Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
Hey new Evil owner here. Got a Following V3 and loving it so far. I got a medium frame and I’m 5’11” and the sizing is perfect. It’s a big change coming from my long-time Yeti 575. Since the Evil and SRAM websites are lacking, I was hoping I could ask a couple of questions:

-What is the 30% switch on the DELTA suspension?
-Do ya’ll ride with the Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate open, locked out or switch it during the ride? Seems very stiff when locked out.
-What does the +/- adjustment on the Deluxe shock do? Does it increase/decrease lockout force?

Cheers,
Dan

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 22:44 Quote
I just placed an order for a medium wreckoning frame and I'm stoked! Does anybody know what the stock spring rate of the Super Deluxe Coil is on the medium frame?

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:
I just placed an order for a medium wreckoning frame and I'm stoked! Does anybody know what the stock spring rate of the Super Deluxe Coil is on the medium frame?

400lbs IIRC

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:

Mine came with a 350 spring.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 15:48 Quote
Dundeal79 wrote:
Sizing. My local LBS has a L Offering coming next week I’m 5’10.5 which just puts me in the L according to Evils sizing chart. With its really long reach I’m nervous it will be to big. Thoughts?

Depends on your riding style and local terrain like so many other bikes part choices. Stack height is higher on evils compared to most bikes so I feel that I can ride a smaller frame when compared to other brands like transition. I ride a lot of jumps and freeride type features but generally at high speeds. I’m 6’2” on a large insurgent v3 and rode a large following v3 previously. Prior to getting an evil I rode a 2018 transition XL patrol with 500 reach. My large evil rode about the same as my buddy’s 2018 XL patrol when ridden back to back on the same trail. I would prefer to ride a medium evil frame for maneuverability, but the seat tube length shrinks 30mm for every size you go down, which wouldn’t work well with my 35” inseam. The large is kind of nice for high speed charging through. If you jump a lot go with a medium. In closing, I would get the smallest frame you can make work with your inseam/preferred saddle height with dropper down. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
def78738 wrote:
Hey new Evil owner here. Got a Following V3 and loving it so far. I got a medium frame and I’m 5’11” and the sizing is perfect. It’s a big change coming from my long-time Yeti 575. Since the Evil and SRAM websites are lacking, I was hoping I could ask a couple of questions:

-What is the 30% switch on the DELTA suspension?
-Do ya’ll ride with the Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate open, locked out or switch it during the ride? Seems very stiff when locked out.
-What does the +/- adjustment on the Deluxe shock do? Does it increase/decrease lockout force?

Cheers,
Dan

The sag indicator has never been useful for me. Climb switches aren’t necessary on evil in my experience unless you’re hammering on XC stuff. The supplied RS deluxe shock has external rebound and 3-position compression adjustment (Open/Pedal/Lock). There should have been a user manual in the bike box if you bought it new. If not evil will be happy to help you.

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 17:32 Quote
Dundeal79 wrote:
Sizing. My local LBS has a L Offering coming next week I’m 5’10.5 which just puts me in the L according to Evils sizing chart. With its really long reach I’m nervous it will be to big. Thoughts?

I'm 6ft riding a medium wreckoning. It's feels spot on a but I prefer bikes feeling not too stretched out and more nimble. A large would feel enormous to me

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
Kezzerr wrote:
Dundeal79 wrote:

I'm 6ft riding a medium wreckoning. It's feels spot on a but I prefer bikes feeling not too stretched out and more nimble. A large would feel enormous to me

Same, 6'1 medium wrecker. If you want the bike to feel more playful, shorter is the go.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 17:02 Quote
Dundeal79 wrote:

I'm 5' 11" and ride a Large Insurgent myself, it's perfect, medium isn't big enough, obviously can ride it but feels small.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:05 Quote
For those on the wreckoning and 175 lbs, what spring rate did you go with?

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 19:51 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:

I'm 145/150lbs and im running a 450lbs spring, its pretty firm though so its probably a bit too oversprung for tech riding.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 0:31 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:

170 lbs here running a 325 lbs spring. Sags sitting at 27ish% so probably could run a 300 lbs spring to get 30% sag

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 4:12 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:
150 lb and running a 325# on the 11.6 per Push's reccs. Ride a lot of everything on this bike, never bottomed out even from bigger (15') drops.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Good to know! It sounds like the stock spring on a medium might be a 350 so I'll be close

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 12:51 Quote
Evil following v1.

My evil following v1.

Slx build, torch hub body with hydra internals, one up bars, lyrik select with ultimate dampener, monarch rt3 with rwc needle bearings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007404
Mobile Version of Website