Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 1:56 Quote
It was a bad weekend for the new Wreckoning at Dyfi bike park.
Rear triangle damage sustained from a rock hitting the rear triangle.

Has anyone on here had any experience with Evil Europe and warranty / crash replacements? I'm hoping that it should be covered under warranty but any thoughts would be welcome...

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 4:24 Quote
^ouch my man. Should be covered, good luck!

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
Show the wheel man!!

That looks more like a Boulder and not a rock. I call total BS. Bike looks like it fell off a cliff in a crash. Hope you’re ok.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:24 Quote
you will pay crash replacement for the rear triangle. I did that 2 times with my calling.

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Hello!

I wanted to know if an exploded diagram such as this one would exist for the offering V2. Would be neat...

https://fr.scribd.com/document/406756263/Wreckoning-161-1-Exploded-View

Thank you!

A

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
Alexnor78 wrote:
Hello!

I wanted to know if an exploded diagram such as this one would exist for the offering V2. Would be neat...

https://fr.scribd.com/document/406756263/Wreckoning-161-1-Exploded-View

Thank you!

A

Email Evil and they’ll send it to you

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:27 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
Yeah you did! I’m flummoxed how anyone could have preordered a bike that wasn’t even announced or leaked, and then got one on the day of release. Super cool. Also super jealous

Yeah seriously. If they release a new 27.5 Calling, it'll be on the top of my wish list. I'm pretending/dreaming that they are going to, so I just have a few tabs open in Chrome I refresh a few times a day. ONE day maybe there will be a new bike and I'll be ready Razz

Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 23:39 Quote
wllmd wrote:
Show the wheel man!!

That looks more like a Boulder and not a rock. I call total BS. Bike looks like it fell off a cliff in a crash. Hope you’re ok.

Hardly a boulder or drop off a cliff and the wheel is fine.

Views: 232    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 0:01 Quote
nsbichboy wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Show the wheel man!!

That looks more like a Boulder and not a rock. I call total BS. Bike looks like it fell off a cliff in a crash. Hope you’re ok.

Hardly a boulder or drop off a cliff and the wheel is fine.

Views: 232    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Hm. Ok you right you right. Good that you have video then. Is that rear tire a 2.6?

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 0:02 Quote
You should contact Evil directly! Forget all opinions here, and let us know the outcome.

In the end, the BS part is having a new bike snapped, I know, I ve been there.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 1:06 Quote
Pyres wrote:
You should contact Evil directly! Forget all opinions here, and let us know the outcome.

In the end, the BS part is having a new bike snapped, I know, I ve been there.

I've started the warranty process and been in touch with them, I was just asking if others had a similar experience.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
wllmd wrote:
nsbichboy wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Show the wheel man!!

That looks more like a Boulder and not a rock. I call total BS. Bike looks like it fell off a cliff in a crash. Hope you’re ok.

Hardly a boulder or drop off a cliff and the wheel is fine.

Views: 232    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Hm. Ok you right you right. Good that you have video then. Is that rear tire a 2.6?

It's a Michelin DH34 which are 2.4 wide.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Shit man, that sucks. Hope they sort you out ok.
Just looks like bad luck, rock getting caught in the tire and getting smacked into the seat stay. Feels like they should be able to withstand that kind of impact though.

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
nsbichboy wrote:
wllmd wrote:
Show the wheel man!!

That looks more like a Boulder and not a rock. I call total BS. Bike looks like it fell off a cliff in a crash. Hope you’re ok.

Hardly a boulder or drop off a cliff and the wheel is fine.

Views: 232    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

100% warranty in my opinion. There was no crash and this is a bike that is meant to be ridden on enduro and downhill trails without sudden and catastrophic frame failure. I think they even market it as a “downhill bike you can pedal”. It should be able to handle the riding displayed in the video.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014673
Mobile Version of Website