close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 14:57 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Abacall wrote:
Get a Sprindex? Works great at dialing in spring rate with one spring.
Or.... Custom valve.
I used that to get the 300lbs.

So then get a different sprindex that goes between 300 and 350…

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 0:23 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
It’s a Super Deluxe. There’s not 325lbs springs. I think there’s only 300lbs or 350lbs

Other companies’ springs will fit. I ran a Nukeproof spring on my SD for a little while. Not sure if they do 25lb increments but I’m sure someone does.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 0:31 Quote
Sprindex is legit. Get one.
Have since changed me shock to a dhx2.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
boylagz wrote:

Are you actually able to change the spring rate easily on the evil frames? i have a sprindex on my bike currently and its literally not possible without unbolting the shock, not that i need to often.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Recently purchased an Evil Offering V2, size M. I am 5' 9" tall and usually, a medium frame fits me. With the TTL and reach numbers on this bike, I would like to get someone's opinion on if this size is right before I build it up? So far, I am going with a 35mm stem and 780mm width bars, 25mm rise.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
ccartled wrote:
Recently purchased an Evil Offering V2, size M. I am 5' 9" tall and usually, a medium frame fits me. With the TTL and reach numbers on this bike, I would like to get someone's opinion on if this size is right before I build it up? So far, I am going with a 35mm stem and 780mm width bars, 25mm rise.

Seems about right. I’m 6’2” on a large with a 32 mm length stem and 770 width, 35 rise bars. Long enough to go really fast and short enough to move around in the air.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
boylagz wrote:

Are you actually able to change the spring rate easily on the evil frames? i have a sprindex on my bike currently and its literally not possible without unbolting the shock, not that i need to often.
It’s kinda expensive and I don’t think it looks great. Couldn’t I get that same feeling with the preload adjuster?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
No... Very different concept. If you need more info, look up some reviews. Looks? I think it looks fine, more importantly it works and works well.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 15:42 Quote
You could also just sell your coil shock and get an air shock which is a lot easier to dial in, spring-rate wise.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 16:09 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
boylagz wrote:

Pretty difficult on trail, doable, but hard. esp with it gets a little dirty/grimy makes it harder to turn.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
You could also just sell your coil shock and get an air shock which is a lot easier to dial in, spring-rate wise.
Definitely not going back to air! Coils just too good. And it won’t blow up as easily.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
ccartled wrote:

Seems about right. I’m 6’2” on a large with a 32 mm length stem and 770 width, 35 rise bars. Long enough to go really fast and short enough to move around in the air.

That is helpful, thx. Have seen some other posts that have my height on a med and also on a small. I think I may end up w a 760mm bar width but will start w the 780. Don't want the bike to feel long/slow in the air, ...will take some getting used to I am sure.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
Definitely not going back to air! Coils just too good. And it won’t blow up as easily.

I have an ext storia, but recently installed an used Ohlins ttx2 air and the pop is next level, while maintaining an nice supportive, supple, feel on my insurgent v3.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
yeah i found it hard to discern a huge difference in feel comparing a float x2 to a dhx2 when i had an evil. It was a v2 version, but still, a good air shock gets very close to the coil feel these days.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 17:51 Quote
5'9' here, Med Offering V2, stock 35 stem, bars cut to 760[. Took a while to get used to it but feels great now. Waiting on a 160 air shaft for the lyric and maybe CC link in the spring.
Quote="ccartled"]
Muchogusto wrote:
ccartled wrote:

That is helpful, thx. Have seen some other posts that have my height on a med and also on a small. I think I may end up w a 760mm bar width but will start w the 780. Don't want the bike to feel long/slow in the air, ...will take some getting used to I am sure.[/Quote]

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008561
Mobile Version of Website