Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
I think it’s somewhere to the tune of 33 pounds, I’ll weigh it at some point but it’s by far the sickest and best riding DH bike I’ve owned. I may mullet it next year for fun, but it Absoloutely shreds as is.[/Quote]

Sick bike!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 15:58 Quote
Ok, so after riding the calling vs insurgent v1...

Calling is way easier to get uphill, but downhill it's way more lively and definitely not as fast on chunk. I expected this as I went from a Push 11-6 to a fox dpx2.

What are everyone's thoughts on getting the 11-6 converted to fit the calling? It's $550 to do it, not cheap but I'm wondering if it'll be a bit more planted through the chunk but also let me pop off every rock.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
downhillbmxican wrote:
Hey guys, I’m super stoked I can actually post here. I got out of DH mountain biking in 2015, and at that point an evil undead was a wet dream for me. Fast forward six years and I’m surfing the Facebook buysell for a set of bikes after convincing the wife that not only are they fun, but a great thing get into long term. I found her a 2011 demo 8, and I scored myself this evil undead. I brought it home for 1500$ with no front brake, and it had t been ridden for awhile. Luckily, it was Uncracked and in relatively good shape.

Fast forward 5 months or so, and I’ve changed/sold practically every piece on the bike to bring it to my liking. I’ve never owned a carbon bike, and I went in a bit on a bender with carbon bits. That being said, I currently only have 1960$ into e bike including Purchase price. I’ve been lucky and able to sell most of the parts for relatively good cash, and pick up deals when they popped up.

This is how she sits as of today!

2013 large Evil undead
2017 boxxer World Cup
twenty6 DM stem
nukeproof Horizon V2 carbon bars
Vans/cult push on grips
X0 shifter/Derailleur
XO DH cranks/34T DM eagle sprocket
Avid XO trail World Cup brakes
2015 cane creek double barrel air
Deemax ultimate wheelset
Maxxis minion DHF tires set up tubeless
Raceface atlas seat
Carbon seatpost

I think it’s somewhere to the tune of 33 pounds, I’ll weigh it at some point but it’s by far the sickest and best riding DH bike I’ve owned. I may mullet it next year for fun, but it Absoloutely shreds as is.

Hell yeah!! Another Twenty6 Products owner in the house!! Tyler is the best dude ever!! I still have my DM stem sitting around just in case. And about 5 pairs of pedals floating around...

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Bro I will literally buy a set from you if you happen to have any in black lol. We used to eye f*ck these twenty6 stems in the display case at the LBS and I got lucky enough to find one while looking for something to fit the boxxer!

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
Sorry mang, I got three sets with my daughters first and middle name on them, one set with my dog that passed and then just another set not engraved. Rocking a T6 stem on my MTB now and then I still have some levers floating around. What brakes you running? I may have a seat post clamp floating around too. Tyler took damn good care of me.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
fitzy564 wrote:
Ok, so after riding the calling vs insurgent v1...

Calling is way easier to get uphill, but downhill it's way more lively and definitely not as fast on chunk. I expected this as I went from a Push 11-6 to a fox dpx2.

What are everyone's thoughts on getting the 11-6 converted to fit the calling? It's $550 to do it, not cheap but I'm wondering if it'll be a bit more planted through the chunk but also let me pop off every rock.

Hi, just remove the 5mm travel limiting spacer from whatever shock you are running (185x55 instead of 185x50). This will get you 144mm travel in the back with enough space to run it in x-low flip chip setting. Pairs well with my 160mm Lyrik with the plush Debonair B1 (not newer Debonair C1!) which sucks in by a few mm negative travel (for great initial sensitivity and more mid stroke support) leaving about 155mm remaining travel left.

Great for the Calling :-)

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 14:13 Quote

I have a V3 Wreckoning for sale in the UK at a very reasonable price if anyone is interested take a look on my profile. Cheers Mat

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Facepalm

No selling in the forums....

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
kottosen wrote:
midwest-division wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
Just took delivery of an Evil Offering v2 gx. Interested to hear people’s suspension set up in terms of rebound, hsc and lsc.

