Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Lyrik Ultimate or MRP ribbon for a 150mm Calling? Front range Colorado trails, rocky tech with a lot of bike park action (when it's open) and high alpine rides. Going for an aggressive trail build. Rear shock is a fox dpx2 and I weigh around 150 in gear.

LyrikSmile

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
fredro wrote:
Zeb.

I wish. I can't find a 150mm one.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 10:50 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
fredro wrote:
Zeb.

I wish. I can't find a 150mm one.

Get a different one and buy a 150mm airspring

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
I'm running my Zeb at 160.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Lyrik Ultimate or MRP ribbon for a 150mm Calling? Front range Colorado trails, rocky tech with a lot of bike park action (when it's open) and high alpine rides. Going for an aggressive trail build. Rear shock is a fox dpx2 and I weigh around 150 in gear.

Lyrik 100%, Zeb is overkill for a 130mm 650b bike with a 150lb rider

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
lyzyrdskydr wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:

Lyrik 100%, Zeb is overkill for a 130mm 650b bike with a 150lb rider

I read the 150mm calling, when it is in fact 130mm. In that case, Lyrik for sure.

Did you somehow get an additional 20mm on your Calling? If so, then the Zeb or Lyrik would be fine, especially seeing a lot of bike park as previously stated.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
Wait until the new lyrik comes out, it should have the same chassis as the flight attendant one. Should be dropping soon, keep your eyes peeled

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
if its actually a 130mm bike then pike or lyrik. i read bike park and 150mm and went straight to zeb

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
if its actually a 130mm bike then pike or lyrik. i read bike park and 150mm and went straight to zeb

Same

I'm running my Zeb at 160mm on an Orbea Rise at 140mm. But from other owners who have done this, they are loving that setup. Better geo, higher BB, burlier front end, etc. Plus why not have the bigger fork, more travel, especially on an ebike that's heavier and way faster than an analog bike. Also, the weight penalty is negated by an actual MOTOR anyway...

Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 7:59 Quote
Sorry, I should've specified. It's the calling so 150mm front 131mm rear. I'm probably going to go Lyrik ultimate as it's on sale and the red lowers looks sick on angry dolphin. Same price as the pike ultimate too. 200g weight penalty is nothing IMO.

Edit: also does the offset matter too much? The stock calling says 46mm, but most forks I'm seeing don't have 27.5 in 46mm offset only 44. Is this going to be a problem?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 12:38 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Sorry, I should've specified. It's the calling so 150mm front 131mm rear. I'm probably going to go Lyrik ultimate as it's on sale and the red lowers looks sick on angry dolphin. Same price as the pike ultimate too. 200g weight penalty is nothing IMO.

Edit: also does the offset matter too much? The stock calling says 46mm, but most forks I'm seeing don't have 27.5 in 46mm offset only 44. Is this going to be a problem?

Not 2mm mate

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
wellbastardfast wrote:
fitzy564 wrote:

Not 2mm mate

Good deal, thanks. I wasn't sure if that would be a huge deal or not.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
Hey guys, I’m super stoked I can actually post here. I got out of DH mountain biking in 2015, and at that point an evil undead was a wet dream for me. Fast forward six years and I’m surfing the Facebook buysell for a set of bikes after convincing the wife that not only are they fun, but a great thing get into long term. I found her a 2011 demo 8, and I scored myself this evil undead. I brought it home for 1500$ with no front brake, and it had t been ridden for awhile. Luckily, it was Uncracked and in relatively good shape.

photo

Fast forward 5 months or so, and I’ve changed/sold practically every piece on the bike to bring it to my liking. I’ve never owned a carbon bike, and I went in a bit on a bender with carbon bits. That being said, I currently only have 1960$ into e bike including Purchase price. I’ve been lucky and able to sell most of the parts for relatively good cash, and pick up deals when they popped up.

photo
photo
photo

This is how she sits as of today!

2013 large Evil undead
2017 boxxer World Cup
twenty6 DM stem
nukeproof Horizon V2 carbon bars
Vans/cult push on grips
X0 shifter/Derailleur
XO DH cranks/34T DM eagle sprocket
Avid XO trail World Cup brakes
2015 cane creek double barrel air
Deemax ultimate wheelset
Maxxis minion DHF tires set up tubeless
Raceface atlas seat
Carbon seatpost

I think it’s somewhere to the tune of 33 pounds, I’ll weigh it at some point but it’s by far the sickest and best riding DH bike I’ve owned. I may mullet it next year for fun, but it Absoloutely shreds as is.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 18:17 Quote
Awesome, that looks super fun to ride. The upgrades took it to another level.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.440635
Mobile Version of Website