close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Other
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
kfreedirt wrote:
5'9' here, Med Offering V2, stock 35 stem, bars cut to 760[. Took a while to get used to it but feels great now. Waiting on a 160 air shaft for the lyric and maybe CC link in the spring.
Quote="ccartled"]
Muchogusto wrote:
ccartled wrote:
Recently purchased an Evil Offering V2, size M. I am 5' 9" tall and usually, a medium frame fits me. With the TTL and reach numbers on this bike, I would like to get someone's opinion on if this size is right before I build it up? So far, I am going with a 35mm stem and 780mm width bars, 25mm rise.

Seems about right. I’m 6’2” on a large with a 32 mm length stem and 770 width, 35 rise bars. Long enough to go really fast and short enough to move around in the air.

That is helpful, thx. Have seen some other posts that have my height on a med and also on a small. I think I may end up w a 760mm bar width but will start w the 780. Don't want the bike to feel long/slow in the air, ...will take some getting used to I am sure.
[/Quote]

The high stack throws off the feel compared to other frames. I think you’ll be pleased. Evil doesn’t show reach values in low or x-low for the offering v2, but shows a 7mm decrease in reach when in x-low for the insurgent mx. If it’s quoted in low, you can shorten reach up a fair bit in x-low. Going from a 40 to a 32mm stem really made the bike much more playful. How much travel do you plan to run in your fork?

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
kfreedirt wrote:
5'9' here, Med Offering V2, stock 35 stem, bars cut to 760[. Took a while to get used to it but feels great now. Waiting on a 160 air shaft for the lyric and maybe CC link in the spring.
Quote="ccartled"]
Muchogusto wrote:

Seems about right. I’m 6’2” on a large with a 32 mm length stem and 770 width, 35 rise bars. Long enough to go really fast and short enough to move around in the air.

That is helpful, thx. Have seen some other posts that have my height on a med and also on a small. I think I may end up w a 760mm bar width but will start w the 780. Don't want the bike to feel long/slow in the air, ...will take some getting used to I am sure.

The high stack throws off the feel compared to other frames. I think you’ll be pleased. Evil doesn’t show reach values in low or x-low for the offering v2, but shows a 7mm decrease in reach when in x-low for the insurgent mx. If it’s quoted in low, you can shorten reach up a fair bit in x-low. Going from a 40 to a 32mm stem really made the bike much more playful. How much travel do you plan to run in your fork?[/Quote]

ccartled wrote:
I am planning on a 35mm stem, so short is good for this frame I am gathering. I have a Fox 36 at 150mm to start. I have the 160mm airshaft to bump the travel if/when I get bored with initial out of the box setup.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 14:58 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
I’m 5’5.5, 5’6 on a good day. Riding a small offering V2. Pretty happy. Seat angle could be better, but otherwise bueno.

What is your preference on the seat angle? The V2's are at 77deg it looks like.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 19:25 Quote
I don’t know. Steeper? It feels a little behind ideal when climbing. Couldn’t tell you an exact number because I’m not nerdy enough. I do have a 160 fork and am in X-Low, so if it was that big of a deal I guess I could make changes. But STA is about the only thing I would tweak (steepen) if given the option.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:
I don’t know. Steeper? It feels a little behind ideal when climbing. Couldn’t tell you an exact number because I’m not nerdy enough. I do have a 160 fork and am in X-Low, so if it was that big of a deal I guess I could make changes. But STA is about the only thing I would tweak (steepen) if given the option.

I have a 150mm fork I am going to start with, will try both low and X-Low settings. Right out of the box, I am tempted to start with the X-Low setting, have you tried both settings?

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 7:52 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:

Pitching the nose of my seat down (relative to parallel with the ground) helped climbing considerably. It puts your sit bones in a more forward attack position. Give it a try.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 12:02 Quote
initforthedonuts wrote:

Easy fix - IMO Get a 1 degree or 1.5 degree angle set depending on HTA preference off of evils website and run the bike in low setting.

Im running a 150 fork, 1.5 works angle set in LOW position and the STA is 77.4 based on the online geometry calculator I used. It will probably be at least 77 degrees with a 160 fork.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
Hah!
Yeah, seat angle ain’t the issue.
Have a 1.5° angle set, just enjoy the ride enough to not bother throwing it in. That’s the plan though, angleset and back to “low.” Would be nice to reduce pedal strikes. But she does rip a nice turn in extra low with stock geo.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 15:36 Quote
Sorry in advance for the long post, hopefully it will help someone!