The past two seasons on my last bike I was running a Fox 36 factory grip 2 fork and a dpx2 factory shock - it took some time to dial in and still never felt awesome. This season I have the Offering supplied RS Lyrik Ultimate up front and the Super Deluxe Ultimate in the back. I am blown away how easy it was to setup, very supportive but super buttery. And it rides so damn well. After the initial setup, I haven’t had to touch a clicker, doesn’t matter if I’m riding the bike park or single track. It’s a great platform. Here are my current settings. I’m right around 190lbs and like to charge. Hope this helps set a baseline for you.

Fork:
105psi for 20% sag
Rebound - 7 clicks from Closed/Slow
HSC - 2 click from Open/Soft
LSC - 6 clicks from Open/Soft
Volume Reducers - 3 (5 max)
Shock:
170 psi for 30% sag
Rebound - 6 clicks from Closed/Slow
LSC - 3 clicks from Open/Soft
Volume Reducers - 1 (3 max)

Are you really only running 170psi in your RockShock super deluxe ultimate? Im 140 pounds geared up and on my offering v1 I was running 170psi with a nar dog token. Just seems off for your weight and riding style.

Yep, exactly 170psi for 30% (16.5mm). Regularly use full travel, but never have any harsh bottom outs. Bike still retains its poppy nature as well. I’ve tried two vol reducers, but it just made the rear end feel too harsh.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 18:57 Quote
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with the linkage bolt that holds the bottom of the shock on a v2 offering? Mine every 5km of riding is several rotations loose. I first noticed it on my 4th ever ride. Tightened it to the spec 9.6nm but it just keeps coming loose. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or a recommendation.

My left side linkage to upper shock body bolt tends to loosen up. I need to apply some fresh thread locker.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
Yup. Plenty of thread locker, my undead top shock bolt loosened itself off a few times before it snapped. Tons of threadlock and I haven’t had an issue since.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 2:47 Quote
midwest-division wrote:
kottosen wrote:
midwest-division wrote:

The past two seasons on my last bike I was running a Fox 36 factory grip 2 fork and a dpx2 factory shock - it took some time to dial in and still never felt awesome. This season I have the Offering supplied RS Lyrik Ultimate up front and the Super Deluxe Ultimate in the back. I am blown away how easy it was to setup, very supportive but super buttery. And it rides so damn well. After the initial setup, I haven’t had to touch a clicker, doesn’t matter if I’m riding the bike park or single track. It’s a great platform. Here are my current settings. I’m right around 190lbs and like to charge. Hope this helps set a baseline for you.

Fork:
105psi for 20% sag
Rebound - 7 clicks from Closed/Slow
HSC - 2 click from Open/Soft
LSC - 6 clicks from Open/Soft
Volume Reducers - 3 (5 max)
Shock:
170 psi for 30% sag
Rebound - 6 clicks from Closed/Slow
LSC - 3 clicks from Open/Soft
Volume Reducers - 1 (3 max)

Are you really only running 170psi in your RockShock super deluxe ultimate? Im 140 pounds geared up and on my offering v1 I was running 170psi with a nar dog token. Just seems off for your weight and riding style.

Yep, exactly 170psi for 30% (16.5mm). Regularly use full travel, but never have any harsh bottom outs. Bike still retains its poppy nature as well. I’ve tried two vol reducers, but it just made the rear end feel too harsh.

Yeh, I'm in the same boat, been working up the pressures but find 180psi with 1 token is just about right. Supple and i don't seem to be smashing it into the bottom out.. although i am getting through the travel every ride. Might stick 220psi in it just to see how it differs now seeing others running much higher pressures.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
midwest-division wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
Has anyone had an issue with the linkage bolt that holds the bottom of the shock on a v2 offering? Mine every 5km of riding is several rotations loose. I first noticed it on my 4th ever ride. Tightened it to the spec 9.6nm but it just keeps coming loose. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or a recommendation.

My left side linkage to upper shock body bolt tends to loosen up. I need to apply some fresh thread locker.

The thread locker worked great for me. With how widespread the issue seems to be I'm surprised they don't ship their bikes with a tube of it. Glad the issue is behind me and the shredding has been great ever since!

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
My Wreckoning is finally ready to get dirty!

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
Well then, pitter patter

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009330
Mobile Version of Website