Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 5:42 Quote
Does Evil have a suspension setup guide?
Just picked up a Following V3 and can't find anything

I'm around 160 riding weight. Where should I start?

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 16:25 Quote
chrispino wrote:

Start with sag and then tune for bottom out. I found the following V3 to be pretty easy to set up.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
chrispino wrote:

i was happiest with around 50 psi over my weight for the rock shox, on my insurgent and my calling. 240 psi 2 bands.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
chrispino wrote:

Current Insurgent is my 1st Evil bike. This is the 1st bike that took quite a bit of time for me to dial in. Provided I used a float x2 thats not oem, so tune might not be what the bike is compatible with. I switched to a dhx2 now and its a huge diff with a coil shock. Ive always liked coil for everything. Both this and my Delirium are coil.

For your shock I suggest start with what psi is reco'd and start with all compression settings wide open, rebound to your taste. I found 30% sag is a good pt to start, lately Ive been between that and 33%. I used to run 25-27% on everything but realized what I was missing on getting full travel, having a smoother ride and overall just better setup.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
^ and I dont shred so barely using shock vol. spacers, lol. Got a token or 2 in my 36 and 38 tho.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
Having problems deciding on either a Forbidden Dreadnought or a Evil Wreckoning v3. Anyone who can help sway me towards Evil?

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 17:22 Quote
Bjornsigvardsson wrote:
Having problems deciding on either a Forbidden Dreadnought or a Evil Wreckoning v3. Anyone who can help sway me towards Evil?

They seem like totally different bikes for different types of riders.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 19:32 Quote
Yeah aside from the travel amount and “category”, those two bikes couldn’t be more different.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 19:46 Quote
Bjornsigvardsson wrote:

Here is my two cents. If you want a more planted downhill style bike then go with the dreadnought. The idler will be loud and will require more maintenance. The single pivot is nice though and it’s definitely amazing on the downhill. Not sure the extra hardware is worth the hassle when your using it to climb though.

Wreckoning will probably pedal a lot more efficiently so if your climbing up trail instead of fire road that may be enough of a difference. Still hammers on the downhill though. Seen plenty up here on secret shuttle trails and every one who rides them says they are amazing.

Judging from the recent pinkbike enduro review I’m not sure if an idler is worth it unless you are going absolute Mach looney all the time.

Good luck dude! Both bikes are amazing so you can’t really go wrong.

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 3:22 Quote
Hey guys

So there’s a store with a big discount on an Offering v1 frame. Go for it or do I earn more cash and get a new v2 in some months? Looking at the numbers, 157 rear hub and 44mm offset fork are the major differences, or is there more to it? Thanks

Posted: Sep 22, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
Decided to go with onyx hubs for my angry dolphin colored calling. What color hub do I go with powder coat purple, anodized teal or anodized anti Freeze?

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 7:16 Quote
Black. Can’t go wrong with black!

Love my onyx hubs!!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
Check out the flouro orange. It’ll go real nice with the angry dolphin. And agreed fredro onyx hubs are awesome. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
Pyres wrote:
Hey guys

So there’s a store with a big discount on an Offering v1 frame. Go for it or do I earn more cash and get a new v2 in some months? Looking at the numbers, 157 rear hub and 44mm offset fork are the major differences, or is there more to it? Thanks
Not a huge difference but the v2 does have a 14mm longer reach, 1˚ steeper seat tube angle, more progressive rear suspension, 0.2 steeper head tube angle, new look and internal cable routing

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
Bm1117 wrote:
Bjornsigvardsson wrote:

Here is my two cents. If you want a more planted downhill style bike then go with the dreadnought. The idler will be loud and will require more maintenance. The single pivot is nice though and it’s definitely amazing on the downhill. Not sure the extra hardware is worth the hassle when your using it to climb though.

Wreckoning will probably pedal a lot more efficiently so if your climbing up trail instead of fire road that may be enough of a difference. Still hammers on the downhill though. Seen plenty up here on secret shuttle trails and every one who rides them says they are amazing.

Judging from the recent pinkbike enduro review I’m not sure if an idler is worth it unless you are going absolute Mach looney all the time.

Good luck dude! Both bikes are amazing so you can’t really go wrong.
Heard the dreadnought is SUPER planted as well, maybe check out the Norco range too if your on that path, but the evil will definitely climb better

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007366
Mobile Version of Website