I got my Evil Wreckoning LB stolen back in August (https://bikeindex.org/bikes/1124324). After months of scurrying for parts and a new Wreckoning v3 frame, I got lucky enough to have my local bike shop sell me a new Insurgent 27.5 and swap the fork for 29er to make it an MX (shout out to Progression Cycle in Issaquah WA). So now that I had all the parts, I finally got to build my new bike:

Since the insurance were paying me back for the stolen bike, I spared no expense:

* Evil Insurgent v2 frame Large
* Zeb Ultimate 29er fork, w/ MRP ramp control cartridge
* Push ElevenSix rear shock with 450 lbs spring
* NOBL TR37 MX wheelset w/ Onyx Vesper hubs
* Hayes Dominion A4 brakes, 203mm front and rear rotor
* SRAM Eagle XX1 10-52t drive train (with GX crank since i didn't want a carbon crank)
* SRAM Eagle 32t X-sync chainring
* Bike Yoke Revive 185mm seat post
* OneUp component riser bar
* OneUp component threadless carrier
* OneUp component aluminum pedals
* FWE carbon water bottle cage
* Chris King Threadfit 30 bottom bracket
* Fabric Line Elite Shallow saddle
* Maxxis Assegai 2.5 WT front tire
* Maxxis DHR 2 2.3 rear tire

I'm 6 feet tall and 190 lbs riding weight. I struggled a lot choosing between the medium and large frame, since according to Evil, I'm just in between the 2 sizes. Large turned out perfect. It's a little big on the climb, but the body position and reach on the descent is absolutely perfect (the oneup bar rise is higher than the original Evil handlerbar, so maybe that helps?).

I rode it a couple time now, both on jump trails, and tech/flow downhills. Still need to get acclimated to the new bike, so I am currently definitely slower than I was on my Wreckoning. In term of jumping though, that bike is a beast. I must get easily 2 feet higher on every jump.

Some thoughts on my component choices:

The Push ElevenSix shock is life changing. It tracks so beautifully the trail, its unreal. The pops on jumps is great too (after adjusting the damping and increasing rebound speed that is).

I find the Zeb fork a little too stiff to my liking. I had a Fox 36 on my Wreckoning, and I like the higher compliance in turns and drops. I'll most likely get use to it, but for now, I find it too rough. Will try reducing pressure a big and slowing rebound.

XX1 drivetrain is nice compared to a GX, but I don't think is necessary. If i had to actually pay this out of pocket, i think that would have be a waste of money. Glad the insurance paid it instead!

The dominion brakes will take some use to. I hated the Saints brakes I had on my previous bike, and overall pretty happy with the A4.

Closing thoughts:
Overall, very happy with the bike. Feels great and is ton of fun on the descents and jumps. Can't wait to get more confident on it. Hopefully, I don't get this one stolen. Talking of which, any one have thoughts about Galeo ride?

Have a good day everyone, and maybe see you on the trail one day!

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 22:56 Quote
if anyone is riding a grip2 or x2 would you mind sharing your settings on this forum?

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=233190&pagenum=1#commentid7061132

Posted: Dec 12, 2021 at 17:36 Quote
Hey guys, i am riding a follwing mb xl in low. i got a pike 120 on front.
Been Wanting to get a commencal meta sx mullet.
Might be a stupid question, but how would the following mb ride mulleted?
Would it cause extra stress on the frame and potentially break it?
Would it be a pointless venture? My rear wheel is currently cracking at the spoke eyelets so i gotta get a new rear rim anyways, kinda thought i might try it mulleted until the meta sx comes out.
I ride in Arizona, just throwing that out there.
Im not a bike genius- any positive comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated, didnt know where to post so i figured id try here. Please miss me with sarcastic comments, thank you guys for your time

Posted: Dec 13, 2021 at 9:14 Quote
Welp, My 4 month old Offering V2 is cracked.

The carbon surrounding the mount point for the delta link on the Downtube (left hand side) seems to have cracked causing a slight creaking noise only audible when shifting weight on bike and pedaling in saddle.

I thought the sound was coming from the Super Deluxe so I asked my LBS to take a look and they reported back that they found the crack and will be submitting warranty. Will post pics when they get them to me.

Bike only has 120 miles or so on it with no modifications to shock, bolts, or linkages. No major crashes, cases or bottom outs. All OEM. Hoping it gets fixed quick.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
A question to the Chamois Hagar owners. Did anyone find a frame bag that fits the frame nicely and doesn't affect access to your bottles ?

I use a Restrap bag in L and cos of the size of the bottom I had to get an adapter from wolf tooth to move my bottle cage mount further down the downtube.

Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
What's everyone's opinions on the evil boomstick bars? I have a pair of 1 up's that I like, but I think I cut them down a little too much.. Facepalm Found some boomsticks on a local group for $30 figured I'd try them out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008150
Mobile Version of Website