Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Author Message
Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 19:03 Quote
50mm. It literally says it.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 19:05 Quote
fredro wrote:
50mm. It literally says it.

Sorry I'm stupid and blind af

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 7:20 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
fredro wrote:
50mm. It literally says it.

Sorry I'm stupid and blind af

Haha no worries, some say its strange but I grew up on BMX and love the feel of the higher rise.

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
chasewiese wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:
fredro wrote:
50mm. It literally says it.

Sorry I'm stupid and blind af

Haha no worries, some say its strange but I grew up on BMX and love the feel of the higher rise.

i run 50mm bars on both of my bikes, wouldnt have it any other way.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 13:01 Quote
Just recently had a 27.5 we are one carbon hoop built up to run my V3 wreckoning as a mullet instead as i wasn't stoked on the feeling of the full 29er. Ive made a few different changes to the bike to make it more "freeride", stiffer suspension setup, smaller rear wheel obviously, fatter seat tilted slightly to help with leg pinching. Overall super happy with how the bike feels now, might pull out the dropper post and put a fixed post in as i find myself rarely putting the seat up unless i'm climbing up an FSR road.

I'm 6'1" riding a medium frame, 150lbs rider weight running 450lbs spring rear and 68psi with 3 volume tokens front, little firm on the chattery stuff but super supportive on the bigger hits!





Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
Vvltom wrote:
I'm 6'1" riding a medium frame, 150lbs rider weight running 450lbs spring rear and 68psi with 3 volume tokens front, little firm on the chattery stuff but super supportive on the bigger hits!

Nice. Do you have to run it in low at all times due to the mullet config? Also, does that seat feel half decent when climbing?

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 4:10 Quote
Vvltom wrote:
Just recently had a 27.5 we are one carbon hoop built up to run my V3 wreckoning as a mullet instead as i wasn't stoked on the feeling of the full 29er. Ive made a few different changes to the bike to make it more "freeride", stiffer suspension setup, smaller rear wheel obviously, fatter seat tilted slightly to help with leg pinching. Overall super happy with how the bike feels now, might pull out the dropper post and put a fixed post in as i find myself rarely putting the seat up unless i'm climbing up an FSR road.

I'm 6'1" riding a medium frame, 150lbs rider weight running 450lbs spring rear and 68psi with 3 volume tokens front, little firm on the chattery stuff but super supportive on the bigger hits!

Nice! Been thinking of trying that out. I'm concerned about the super low BB height and slack SA though, as this is definitely more of a trail bike for me.
Have you taken and HA, BB, and SA measurements?

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Vvltom wrote:
I'm 6'1" riding a medium frame, 150lbs rider weight running 450lbs spring rear and 68psi with 3 volume tokens front, little firm on the chattery stuff but super supportive on the bigger hits!

Nice. Do you have to run it in low at all times due to the mullet config? Also, does that seat feel half decent when climbing?

I havent tried it in X-Low yet with the mullet setup, will probably wait until im riding a jump line in the bike park before trying the bike that low and slack. I imagine it would feel pretty rad though, but right now im mostly single track trail riding due to the weather so im happy to keep the BB a little higher.

And yeah i guess, i dont really do super long climbs and dont have much to compare it to, but for me its alright i guess. I still get to the top of the trail the same as my friends so thats all i really worry about. It would probably be a bit more comfortable if i tilted it down a little more.

Posted: Jan 10, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Vvltom wrote:
Just recently had a 27.5 we are one carbon hoop built up to run my V3 wreckoning as a mullet instead as i wasn't stoked on the feeling of the full 29er. Ive made a few different changes to the bike to make it more "freeride", stiffer suspension setup, smaller rear wheel obviously, fatter seat tilted slightly to help with leg pinching. Overall super happy with how the bike feels now, might pull out the dropper post and put a fixed post in as i find myself rarely putting the seat up unless i'm climbing up an FSR road.

I'm 6'1" riding a medium frame, 150lbs rider weight running 450lbs spring rear and 68psi with 3 volume tokens front, little firm on the chattery stuff but super supportive on the bigger hits!

Nice! Been thinking of trying that out. I'm concerned about the super low BB height and slack SA though, as this is definitely more of a trail bike for me.
Have you taken and HA, BB, and SA measurements?

TBH unless you're wanting to make the bike more playful in the air and slap the back end into corners fast then its probably not worth it for someone who does a lot of climbing and normal trail riding. The STA is a little bit slacker which i did notice, didnt bother me too much as i dont really enjoy climbing anyway. Basically the number one thing i noticed was how much easier it was to throw the back of the bike around and how much better i felt with my body position having a lower BB. Im used to riding a pretty low 27.5 DH bike so it definitely felt weird going to a higher BB 29er.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 11:10 Quote
Why is it that EVIL doesn't get much recognition? They're never in any bike testing videos, never really talked about in comparison videos but they are at the top of the game?! Since I've bought my V3 Insurgent I have to dig to find info or videos about these bikes, not that I have doubts its because I want to see more content on such an amazing brand.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
chasewiese wrote:
Why is it that EVIL doesn't get much recognition? They're never in any bike testing videos, never really talked about in comparison videos but they are at the top of the game?! Since I've bought my V3 Insurgent I have to dig to find info or videos about these bikes, not that I have doubts its because I want to see more content on such an amazing brand.
Its mainly up to the brand to supply bikes for review. my guess is they just aren't supplying many reviewers with bikes.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 11:35 Quote
Yeah Probably, I've noticed the same thing happening for Pivot Cycles as well.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
chasewiese wrote:
Why is it that EVIL doesn't get much recognition? They're never in any bike testing videos, never really talked about in comparison videos but they are at the top of the game?! Since I've bought my V3 Insurgent I have to dig to find info or videos about these bikes, not that I have doubts its because I want to see more content on such an amazing brand.

They probably don't care to pay or give a bike to the review channels and blogs when their bikes are all on backorder months in advance anyway lol. Correct me if i'm wrong but the majority of those video review channels get paid in one way or another to talk well about the bikes they are given, while only outlining very minor flaws to seem like a real review. Thats my 2c....

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:19 Quote
Beta has gotten all the new Evil's in, as has freehub. There both solid review channels. Freehub is usually a little more high-spirited and talks the bike up, and Beta's is slightly more candid.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Beta has gotten all the new Evil's in, as has freehub. There both solid review channels. Freehub is usually a little more high-spirited and talks the bike up, and Beta's is slightly more candid.

Agreed. It seems like every bike Freehub mag reviews they think is perfect. Beta usually has a couple of things they didn't love.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009843
Mobile Version of Website