Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 16:23 Quote
RideWrap wrote:
With the new Evil Insurgent released a few days back, we made sure to get our hands on them right away so we could design a tailored kit to keep them looking fresh. If you're looking to get frame protection on yours look no further!

Check it out here:

Evil Insurgent Tailored Protection Kit

How different is the rear triangle compared to the wreckoning? I have a wreckoning v3 wrap kit but ended up with an insurgent v3 frame due to availability.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 17:27 Quote
Honest feedback RideWrap. Love your stuff, but had to go with your competition since you didn’t have a kit for the Offering in Small. Looks the same for the Insurgent.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 19:23 Quote
Edylan wrote:
I have a V3 Wrecker, with a chance to pick up the new Insurgent. I'd swap the parts over and then sell the Wrecker frame. I can't figure out if this is smart or not. Realize it's largely personal preference but curious if anyone has any thoughts to share.

This is my 2nd bigger bike, to complement a hardtail (soon to be a Following). I happily ride the Wrecker on big pedal days today as long as it gets me to the downhill. And also enjoy some bike park.

Thanks for your input!

Check out the Beta Tests video, but apparently the Insurgent and Wrecker use the same front triangle and have the same travel. So it’s literally the same bike, just 27.5/mullet or dedicated 29.

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:48 Quote
Edylan wrote:
I have a V3 Wrecker, with a chance to pick up the new Insurgent. I'd swap the parts over and then sell the Wrecker frame. I can't figure out if this is smart or not. Realize it's largely personal preference but curious if anyone has any thoughts to share.

This is my 2nd bigger bike, to complement a hardtail (soon to be a Following). I happily ride the Wrecker on big pedal days today as long as it gets me to the downhill. And also enjoy some bike park.

Thanks for your input!
I hear you man! I'm in the exact same boat, with a V3 Wrecker that I love and thinking about picking up the Insurgent. I think it comes down to a few factors, at least how I see it:
1. Are you a shorter guy who buzzes his butt on the regular?
2. Are you riding more really steep trails than not?
3. Do you like ride like a hooligan, throwing the bike around?
4. Are your rides typically all about the DH or a mix?

For all the above I would answer yes, except that I like the longer rides as well. I have a 27.5 wheel that I bought a spacer kit, hub adapter, and tire for. I'm going to throw that on the Wrecker first, in LO mode, to see how that effects the bike and feel. That would get me really close to the Insurgent. Getting the Insurgent instead will really just change the BB height and seat tube angle, so if it rides well and those are my only complaints, I'll get the insurgent.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Edylan wrote:

Thanks for your input!
I hear you man! I'm in the exact same boat, with a V3 Wrecker that I love and thinking about picking up the Insurgent. I think it comes down to a few factors, at least how I see it:
1. Are you a shorter guy who buzzes his butt on the regular?
2. Are you riding more really steep trails than not?
3. Do you like ride like a hooligan, throwing the bike around?
4. Are your rides typically all about the DH or a mix?

For all the above I would answer yes, except that I like the longer rides as well. I have a 27.5 wheel that I bought a spacer kit, hub adapter, and tire for. I'm going to throw that on the Wrecker first, in LO mode, to see how that effects the bike and feel. That would get me really close to the Insurgent. Getting the Insurgent instead will really just change the BB height and seat tube angle, so if it rides well and those are my only complaints, I'll get the insurgent.

Hell yeah. Next weeks I’m gonna mullet my wrek and see how that goes. Wish I didn’t go for the 170mm cranks. Aggy I heard said it’s only for park like that.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
Cant decide between Offering and Wreckoning. How capable is offering? Does it hover over terrain or its really just trail bike with 140mm travel?

I am also considering Stumpy Evo 2021 and new YT Capra

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 6:14 Quote
Demiourgos wrote:
Cant decide between Offering and Wreckoning. How capable is offering? Does it hover over terrain or its really just trail bike with 140mm travel?

Very much dependent on your terrain, riding style, ride types, etc. Perhaps some info on what you mostly ride and how would help us make a good suggestion.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Demiourgos wrote:

I had a Jeffsy riding all over BC and it cracked in the down tube and chain stay. I then spent over 6 months fighting to get the warranty claim.

If you want something that has good dollar value then try Giant, maybe a reign SX and upgrade the drivetrain, wheels, and brakes as you go.

Gotta ask yourself what you ride 90% of the time. Flow/jib or slow speed tech I would get the Offering but high speed and steep chunk I would get the Wreckoning. You can also get the Wreckoning then a cheap steep hardtail to balance the days you want to slow down.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
from what I've heard the wreckoning is pretty much the move over the offering 99% of the time. if you're looking at big bikes you may as well just go bigger, everyone ive talked to about it says its incredibly versatile.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:30 Quote
I have never ridden the offering except in a parking lot, but I did demo the Wreckoning and got a decent ride in on it on a trail I am very familiar with, pedals better than my old jeffsy, way way better than my capra, and was very plush while also being poppy, that being said I ordered a wreckoning that day, should be here in 3 days if there are no more delays, I also have a following V3 as well for different days of riding, but the wreckoning impressed me with its versatility. Its probably what I would recommend, the Evils are amazing.
newbermuda wrote:
from what I've heard the wreckoning is pretty much the move over the offering 99% of the time. if you're looking at big bikes you may as well just go bigger, everyone ive talked to about it says its incredibly versatile.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
So would you guys say the Wreckoning does not feel like a long travel bike?

I have been chasing bigger and bigger rigs the past 3-4 years (Santa Cruz V1 Hightower ---> Norco Range ---> Spec. Enduro), and recently got a Norco Optic. That Optic absolutely can keep up with enduro rigs and has completely transformed my thinking of needing long travel bikes. I really like the lively more precise feel smaller rigs have, and they are much easier to pedal for 4-5 hours. This is how I convinced myself that an Offering would be my enduro race rig for next year.

For those that have an offering do you feel like it can keep up with the big rigs? How do you find it rides?

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
i just talked to a guy this morning who has a new 2022 enduro, and he tried the v3 wreckoning as well. He said they were very different bikes despite having basically the same amount of suspension and nearly the same geo. Wreckoning climbed almost too good and was very versatile feeling; poppy and playful rather than just a plow machine, but still had the extra travel for drops if needed. on the other hand, enduro is a plow machine through and through. He went with the enduro solely because he couldn't get a wreckoning frame till 2022.

The new optic has geometry of a long travel bike but in 120mm package, so i wouldn't assume that all shorter travel bikes will be the same. Offering has steeper head angle than the optic and slightly more travel but really the geometry of the optic is what allows it to keep up. If you like that, you should get something with similar geometry in a mid-travel package, or just try and get a wreckoning and use the climb switch on the shock for long days.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
Totally agree with the above on the versatility of the Wrecker. I have a V3 w/the Push coil on it and it's great for almost everything I do.
I'd add that the Push actually makes it more versalirte since it has the tunable second circuit. I tuned one circuit for all out DH runs, which makes it feel a bit more plowable than with the RS. And the second for trail mode (not just climbing), which makes it feel like a snappier-poppier mid-travel bike.
Still, on flatter trails it's overkill. Having a shorter, steeper, lighter bike is more fun in that terrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017292
Mobile Version of Website