Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 7:57 Quote
Has anyone run both coil and X2 on their Wreckoning V3? Would love to hear your thoughts/comparisons.

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 16:21 Quote
Hi guys, apologies if this has been asked recently -
I'm thinking about buying an Evil the Calling as my next frame, and have seen a lot of concerns past Evil frames cracking in various places, followed by very poor customer service. What are your experiences with the strength of Evil bikes and their customer service?

Posted: Jun 24, 2021 at 19:07 Quote
Has anyone here ridden a 2020 Optic and a 2020 Offering? How do they compare? Is the offering more of an aggressive descender and the Optic more of a do it all trail bike?

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 13:56 Quote
Tomdrapes wrote:
I'm thinking about buying an Evil the Calling as my next frame, and have seen a lot of concerns past Evil frames cracking in various places, followed by very poor customer service. What are your experiences with the strength of Evil bikes and their customer service?

bought my calling used, ridden for 4 seasons, and 2 quickly crash warrantied rear triangle, evils customer service is top notch! My 2 cracks were on seatstay from slow tip overs on rocky terrain, didnt notice the first one for a few months bike did not ride any different, these are tough bikes.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
y9pema wrote:
Tomdrapes wrote:

bought my calling used, ridden for 4 seasons, and 2 quickly crash warrantied rear triangle, evils customer service is top notch! My 2 cracks were on seatstay from slow tip overs on rocky terrain, didnt notice the first one for a few months bike did not ride any different, these are tough bikes.

Thanks for your response, that definitely reassures me about the customer service.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
Go to minute 3:20 and see what happened. G-out with mid sized rider (maybe 200lbs) but the frame cracked at the lower water bottle mount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeeKj1h8U7w

Is this to be expected or based on your riding and experiences do most people on here feel their frames would have held up no problem? I am slightly worried as this is in an area near to me and I ride features like this regularly.

I am still patiently waiting for my wreckoning and am probably worrying for nothing.

Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
I would expect most any modern bike to survive that G out with no issues. Most places don’t feature obstacles that break bikes when ridden properly- it wouldn’t make much sense if they did.

This is likely a defective frame and the g out was the straw that broke the camels back. With that said, it still wasn’t a catastrophic failure, and the guy finished the ride. I would think a warranty claim would cover the front triangle in a situation like this.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I would expect most any modern bike to survive that G out with no issues. Most places don’t feature obstacles that break bikes when ridden properly- it wouldn’t make much sense if they did.

This is likely a defective frame and the g out was the straw that broke the camels back. With that said, it still wasn’t a catastrophic failure, and the guy finished the ride. I would think a warranty claim would cover the front triangle in a situation like this.

Thanks, I kinda figured but it is good to hear other peoples opinions especially those who have ridden the bike.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

ive come to realize that riding bikes is like 95% rider, 5% bike. a talented rider on a comfortable short travel set up will always be faster than someone inexperienced on the newest long travel bulldozer.

Also the sentinel is very much a plow bike. despite the rear travel number, those things are made to send.

I agree, but there is some shit I would never try on an XC rig but would have no problem on a Super Enduro / DH Bike. As for the Offering, I've heard from a lot of people that it is very very planted for a 140 rig. To be honest, this was kind of a letdown for me. While I love smashing rock gardens, I was hoping the V2 would be similar to the V1 or Pivot Switchblade and have a ton of pop.

Also, anyone ridden a new insurgent? Does it feel like a Wreckoning? I had a Wrecker on pre-order but I think I'm going to swap to the insurgent, Any big differences in the ride feel besides the wheel size of course.

P.S. The sentinel is for sure a ploughing machine just look at the Geo!

The sentinel is a sweet bike. I have wanted one for a while. Cheaper than Evils for sure.

At the end of the day the fastest bike is probably the one you own. Best save the $$, buy some beer, and ride what you have. Good thing bikes are completely sold out so it isn't even an option to buy one.

I have a carbon V1 Sentinel! Nothing wrong with it but I d love to try an Offering...

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 18:06 Quote
Pyres wrote:
a-prince wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

I agree, but there is some shit I would never try on an XC rig but would have no problem on a Super Enduro / DH Bike. As for the Offering, I've heard from a lot of people that it is very very planted for a 140 rig. To be honest, this was kind of a letdown for me. While I love smashing rock gardens, I was hoping the V2 would be similar to the V1 or Pivot Switchblade and have a ton of pop.

Also, anyone ridden a new insurgent? Does it feel like a Wreckoning? I had a Wrecker on pre-order but I think I'm going to swap to the insurgent, Any big differences in the ride feel besides the wheel size of course.

P.S. The sentinel is for sure a ploughing machine just look at the Geo!

The sentinel is a sweet bike. I have wanted one for a while. Cheaper than Evils for sure.

At the end of the day the fastest bike is probably the one you own. Best save the $$, buy some beer, and ride what you have. Good thing bikes are completely sold out so it isn't even an option to buy one.

I have a carbon V1 Sentinel! Nothing wrong with it but I d love to try an Offering...

Had a V2 Scout and V2 patrol. Great bikes backed by incredible customer service and post-purchase support, but nothing rides like an evil. The off the top sensitivity, mid-stroke support and bottomless feel of the delta link is unmatched by anything else I've ridden.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 18:38 Quote
Right on! You are making me super stoked. I found a large V1 Offering blackout frame for sale on Evo.com and impulse bought the shit out of it. I was holding out for the V2, but it doesn't seem that much different from the V1. Minor geo tweaks, and internal cable routing. Plus superboost spacing meant I needed a new rear wheel and cranks.

I'm swapping parts from my 2020 Optic, including a 150mm fox 36. If I like the bike enough I'll probably sell my enduro bike and throw my 38 on this bad boy and put a 160mm air spring in.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Right on! You are making me super stoked. I found a large V1 Offering blackout frame for sale on Evo.com and impulse bought the shit out of it. I was holding out for the V2, but it doesn't seem that much different from the V1. Minor geo tweaks, and internal cable routing. Plus superboost spacing meant I needed a new rear wheel and cranks.

I'm swapping parts from my 2020 Optic, including a 150mm fox 36. If I like the bike enough I'll probably sell my enduro bike and throw my 38 on this bad boy and put a 160mm air spring in.

I bet the V1 would be super nasty with a coil and a cascade link!

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 19:35 Quote
Clean the crap out of it with bike wash, then degreaser, then RideWrap or Invisiframe it. Dust and crap rinses off way easier.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Pyres wrote:

Had a V2 Scout and V2 patrol. Great bikes backed by incredible customer service and post-purchase support, but nothing rides like an evil. The off the top sensitivity, mid-stroke support and bottomless feel of the delta link is unmatched by anything else I've ridden.

Damm dude, that’s mean!!
Looking at the numbers the small frame would fit me like a glove, good tt length, perfect reach and playful wheelbase! I demoed an Insurgent 2 years ago,and never forgot that ride!

If I d get a V1 my current fork with a 44 offset is a no go. If I’d get a V2, my boost hope hub won’t fit superboost. But in the end, I just don’t have the balls to buy an Offering without a testride, something(almost) impossible nowadays.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014926
Mobile Version of Website