Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
If you ever want to talk someone into buying a certain bike send them a freehub vid of it.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 15:04 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
If you ever want to talk someone into buying a certain bike send them a freehub vid of it.

Dude from Freehub is also the best rider and reviewer out of all of them. They also don't review crappy bikes.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

Dude from Freehub is also the best rider and reviewer out of all of them. They also don't review crappy bikes.

Tru freehub guy kinda rips.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
Agreed, freehub is basically the only review channel i actually watch because the reviewer actually shreds and puts the bike through its paces. Not to say the other review channel riders arent as good, but at least with freehub you can actually see the whole process of his ride and understand why he likes or doesnt like something.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
100% agree, freehub is probably my favorite too. I do enjoy beta because of the amount of bikes they get in though.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 19:12 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
100% agree, freehub is probably my favorite too. I do enjoy beta because of the amount of bikes they get in though.

Main thing with beta for me is they seem to look at each bike from a similar point of view, kinda not remembering that people buy certain bikes with specific geometry to ride a type of way. Not everyone just want to chase up and down KOM's! But thats not always, just something ive noticed on some of their review videos.

I also want to hear the opinion of the young curly haired dude they always show actually riding the bikes, that kid shredsssss.

Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
Agreed, I see that kid at the beginning of the every year video.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 4:45 Quote
If anyone with a new Insurgent is thinking they might want the full Wrecker 29er, let me know. I'm wanting to try out the MX version, but don't really want to go through the hassle of selling mine and buying an Insurgent.
Looking to trade frame only, medium, good condition. Mine has roughly 1.5K on it, bearings are smooth, frame wrapped in Invisiframe so it looks fresh. Happy to send details and pics if interested.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Abacall wrote:
If anyone with a new Insurgent is thinking they might want the full Wrecker 29er, let me know. I'm wanting to try out the MX version, but don't really want to go through the hassle of selling mine and buying an Insurgent.
Looking to trade frame only, medium, good condition. Mine has roughly 1.5K on it, bearings are smooth, frame wrapped in Invisiframe so it looks fresh. Happy to send details and pics if interested.

Just throw a 27.5 on the back and run it in the low position, thats what i did and it rides great. Way cheaper and less hassle than swapping frames.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Vvltom wrote:
Abacall wrote:

Just throw a 27.5 on the back and run it in the low position, thats what i did and it rides great. Way cheaper and less hassle than swapping frames.
I'm avoiding that due to the super low BB and slack ST.
Side note: I contacted Evil about purchasing a rear triangle and linkage, but they said they do not sell them separately. Bummer.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
Abacall wrote:
Vvltom wrote:
Abacall wrote:

I'm avoiding that due to the super low BB and slack ST.
Side note: I contacted Evil about purchasing a rear triangle and linkage, but they said they do not sell them separately. Bummer.

The BB height is the same as a lot of modern enduro bikes, mine measures at 340mm in the Low position. Haven't tested out X-Low, but look at bikes like the transition patrol which has a BB height of 340mm and 333mm. Ive not had issues with pedal strikes or chain ring hitting so far. Just trying to give some insight on the option of swapping wheels as its really difficult to find bikes right now, especially evils!

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 20:03 Quote
I really appreciate the insight. Using an online calc I got 330, which is low for the mountain west. But 340, that's doable.
I have a wheel ready to go, so I might just throw it on and see what it's like.
What size rear tire did you go with? I have a DHRII 2.5, but wondering if I should try out a slightly larger 2.6, like the WTB Vigi.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 21:12 Quote
Abacall wrote:
I really appreciate the insight. Using an online calc I got 330, which is low for the mountain west. But 340, that's doable.
I have a wheel ready to go, so I might just throw it on and see what it's like.
What size rear tire did you go with? I have a DHRII 2.5, but wondering if I should try out a slightly larger 2.6, like the WTB Vigi.

All good man! I can do an exact measurement tomorrow but 340mm is with about a ~2mm tolerance for smooth ground.

Im running a 2.5 assegai. I threw on one of my spare wheels off my DH bike cause it was superboost spacing before i committed to getting a wheel built up, all it took was 1 lap and i knew it was how i wanted the bike to feel. I ride a lot of janky northshore stuff (flow and jumps is what i prefer most) and i still havent had any issues with smashing BB yet.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
Abacall wrote:

They're missing out. Seems to be working for GG.

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
Sizing. My local LBS has a L Offering coming next week I’m 5’10.5 which just puts me in the L according to Evils sizing chart. With its really long reach I’m nervous it will be to big. Thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008716
Mobile Version of Website