Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Pyres wrote:
Anyone ridin an Offering V1 with a 160 44 offset fork?

My V1 offering is set up with a 160 mm Zeb with that offset. I had a 150mm Fox 36 44 offset prior.

Great!!
Anything wrong you felt with that setup? I m worried with the swap from the 51mm original offset! Trying to downsize from an Enduro bike to a fun trail bike, maintaining all my current parts! A new fork would be a no go

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 8:00 Quote
MedicJace wrote:
Upgrading my GX Blackout Drunk Offering V2 with silver accents. I've been looking at the Deity Speedway Carbon bars. Realistically how much difference will I feel with the ride (in terms of poppiness, manuals) will I feel with a 30mm Rise bar vs the stock 35mm rise?
I don't think there will much difference, but you could always add a 5mm spacer under the stem to make the bar height the same.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
Pyres wrote:
a-prince wrote:
Pyres wrote:
Anyone ridin an Offering V1 with a 160 44 offset fork?

My V1 offering is set up with a 160 mm Zeb with that offset. I had a 150mm Fox 36 44 offset prior.

Great!!
Anything wrong you felt with that setup? I m worried with the swap from the 51mm original offset! Trying to downsize from an Enduro bike to a fun trail bike, maintaining all my current parts! A new fork would be a no go

I love it. Rides great. No problems with the different offset. I actually didn’t even know I was using an offset other than stock.

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
661lee wrote:
MedicJace wrote:
Upgrading my GX Blackout Drunk Offering V2 with silver accents. I've been looking at the Deity Speedway Carbon bars. Realistically how much difference will I feel with the ride (in terms of poppiness, manuals) will I feel with a 30mm Rise bar vs the stock 35mm rise?
I don't think there will much difference, but you could always add a 5mm spacer under the stem to make the bar height the same.

adding spacers under the stem shortens the reach, whereas bar height does not, so adding 5mm of spacers to replicate a 35mm bar will make the bike a bit shorter. realistically you will grow accustomed to the 5mm change between the two handlebars after the first couple rides, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
Large or XL V2 Wreckoning at 6'1 32" inseam?

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 20:24 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Large or XL V2 Wreckoning at 6'1 32" inseam?

As a former 6’1” person, I bought a large just because that’s what I always did.
485 reach was longer than the V1 wrecker
I rode an XL Norco Range VLT on the weekend that had a 505 reach and it felt WAY better.

I have a +6 Ape index so I’m a little mis-shaped, but if you like plowing, I’d go XL.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
1partatatime wrote:
Garradmiller wrote:
Large or XL V2 Wreckoning at 6'1 32" inseam?

As a former 6’1” person, I bought a large just because that’s what I always did.
485 reach was longer than the V1 wrecker
I rode an XL Norco Range VLT on the weekend that had a 505 reach and it felt WAY better.

I have a +6 Ape index so I’m a little mis-shaped, but if you like plowing, I’d go XL.

V2 or LB is 452 reach large, 472 xl. The new one is the 485 large which makes me lean xl for the older version. I think im a +3 ape index as well

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 21:15 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
1partatatime wrote:
Garradmiller wrote:
Large or XL V2 Wreckoning at 6'1 32" inseam?

As a former 6’1” person, I bought a large just because that’s what I always did.
485 reach was longer than the V1 wrecker
I rode an XL Norco Range VLT on the weekend that had a 505 reach and it felt WAY better.

I have a +6 Ape index so I’m a little mis-shaped, but if you like plowing, I’d go XL.

V2 or LB is 452 reach large, 472 xl. The new one is the 485 large which makes me lean xl for the older version. I think im a +3 ape index as well

if youre talking about a wreckoning LB i would 100% go XL. those bikes are tiny.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
mtb-rider wrote:
Hi boys and girls, I am looking to buy a new bike and had a few questions about the Evil Following V3.
I currently ride a Trek Remedy so a 'tad' more travel. I come from a dirt jump background so I like to be in the air quite alot.
I was wondering how does the Following does in the steep, rough terrain?
From what I read, it looks like a fun bike but my concerns are the rocks, roots, steep, drops...
Any comment would help!

Thanks alot!!

Handles everything you can throw at it but will wear you out quicker and leaves less margin for error.

Agreed. I've been on one for a few months now and it has been amazing. My arms get a little more worn out trying to keep up with full enduro bikes but it'll handle anything you could possibly throw in front of it.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 9:47 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Large or XL V2 Wreckoning at 6'1 32" inseam?

I'm in the same sort of space -- wondering L vs XL. I'm leaning towards L. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam and -3 Ape Index and thinking that the L will be fine for Latest (Coral Reefer) Wreckoning since I'm comfortable with the reach on my current XL bike and it is 10mm shorter than L Wreckoning.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 9:56 Quote
Evils sizing rn isnt too extreme. Im 177cm and a Med Insurgent is plenty long, and Im running a 32mm renthal stem. If youre not racing I dont see the need for super long bikes.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Hold up, i thought he was talking about a wreckoning LB, as in the old one.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Hold up, i thought he was talking about a wreckoning LB, as in the old one.
My bad, I thought the current one is the V2, haha.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
boylagz wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Hold up, i thought he was talking about a wreckoning LB, as in the old one.
My bad, I thought the current one is the V2, haha.

yeah i got confused since its not officially a V3, but like, the LB was kinda the V2? idk.

Posted: Sep 16, 2021 at 17:40 Quote
They call the new one v3 but they called the second version lb instead of v2. Very confusing


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006732
Mobile Version of Website