Evil Owners Club

PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
bikehard11 wrote:
For those on the wreckoning and 175 lbs, what spring rate did you go with?

Currently around 210lb and using a 475# spring with a PUSH. Only about 100 miles on the bike so far, but feels about right so far.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
190lb with a 475 spring on insurgent v3 with ext storia v3

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 21:21 Quote
Frame acquired! Wow it’s been a long search for this color and size. Drove 4 hours to central WA to pick it up. Build is halfways done as I’m waiting for a few more parts in the mail. SO excited! Big Grin

Also, what’s with all the hate on the sag meters on Evils? After fiddling around with it, it seems like a nifty little thing.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
krau wrote:
Frame acquired! Wow it’s been a long search for this color and size. Drove 4 hours to central WA to pick it up. Build is halfways done as I’m waiting for a few more parts in the mail. SO excited! Big Grin

Also, what’s with all the hate on the sag meters on Evils? After fiddling around with it, it seems like a nifty little thing.

I’m in North Central WA. What shop did you buy from?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 15:29 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
krau wrote:

We have a number of Evils on the floor here at Ridge Cyclesport in Wenatchee.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 21:58 Quote
The-White-CON wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:
krau wrote:

That’s 2 blocks from my place.

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
Why does Evil not have a manufacturer forum here? Why do we have to use “other”

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 16:04 Quote
Dundeal79 wrote:
Why does Evil not have a manufacturer forum here? Why do we have to use “other”

Because we're the misfits of the MTB community.... Naa my guess it's the same reason EVIL bikes aren't advertised everywhere and are not in every bike comparison video, they don't pay people for info on their bikes. But in a way it makes me feel better about being part of a brand that is more exclusive and better than most out there!

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 19:29 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:

Methow Cycle up in Winthrop. Nice little shop, can’t believe a high end bike shop is in this little town of like 400 people lol

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 19:32 Quote
The-White-CON wrote:

You might want to contact Evil and make sure you’re on their “Dealers page” map thing on their website. It’s what I used to find out what shops carry Evils during my hunt.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 1:32 Quote
def78738 wrote:
-Do ya’ll ride with the Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate open, locked out or switch it during the ride? Seems very stiff when locked out.
-What does the +/- adjustment on the Deluxe shock do? Does it increase/decrease lockout force?

I used to run mine open pretty much all the time unless on a road climb or something.

From what I remember, the shock has a rebound adjuster (red), a lockout lever (blue), and a three position dial that sits behind the lockout marked +/-. Guessing this is what you’re talking about. It’s compression adjustment for the open lockout position, so + will give you more damping and a firmer ride, and - will be more open and compliant.

Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 4:54 Quote
krau wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Methow Cycle up in Winthrop. Nice little shop, can’t believe a high end bike shop is in this little town of like 400 people lol

A lot of money rolls through that town.

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
After 4 months wait, took delivery of a new Insurgent GX build from Summit Bicycles. It came with Sunringle Duroc SD 37 wheel set and not Industry Nine Enduro S Hydra as it is suppose to. Anyone else had this happen? What may have happened here?

Sent email to Summit and waiting response (closed weekend).

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 7:06 Quote
bikingbad wrote:
After 4 months wait, took delivery of a new Insurgent GX build from Summit Bicycles. It came with Sunringle Duroc SD 37 wheel set and not Industry Nine Enduro S Hydra as it is suppose to. Anyone else had this happen? What may have happened here?

Sent email to Summit and waiting response (closed weekend).
Just got my Offering delivered to my local LBS and it came with The i9 hydra S, so I’m thinking there must be a mix up. I mean on there website there called the Hydra builds

Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 9:35 Quote

Finally wrapped up this build at midnight last night, so here’s a crappy garage pic. Dream build complete! Big Grin The question is, do I go get it dirty or go snap a few photos? This is the cleanest it’ll ever be lol

XT groupset + XTR derailleur
One up bars, dropper, EDC tool
WAO Union rims + Hydra

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009503
Mobile Version of Website