Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 15:07 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
Abacall wrote:
Nothing here. Could it be your cables rattling against each other?

All external cables are clipped together with spacers. I’ve tried all manner of holding, tugging, yanking and I think it is inside the frame.
Annoying because silence is golden, hence the Onyx hubs.
You may be getting some rattle from the cables against the openings into the frame. The Wrecker came with a couple plastic pieces for the cable exits under the top tube, but none for the entrances at the head tube or seat stays.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
fredro wrote:
I'm riding onyx hubs with full AXS.....Silence is golden!

building a new offering frame right now. i decided to go full brat and bought axs and an axs reverb to limit any extra noise. hopefully it pays off. i am neurotic about a noisy bike.

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
Good choice. No cables are neat and quiet. Shifting makes cool sound too if that means anything.

Clean look, no rattling actually makes you go faster too. It’s scientifically proven.

Jk.... but I do feel faster.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
V3 Wrecker rattles
I had been chasing an annoying noise for a while, thought it was my Saint fins. Velcro taped all around so they don’t shake anymore and still there.

I truly believe it is the internal routed cables now. If I ride while tugging gently on the cables from the head tube, the rattle subsides a bit.

Anyone else? It is to the point I’d consider selling the bike.

Had this same issue on my new Offering. Even bouncing up and down while sitting on the seat caused the internal cable rattle. It’s coming from the smaller shifter cable. Get the rear brake and shifter cable to where you want them to be as they exit the top tube (I wanted mine to have equal slack). Wrap electrical tape around the cable a few times so the cable cannot slide back up into the frame. Then go up to the entry port on the head tube, pull the cables snug to remove all slack inside the top tube, and wrap the two cables together using electrical tape. This will get rid of your noise. And you won’t be able to see the electrical tape from a short distance away.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 7:50 Quote
Folks that were striking out on headsets, Evil’s site has CC 70 series available now as well as bearing only upgrades.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
midwest-division wrote:

Had this same issue on my new Offering. Even bouncing up and down while sitting on the seat caused the internal cable rattle. It’s coming from the smaller shifter cable. Get the rear brake and shifter cable to where you want them to be as they exit the top tube (I wanted mine to have equal slack). Wrap electrical tape around the cable a few times so the cable cannot slide back up into the frame. Then go up to the entry port on the head tube, pull the cables snug to remove all slack inside the top tube, and wrap the two cables together using electrical tape. This will get rid of your noise. And you won’t be able to see the electrical tape from a short distance away.

Thanks! When I get some time, I’m going to try this. If not, I may regret it but I’d drink a few beers and hit the internals with spray foam

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Hey guys! Adding a Wrecker LB to the stable. I just want to know if anyone has tried to run 27.5+ In the V2 Wrecker? I know they have the tire bulge. I just would like to know the tolerances and of anyone who as ACTUALLY mounted this combo up.

Cheers!

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:31 Quote
coltybear15 wrote:
Hey guys! Adding a Wrecker LB to the stable. I just want to know if anyone has tried to run 27.5+ In the V2 Wrecker? I know they have the tire bulge. I just would like to know the tolerances and of anyone who as ACTUALLY mounted this combo up.

Cheers!

Aggy did for Redbull rampage.

EDIT: Just saw that you said 27.5+, I don't believe it's possible to run anything larger than a 2.5" wide tire in the back.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-aggys-evil-wreckoning-lb-the-only-trail-bike-at-rampage-2019.html

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 20:03 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:
coltybear15 wrote:

Cheers!

Aggy did for Redbull rampage.

EDIT: Just saw that you said 27.5+, I don't believe it's possible to run anything larger than a 2.5" wide tire in the back.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/bike-check-aggys-evil-wreckoning-lb-the-only-trail-bike-at-rampage-2019.html

But shouldn’t the plus tire on a smaller rim push it forward into the tire bulge?
Hence why 29er forks are ALSO 27.5+ forks?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Extremely important question: Coral Reefer with the 2021 red XO1 cranks? Or grey?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 15:19 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
Grey all the way
This.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Got news that my frameset has been delayed till late June, woohoo! Whip

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
soloknight6 wrote:

What frame?

I was going to pull the trigger on a Yeti ARC, but even those are all gone now. Literally no frames of any kind available anywhere. Tax returns & stimulus money cleaned everything out.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
soloknight6 wrote:

What frame?

I was going to pull the trigger on a Yeti ARC, but even those are all gone now. Literally no frames of any kind available anywhere. Tax returns & stimulus money cleaned everything out.

The bike shop has some Wreckonings on order from Evil that were due to arrive at the end of this month, Evil called them and told them they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order until June. They gave me the option to cancel my order and free up the frameset for someone else, with how things are going, I said I would wait patiently haha.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006230
Mobile Version of Website