Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
Took my Offering out to Crested Butte for a quick weekend trip. Absolutely killer rig. I have a 150mm Fox 36 and riding in the "high" setting. Took her out to a bunch of the 2015 EWS Stages that are primarily moto trails, but rip on a mtb too.

My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?



Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 8:06 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Took my Offering out to Crested Butte for a quick weekend trip. Absolutely killer rig. I have a 150mm Fox 36 and riding in the "high" setting. Took her out to a bunch of the 2015 EWS Stages that are primarily moto trails, but rip on a mtb too.

My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?

Chain slap? What size chain ring do you have? I ordered a stfu for my insurgent v3 because I run a 30T and the chain likes to boogie.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
a-prince wrote:
Took my Offering out to Crested Butte for a quick weekend trip. Absolutely killer rig. I have a 150mm Fox 36 and riding in the "high" setting. Took her out to a bunch of the 2015 EWS Stages that are primarily moto trails, but rip on a mtb too.

My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?

Chain slap? What size chain ring do you have? I ordered a stfu for my insurgent v3 because I run a 30T and the chain likes to boogie.

32 T. I’ll pay attention on my ride today and see if I can identify it as chain slap.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 21:17 Quote
a-prince wrote:
My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?

On my previous Wrecker, I had a mystery knock. Turned out to the be the lower shock mount. The paint and carbon wore away and the opening grew by 2mm. The shock would slide side to side. Luckily it was stolen and now I have a V3.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 1:39 Quote
Just have to say, *knockknock, my v3 Insurgent is dead quiet, sheeesh.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
a-prince wrote:
My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?

On my previous Wrecker, I had a mystery knock. Turned out to the be the lower shock mount. The paint and carbon wore away and the opening grew by 2mm. The shock would slide side to side. Luckily it was stolen and now I have a V3.

Luckily it was stolen? Sheeshhh

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
a-prince wrote:
My one issue is I am getting a knocking noise when riding the bike that seems to be coming from the shock. I can't identify what it is. I have double and triple checked all the linkages and none are loose. I don't feel any play in the linkage at all. The bike feels solid but sounds scary. I can't replicate the knocking noise by compressing the suspension by hand. It only happens in rough/high speed terrain. Any thoughts?

On my previous Wrecker, I had a mystery knock. Turned out to the be the lower shock mount. The paint and carbon wore away and the opening grew by 2mm. The shock would slide side to side. Luckily it was stolen and now I have a V3.

I'm 90% sure the knocking noise I am getting is related to the linkage and the shock hardware. I took the shock off to put in some volume spacers and after I reassembled I have had the knocking issue.

Does anyone know where to get an exploded diagram of the V1 Offering?

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
Also had a knocking I couldn't identify for weeks, swore it was the shock. Mine was a loose cassette. Easy to check, just move it around by hand and see if it's loose.

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
a-prince wrote:
[
I'm 90% sure the knocking noise I am getting is related to the linkage and the shock hardware. I took the shock off to put in some volume spacers and after I reassembled I have had the knocking issue.

Does anyone know where to get an exploded diagram of the V1 Offering?

If you email Evil, they will send you whichever exploded view you want.
I got them printed up big for the workshop, wasn’t allowed to put it above the bed.

@coltybear15, stolen and well insured. Identical build but in the v3.

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 17:44 Quote
Does anyone know how to pre-order/reserve/buy an Insurgent frame only? called every shop here in WA and chatted with multiple online dealers. Its basically not possible till late next year or they just only carry fully built bikes.

Do I let the dream die Cry ?

Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
krau wrote:
Does anyone know how to pre-order/reserve/buy an Insurgent frame only? called every shop here in WA and chatted with multiple online dealers. Its basically not possible till late next year or they just only carry fully built bikes.

Do I let the dream die Cry ?

Call/email european and other international suppliers. I considered going that route when I was waiting for a wreckoning v3 but then I lucked up on an insurgent v3.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Call/email european and other international suppliers. I considered going that route when I was waiting for a wreckoning v3 but then I lucked up on an insurgent v3.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I looked into this, the price is just out of control though. $5k USD for a frame before vat + shipping. Uh no . If you have any international shops you can suggest, I'm all ears.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
krau wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
Call/email european and other international suppliers. I considered going that route when I was waiting for a wreckoning v3 but then I lucked up on an insurgent v3.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I looked into this, the price is just out of control though. $5k USD for a frame before vat + shipping. Uh no . If you have any international shops you can suggest, I'm all ears.

There are some V3s still here in Germany man. You don’t pay vat unless you fly here and pick it up in country. You only pay for the shitty USD to Euro exchange rate. And shipping. But better than waiting until March 2022

https://bikemarkt.mtb-news.de/search/Evil-Wreckoning

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
Guess I got fvckin lucky when I got mine the day the Insurgent was announced. Sheeesh

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 17:39 Quote
Yeah you did! I’m flummoxed how anyone could have preordered a bike that wasn’t even announced or leaked, and then got one on the day of release. Super cool. Also super jealous


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008684
Mobile Version of Website