Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
Just pulled trigger on a Insurgent v3 GX build in MX wheel set in Large.
Anyone have experience upgrading the rear shock coil spring for their riding weight? My full ride weight is 235lb and I’m sure I’ll be easily bottoming out the stock spring on the RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate.
Is there a Recommendation guide from RockShox?

Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
RyeThomas wrote:

Any thoughts on selling the following and grabbing a v2 offering? Sounds like you wouldn’t be punished for it at the local trails and would hold up okay on the bigger stuff.[/Quote]

It’s a great option.
My problem is reading the reviews cause I can’t get on one to demo is some love it and say it’s a better climber with more travel and others say it misses the mark.[/Quote]

I’m on a V2 Offering coming from a 2018 Norco Optic. I would say I notice no difference in climbing ability between the two bikes. The optic was 115mm of rear travel vs the 140mm on the Offering. For context my climbs are typically very technical and punchy as opposed to fire roads. Hopefully this helps.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
My new Calling "slopeduro"

@Tim.Likes.Bikes

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
Man, I've been trying to find an Offering v2 Frameset - L - Wasabi for 5 months now. The current shop I have a preorder through is sounding like its going to be another year before they get one. Any ideas on how to get my hands on one?

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 11:32 Quote
krau wrote:
Man, I've been trying to find an Offering v2 Frameset - L - Wasabi for 5 months now. The current shop I have a preorder through is sounding like its going to be another year before they get one. Any ideas on how to get my hands on one?

Found you a blackout drunk gx.

https://bicicletta.cc/collections/mountain-bikes/products/evil-offering-v2-gx?variant=33343473385535

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
krau wrote:

https://bicicletta.cc/collections/mountain-bikes/products/evil-offering-v2-gx?variant=33343473385535

Thanks! But that's a complete. I'm looking for a frameset Frown

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
krau wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
krau wrote:

Sht. My bad. Best of luck!

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
bikingbad wrote:
Anyone have experience upgrading the rear shock coil spring for their riding weight? My full ride weight is 235lb and I’m sure I’ll be easily bottoming out the stock spring on the RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate.

Yea, the large comes with a spring for 180-190 lbs range (could give you the exact spring rate if you want). I personally went the push 11.6 route, which i do not regret at all. If you just want to switch the spring, i would highly recommend a sprindex adjustable spring.

Good luck!

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 16:58 Quote
krau wrote:
Ianjmalcolm wrote:
krau wrote:

You might have to go that route though. That is what I did: bought a complete bike, and resell all the parts i didn't wanted and replaced with my preferred parts.

Good luck!

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 17:49 Quote
If you are dead set on an Offering get a V1 frame to hold you over until V2 becomes more readily available. Differences between V1 and V2 aren’t ground breaking.

I pursued a V2 Offering frame for a long time and ending up buying a new V1 on sale. PB buy/sell occasionally has used V2 frames up.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 19:40 Quote
bikingbad wrote:

The v3 is pretty progressive (33%ish) I've run mine with an ext at 450, 475, 500 with an ext shock. The ext shock never bottoms out but 450 felt like a magic carpet ride, 475 was most versatile, and 500 felt a tad choppy. I'm 210-215 with park gear on. I'd shoot for a sprindex or a 500 if you plan to keep the RS super deluxe.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
a-prince wrote:
If you are dead set on an Offering get a V1 frame to hold you over until V2 becomes more readily available. Differences between V1 and V2 aren’t ground breaking.

I pursued a V2 Offering frame for a long time and ending up buying a new V1 on sale. PB buy/sell occasionally has used V2 frames up.

Yeah I thought about this but I’m fine with waiting. I also have a super boost wheelset for it ready.

I’ve ridden the v2 and I’m a big fan of the color/look so I’m just gonna hold out. Might have a lead on a frame though! Fingers crossed Eek

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Here's my V3 Insurgent I recently found in Utah, I got super lucky finding one that popped up for sale at a shop same day they got it. Couldn't be happier, it's amazing in every aspect.

Obviously had to upgrade some things on it, so far best upgrades have been 50mm rise bars, SRAM oval chainring and eagle XX1 cassette.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
chasewiese wrote:
Here's my V3 Insurgent I recently found in Utah, I got super lucky finding one that popped up for sale at a shop same day they got it. Couldn't be happier, it's amazing in every aspect.

Obviously had to upgrade some things on it, so far best upgrades have been 50mm rise bars, SRAM oval chainring and eagle XX1 cassette.

photo
photo

Nice what's the rise on those bars?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021074
Mobile Version of Website