Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
The shock setup stuff isn’t all that in depth, but if you go to the page for your bike on Evil’s site, and scroll down to the tabs for Kit/ Geo/ Fit/ Spec/ Shock… select Shock, then select which Shock you have on your Following… there’s a couple paragraphs on pressure/sag/ etc.

Posted: Sep 25, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Abacall wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:
Evil Insurgent V3 27.5 Dream Build
Insurgent V3 27.5 Dream Build

More pics and vids on my page and IG @Tim.Likes.Bikes
Love it! Where'd you get the bolts for the rocker and links?

@Huk_Tek on IG. He does the delta link, lower shock bolt, front pivot and trunnions. Most in ano Ti.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
timlikesbikes wrote:
Abacall wrote:
timlikesbikes wrote:
Evil Insurgent V3 27.5 Dream Build
Insurgent V3 27.5 Dream Build

More pics and vids on my page and IG @Tim.Likes.Bikes
Love it! Where'd you get the bolts for the rocker and links?

@Huk_Tek on IG. He does the delta link, lower shock bolt, front pivot and trunnions. Most in ano Ti.

Awesome, thanks! Truly excellent build,

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 19:41 Quote
Hello everyone! I was curious how many of you guys are running works components angle sets on your Evils. Thinking about purchasing one for my Offering V2 but I am not quite sure if I need one. Had a Offering V1 and never really felt much of a need to slacken it out. But my Offering V2 is my do it all bike so Im wondering if it would give me a edge at the bike park and on stepper trails without negatively effecting the playfulness and all around capabilities of the bike. Also another question how many of you guys are running the offering with a 160mm fork and what are your thoughts on it? Lastly why does Pink Bike not have a page for Evil like all the other bike manufactures? Seems like Pink bike just doesn't like Evil lol.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 20:14 Quote
I’m running an Offering V2 on a 160 fork. Ordered a 1.5 angle set and never installed. Guess I don’t really need it/ am not Agassiz fast.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 20:29 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
I’m running an Offering V2 on a 160 fork. Ordered a 1.5 angle set and never installed. Guess I don’t really need it/ am not Agassiz fast.
Did you ever ride it with a 150mm fork or just 160mm. Curious if you can tell much of a difference with the slight change in geo the 160mm gives you and the extra 10mm. Reading on the forum it seems like theres mixed opinions on running the angle set. I almost feel like you don't need it if you run the 160mm fork in the extra low position.

Posted: Sep 27, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
I built mine with a 160 fork, so no. Not through dental school yet, so not swapping forks like underwear.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 5:47 Quote
How much could I get for my 2017 Insurgent v1? Selling with a push 11-6..

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
How much could I get for my 2017 Insurgent v1? Selling with a push 11-6..

Maybe $20

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
How much could I get for my 2017 Insurgent v1? Selling with a push 11-6..

Maybe $20

2 cents

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:
How much could I get for my 2017 Insurgent v1? Selling with a push 11-6..

Maybe $20

2 cents

i think you'd be able to get 3-4k for it though, depending on the build spec. If youre asking frame and shock only, i would say maybe 1800-2000 with the 11-6 depending on condition

Posted: Sep 29, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
Anyone have any tuning tips for a float x2 on the Offering v2?

I've been on one for just a week now. Built it for the trans cascadia and it was amazing out there but I'm pretty much at square 1.5 as far as tuning goes.

I'm 185 or so with gear. I landed on 198psi with no lsc for the race but was carrying a lot more gear than normal. I like to keep my sag at about 25%. I think I backed hsc off a click or 2 from fox's recommendations as well as slowed down the hsr.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
Just got word from the bike shop that my Wreckoning just arrived and has been moved to the build queue. 6 weeks ahead of schedule. Oh so very happy.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
kottosen wrote:
Hello everyone! I was curious how many of you guys are running works components angle sets on your Evils. Thinking about purchasing one for my Offering V2 but I am not quite sure if I need one. Had a Offering V1 and never really felt much of a need to slacken it out. But my Offering V2 is my do it all bike so Im wondering if it would give me a edge at the bike park and on stepper trails without negatively effecting the playfulness and all around capabilities of the bike. Also another question how many of you guys are running the offering with a 160mm fork and what are your thoughts on it? Lastly why does Pink Bike not have a page for Evil like all the other bike manufactures? Seems like Pink bike just doesn't like Evil lol.

I run a 1.0 on my v2 Wrecker. No issues. I like it, but the offering is a different animal. Plus it gets down to 66 on its own. I really like 66 degrees for most riding. 65 is fine too, but i dont know if i need that on my 140 bike.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 23:01 Quote
nsbichboy wrote:
It was a bad weekend for the new Wreckoning at Dyfi bike park.
Rear triangle damage sustained from a rock hitting the rear triangle.

Has anyone on here had any experience with Evil Europe and warranty / crash replacements? I'm hoping that it should be covered under warranty but any thoughts would be welcome...

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

Wreckoning rear triangle damage
Wreckoning rear triangle damage

For anyone interested Evil came through on the warranty rear end.

I have a new Ali Transition Spire on order which I'm hyped about and hopefully it won't break as easy.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009285
Mobile Version of Website