Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
I wish my following was offered in a fun colour like that. Really miss my yellow Ibis. Looks sharp!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 5:57 Quote
Wictorcarlsson wrote:





finally somewhat done, slap on a chain and its good to go !
She’s a beaut bro!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
hani12 wrote:
I am looking forward to a rapid thaw her in the NE east to get more time on the new offering.

Wondering if/what anyone is using as rear fender to keep mud away from the main pivot. If there is some other thread on this I have not found it. A diy front fender i have hanging around doesn't seem too shabby, clearance for the sock 2.3 tire is fine, but I was planning on putting a 2.5 or 2.6 back thereSmile



This is the rear fender I made for my old Revolt, back in the days (now I have an Undead with her own proper rear fender).
It worked brilliantly:

Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender
Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender

Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender
Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender

Hope it helps

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Climbed man mountain.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
If anyone near AZ is looking for an offering in a large, my LBS just got one in.

Spartan Rides in Chandler, AZ

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
I got a frank the tank Large offering off Backcountry a few months ago. Took 4 months for my I9 wheels to come in!.
In the meantime the frame sat in the box.
Long story short Backcountry repackages the frames into their own boxes, and somehow my headset bearings are MIA.
Backcountry says thats impossible but obviously it isnt.

Does anyone know what replacement bearings I need to order? These headsets are sold out everywhere.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
owlie wrote:
I got a frank the tank Large offering off Backcountry a few months ago. Took 4 months for my I9 wheels to come in!.
In the meantime the frame sat in the box.
Long story short Backcountry repackages the frames into their own boxes, and somehow my headset bearings are MIA.
Backcountry says thats impossible but obviously it isnt.

Does anyone know what replacement bearings I need to order? These headsets are sold out everywhere.

Headset
FSA Integrated Tapered No.57/68 Upper Bearing 30.2x41x6.5 36˚/45˚ Lower Bearing 40×51.8×8 36˚/45˚
Or
Cane creek 110 ZS44/ZS62

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
Last check Fanatik had works components anglesets in stock for Evils. Been waiting for a 110 to come in stock for a couple months for my build.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Bubiz wrote:
hani12 wrote:
I am looking forward to a rapid thaw her in the NE east to get more time on the new offering.

Wondering if/what anyone is using as rear fender to keep mud away from the main pivot. If there is some other thread on this I have not found it. A diy front fender i have hanging around doesn't seem too shabby, clearance for the sock 2.3 tire is fine, but I was planning on putting a 2.5 or 2.6 back thereSmile



This is the rear fender I made for my old Revolt, back in the days (now I have an Undead with her own proper rear fender).
It worked brilliantly:

Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender
Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender

Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender
Evil Revolt - DIY rear fender

Hope it helps

I'm using a cut down mud hugger shorty on my V3 Wreckoning and it seems to be doing the trick so far.


Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 3:29 Quote
Guys, I want to hear some opinions! I need a new bike for 2021 asap as I sold my previous bike already.

It needs to do everything, bike park, enduro trails, flow trails and home trails! Since I used to always own a DH bike and a trail bike, I want the new bike to be really capable.

I have a 2021 Propain Spindrift on order but it won't arrive before June and can still be canceled. I can prob get a Wreckoning V3 GX built with updated Code RSC within the next 3 weeks. A 2021 Trek Slash 9.8XT would be available right now.

I like the Wreck the best from reviews etc. but honestly haven't ridden any of them and its unlikely with everything out of stock in 2021 that I will find a bike i can actualy test ride AND buy before summer rly. starts.

Give me your 2 cents please on the 3 choices I have here. I believe real-life experience is as valuable as magazine tests.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
I have a 2020 gambler, 2020 stumpy, v3 wreck

I can visibility see that the wrek has less bob than my stump. I really don’t see why to have a trail bike now unless you’re racing xc and need that extra lightness. I thank any man sized rider would prefer this and due to being man sized the extra weight over a trail bike is nothing.

The gambler is usually borrowed by my friends to ride with me on the big stuff I am 99.999% on the wrek.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
Fuzzer wrote:
Guys, I want to hear some opinions! I need a new bike for 2021 asap as I sold my previous bike already.

