba7-9a7c-c2908bc7a369_x1024.jpg?v=1589843471

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Yeah, thanks for the help, that's crazy he thought the wreckoning climbed better with 11.6 coil! I mean I guess push makes probably the best coils but that's still nuts. I've looked at going with a coil, but most of my climbs are long and on a rode, so it would make sense to have a lockout. So I would probably order the wreckoning or offering in an X2. The new X2's have lockouts right? I can see a small 2 pos lever but I'm not sure and does the DHX2 come with one also? Any one have one? What's your experience with it? I've never gone coil is it easy to switch the coils out? DHX2 or ElevenSix?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0349/7357/products/RS9349_94d77586-a79a-4d6b-a417-892f97773745_x1024.jpg?v=1589843588

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0349/7357/products/RS9343_3a00187d-32b2-4ba7-9a7c-c2908bc7a369_x1024.jpg?v=1589843471

My 2021 X2 does not lock out.

The 11/6 is amazing. Get the wreck and 11/6

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 16:41 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

My 2021 X2 does not lock out.

The 11/6 is amazing. Get the wreck and 11/6

There are two versions of the x2 available one with a climb switch and one without. The latter is aimed toward dh riders and doesn’t come in the smaller metric sizes.

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:

I have the V3 wrecker with a 11.6. Amazing combo, and yes it climbs great. It’s still a big bike, and on technical climbs it feels a bit more cumbersome than a smaller bike. No getting around the extra weight, heavier tires, longer reach. On a road, it feels the same (to me) as any other bike of the same weight.
Almost all new coils that will fit will have a lockout. The 11.6 lets you tune the lockout, meaning you have the ability to run two different custom shock tunes on it. One for smashing, and one for trail/pedaling. Swapping coils is easy, takes like 5 minutes. But once you have a spring that works, it’s highly unlikely you’ll swap it.
The new Wrecker WILL NOT WORK WITH AIR. I’ve spoken with Evil about this, and unless you’ve a heavyweight, hucking large hits, the super progressive rate will not play well. That bike was designed for a coil. And honestly, the stock RSSD coil on there has a great stock tune. I wouldn’t swap it unless you get the 11.6.

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 23:42 Quote
wllmd wrote:
jor4s wrote:
wllmd wrote:

Why does this look so super slack???

Because it is super slack! Big Grin

Do you have an angled headset?

No standard cane creek that came with the frame.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Hey fellas.

I just put in a 1.5 deg works components angle headset on the V3 wrek

The bottom bearings are deeper in than the stock headset. I’m running a dual crown adapter. Does anyone know of a tall or thick tapered headset to dual crown race?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hello everybody.
I have a V3 following and a 2019 YT Capra.
Anyone here ever spend much time on a Capra and on the new V3 Wrecker? How do they compare, climbing, and descending? I am considering selling the Capra and getting a new Wrecker (probably GX or XT build unless anyone here has some good reason I should spend more) so any feedback is appreciated.

I’m also pretty busy with work, and have a few more hobbies than I realistically have time for. So I have also lightly toyed with the idea of selling the Following and the Capra and getting an offering and having a push 11.6 and and air shock and just being able to swap between The two for different rides. Is this crazy?

I also had a pretty decent back surgery recently and am still in recovery 6 months later with no riding. (Hopefully back in a month or 2) So some of my motivation for the offering being my main steed is the extra suspension cushion for my back. Is that crazy?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Abacall wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

I have the V3 wrecker with a 11.6. Amazing combo, and yes it climbs great. It’s still a big bike, and on technical climbs it feels a bit more cumbersome than a smaller bike. No getting around the extra weight, heavier tires, longer reach. On a road, it feels the same (to me) as any other bike of the same weight.
Almost all new coils that will fit will have a lockout. The 11.6 lets you tune the lockout, meaning you have the ability to run two different custom shock tunes on it. One for smashing, and one for trail/pedaling. Swapping coils is easy, takes like 5 minutes. But once you have a spring that works, it’s highly unlikely you’ll swap it.
The new Wrecker WILL NOT WORK WITH AIR. I’ve spoken with Evil about this, and unless you’ve a heavyweight, hucking large hits, the super progressive rate will not play well. That bike was designed for a coil. And honestly, the stock RSSD coil on there has a great stock tune. I wouldn’t swap it unless you get the 11.6.

Yeah, that's weird though that it is only coil compatible, because on Fanatik it gives you the option to put an X2 in the back https://www.fanatikbike.com/products/bike-builder

I think I might go with an offering with a 160 fork and a coil. Hopefully Cascade might make a v2 offering link to make it bridge the gap a little more between the wreckoning and the offering. I've also looked at the wreckoning with a 160 fork, But it seems kind of unbalanced given it seems the 170 seems like a "why not?"

Also is the DHX2 like a cheaper 11.6, It looks like it has a descent amount of adjustments just half the price of the push.
Which coil do you prefer DHX2 or Super Deluxe coil?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007075
Mobile Version of Website