Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
Hey yall, wondering if anyone know where I could find geo specs for my offering v1. It has the 150mm fork instead of 140 thats on the website.

Posted: May 5, 2021 at 16:59 Quote
Kepper wrote:
Hey yall, wondering if anyone know where I could find geo specs for my offering v1. It has the 150mm fork instead of 140 thats on the website.
https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/evil-the-offering-2019/

O+
Posted: May 5, 2021 at 18:51 Quote
Been racking up the miles in the Offering V2. The las four years I’ve been on a pretty capable Chromag Rootdown telling myself I’m riding everything I would be on a FS. Now coming to realize oh yeah but not nearly as fast and hard as or with as much fun as I could beSmile . Still love my Chromag and will get back on in someday.

That said I’m looking to put an EXT Storia on the back and some coil conversion up front. But as I’ve been thinking about the fork I’m liking the Lyrik but not loving it, the way I’ve loved my 36 in the past. While it be a no brainer to swap out for 36, now I’m wonder if others are running a 38 or a Zeb on the offering. Would love to hear how that affects the balance of the bike etc.

photo

photo

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
Hiya guys,
ive got a 2018 Evil Wreckoning and was wondering how you guys manage to fit a rear mud guard on or do you ride without and if so is it chippy ?
I have ridden with the guard but every now and then it catches as their really isn't a lot of room for a guard.
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 9:43 Quote
Kepper wrote:

Saved a copy of this for mine...

photo

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Oliver-J wrote:
Hiya guys,
ive got a 2018 Evil Wreckoning and was wondering how you guys manage to fit a rear mud guard on or do you ride without and if so is it chippy ?
I have ridden with the guard but every now and then it catches as their really isn't a lot of room for a guard.
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

When I had my V2 Wreckoning, no mud guard but there isn't much moisture where I ride. LOTS of paint chunks missing and carbon showing from rocks that like to go into that little squeeze zone. It got stolen so the next rider will have to deal with it.
V3 Wrecker ... same issue. Doesn't concern me anymore, so many rock chunks out of the frame already, clean through the RideWrap.

Problem with trying to prevent something from going in is you sometimes get the anomaly stuck in that has crept through the gates.

Posted: May 6, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
Oliver-J wrote:
Hiya guys,
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

Like this?
photo

I put a chunk of 3m mastic tape at the top after a year of riding. It adds some thickness and knocks rocks out of tread before getting sucked through. Tons of scratches already there obviously, but it did slow down the rate of new ones. Pretty SOL for a mudguard, though.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 4:29 Quote
Hey guys, I know this is a long shot but does anyone know the seatpost insertion depth on a medium following V1, I’m trying to fit an AXS dropper in and need to know the length. Furthermore is anyone selling a Following MB frame as I’m a chunky bastard from the U.K. and the piggyback shock and added much clearance would be sick

O+
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
Oliver-J wrote:
Hiya guys,
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

When I had my V2 Wreckoning, no mud guard but there isn't much moisture where I ride. LOTS of paint chunks missing and carbon showing from rocks that like to go into that little squeeze zone. It got stolen so the next rider will have to deal with it.
V3 Wrecker ... same issue. Doesn't concern me anymore, so many rock chunks out of the frame already, clean through the RideWrap.

Problem with trying to prevent something from going in is you sometimes get the anomaly stuck in that has crept through the gates.
Weird, I got a rear mud guard on the V3 Wrecker no problem. Helps a ton.
photo

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
Oliver-J wrote:
Hiya guys,
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

Like this?
photo

I put a chunk of 3m mastic tape at the top after a year of riding. It adds some thickness and knocks rocks out of tread before getting sucked through. Tons of scratches already there obviously, but it did slow down the rate of new ones. Pretty SOL for a mudguard, though.

The way I counter it on my following is some heli tape down there and check every now and again

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
Oliver-J wrote:
Hiya guys,
any recommendations?
cheers guys
ollie

Cheers guys , great help.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
It's Chamois Hagar day!

Posted: May 9, 2021 at 12:13 Quote
RusMan wrote:
It's Chamois Hagar day!

Nice, I've been very curious about one. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
mhoa wrote:
RusMan wrote:
It's Chamois Hagar day!

Nice, I've been very curious about one. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

It's ever bit as cool as I thought it would be! Even with the Shimano drivetrain!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024977
Mobile Version of Website