It needs to do everything, bike park, enduro trails, flow trails and home trails! Since I used to always own a DH bike and a trail bike, I want the new bike to be really capable.

I have a 2021 Propain Spindrift on order but it won't arrive before June and can still be canceled. I can prob get a Wreckoning V3 GX built with updated Code RSC within the next 3 weeks. A 2021 Trek Slash 9.8XT would be available right now.

I like the Wreck the best from reviews etc. but honestly haven't ridden any of them and its unlikely with everything out of stock in 2021 that I will find a bike i can actualy test ride AND buy before summer rly. starts.

Give me your 2 cents please on the 3 choices I have here. I believe real-life experience is as valuable as magazine tests.

I had a Transition Scout and Transition TR500 before I got the Wreckoning with the intention to sell both and have 1 do it all bike. The Scout has sold but I'm struggling to sell the DH bike due to lack of demand and park being closed now. The Evil Wreckoning pedals better than my old Scout and as mentioned above pedal bob is very minimal. I was unsure about the move to 29" wheels and for me it still feels a bit big and clumsy on the 2 short local rides that I have been on. (I guess I'll get used to it in time) I can't wait to get it to a proper bike park for some uplifts and so how it handles the bigger, faster and more technical stuff.
I bought it bling having not test ridden or demon's it but after hearing reviews from friend and reading/ watching online articles I was sold.
Not sure if that's much use to you as I haven't ridden your 2 other options to be able to provide a comparison.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 6:48 Quote
Fuzzer wrote:
Guys, I want to hear some opinions! I need a new bike for 2021 asap as I sold my previous bike already.

It needs to do everything, bike park, enduro trails, flow trails and home trails! Since I used to always own a DH bike and a trail bike, I want the new bike to be really capable.

I have a 2021 Propain Spindrift on order but it won't arrive before June and can still be canceled. I can prob get a Wreckoning V3 GX built with updated Code RSC within the next 3 weeks. A 2021 Trek Slash 9.8XT would be available right now.

I like the Wreck the best from reviews etc. but honestly haven't ridden any of them and its unlikely with everything out of stock in 2021 that I will find a bike i can actualy test ride AND buy before summer rly. starts.

Give me your 2 cents please on the 3 choices I have here. I believe real-life experience is as valuable as magazine tests.

out of those three i would just wait for the propain, it'll likely blow the wreckoning out of the water on burly trails while being more efficient on more mellow stuff. the evils do pedal well, i tried the new following and it doesnt bob much, but the geometry could be a lot better. no opinion on trek, but id probably take a new slash before a new wreckoning.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 6:55 Quote
Mahalo my dudes.

I need a new BB and Crank for my 2016 Insurgent. I'm guilty of not keeping up with marketing buzz words so don't know the new 'standards' or ways they're trying to sell bikes at the moment.

What I do know is that my SRAM X1 keeps falling off Cry tightening to the correct torque, it'll last about 1 ride then come loose again. Somethings not right.

170mm crank arms in there. Would like SRAM still, it's a 1x11 bike. Does dub, boost, gpx, fp, bb etc come into it?

Kiaora Salute

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
Fuzzer wrote:
Guys, I want to hear some opinions! I need a new bike for 2021 asap as I sold my previous bike already.

It needs to do everything, bike park, enduro trails, flow trails and home trails! Since I used to always own a DH bike and a trail bike, I want the new bike to be really capable.

I have a 2021 Propain Spindrift on order but it won't arrive before June and can still be canceled. I can prob get a Wreckoning V3 GX built with updated Code RSC within the next 3 weeks. A 2021 Trek Slash 9.8XT would be available right now.

I like the Wreck the best from reviews etc. but honestly haven't ridden any of them and its unlikely with everything out of stock in 2021 that I will find a bike i can actualy test ride AND buy before summer rly. starts.

Give me your 2 cents please on the 3 choices I have here. I believe real-life experience is as valuable as magazine tests.

Pretty cool that you can customize the propain. I would get the bike you can get now and will enjoy or get a N+1 hardtail, DJ, or more crosscountry bike that will feel different that the bruiser of a DH machine. With the N+1 bike you can get out and ride ASAP and still hold out for the dream bike.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013841
Mobile Version of Website